Old 26th January 2001, 02:27   #1
EviLDeD

Hello there everyone,

This is my first time here, and I have read the faq, and read the documentation and unless I missed it I cannot find a solution to my problem.

I am using ShoutCast server 1.8.0/win32 and winamp 2.71/win32, now I have downloaded the dsp plugin the most recent, I have set most of the settings I think that were appropriate in the config file for shourtcast. I have also gon and installed the NetShow tools. My sound card is a SoundBlaster 128 PCI.

What my problem is that when people connect to the server there is no audio. Nothing! The one thing that I have noticed is in the shoutcast server window to the immediate right of the microphone it lists constanly a changing number between -62db and -75db .

I have the advanced streaming turned on as well so I would be able to voice over a stream. So far everything looks fine.

Could someome please tell me what I am doing wrong. Its getting very frustrated, as I have tried to max the preamp in winamp, still with no audio in a client. I have the volumn for my system maxed. Still nothing.

Another thing that I noticed is that the audio compression seems to max out at 56kbit 22000hz there is no 128kbit selection nor are there any cd quality selections at all.

If this question has been asked before I apologise for wasting the bandwidth on it.

Please respond to me directly at evilded@uox3.net if you have some ideas as to what I should be doing, or what I am doing wrong..

Before I forget all the rest seems to work, meaning that Winamp clients see the current song playing , and they can connect to the http interface in teh shoutcast server and see the previous played list, and currnet playing song. So this made it even more confusing...

Thank in advance..

EviLDeD
EviLDeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2001, 12:35   #2
RuphBear

Quote:
Originally posted by EviLDeD
Please respond to me directly at evilded@uox3.net if you have some ideas as to what I should be doing, or what I am doing wrong..
Sorry guy, this is for the most part a volunteer effort. You'll have to monitor the forum for any answers to your problem.

Quote:
I have the advanced streaming turned on as well so I would be able to voice over a stream. So far everything looks fine.
First thing I would do is take the setup down to its simplest level, meaning just the Shoutcast DSP in WinAmp, and the Shoutcast DNAS. Turn off the advanced streaming, mic inputs, etc, and just have WinAmp playing to the Shoutcast DNAS. Then confirm that this setting is/is not working. I would also check for any driver updates for your soundcard, ethernet adapters, OS, etc.

Quote:
Another thing that I noticed is that the audio compression seems to max out at 56kbit 22000hz there is no 128kbit selection nor are there any cd quality selections at all.
These are the default drivers. If you'd like to stream at higher bitrates, and have the bandwidth to support it, you can buy the Frauhoff (sp?) codecs, or try another DSP. OddSock (www.oddsock.org) has a DSP which includes the Lame encoder which will stream CD quality at 128kbps.

Ruph
RuphBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2001, 15:15   #3
ALTERadio

SB 128 will not support the Advanced Recording options properly. I have tried this with a SB PCI64 & 128...The only luck I have ever got was upgrading to a SB Live! Turn off the Advanced Recording Options. Actually, you'll most likley have to delete your DSP and reinstall it and not enable the Advanced Recording Options. Then just connect like you normally would and all should be good. If you are using a Linerec:// option, you must ensure that that LineIn is selected under Volume, Properties, Recording. Hope this helps!

Spread the Lov*E*

---------------------------------------
Wrangler Radio - Today's Hot Country Hits
war.str3am.com:7020/listen.pls
---------------------------------------
ALTERadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions