Old 2nd February 2004, 03:39   #1
Amplex9

'Voice Fx' (winamp plug in)

Is there anyone who knows anything about it or how to get it working right?
Im having some problems with it...
I Just installed it and loaded it into the 'Special Audio' DSP stacker along with 'Sam Encoders' (All 3 built by the same people) started everything up and open the Voice Fx plugin and set up a track to tyalk over as a test, but when I click on the PTT I get a popup saying:
'Problem creating record handle32'
The button goes down when I just mouse over it and comes up when I pres the 'Lock' button but goes down again when you close the warning window.
The music playing does fade down and then back up but no audio from the mic. Audio is getting to the speakers but not to the audio stream.
Any ideas?
Amplex9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2004, 23:40   #2
Amplex9

Well I wrote to the maker of the plugin and didnt realy get the info I needed to sort the problem so I wrote back and have not recieved a reply.... I aint holding my breath.
So has anyone here got any info on sorting this program out or has anyone here actualy used and had the plugin working right?
Old 8th February 2004, 11:23   #3
Rendy

Used it before...Doesn't seem to be working well.

I suggest that you use the similar VoiceFX on ShoutCast DSP and if you need to launch SAM Encoders and ShoutCast DSP simultaneously, you can always use those DSP stackers like MuchFX.
Rendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2004, 16:03   #4
Amplex9

Thanks.
Id thought about that before but wasnt sure if you had to be encoding through the DSP for it to work with a mic input and as I use the Sam encoders for MP3Pro I didnt want to change to the shoutcast DSP.
So can it be used just as a mic input and still run it through the Sam Encoders in a stacker?
Old 4th February 2014, 19:43   #5
ItaraFolf

I honestly hate resurrecting ancient threads like this but ... This particular plug-in was a great idea while it stil somewhat functioned properly as it allowed users to use their USB Mic/headset through the stream with almost no issues.

I myself used it up until about midway through last year when it really started to break down (mostly due to updates to Winamp) and I STILL use the SAM Encoder plug-in. With the original company having moved away from Winamp plug-in support/development neither of these systems has been updated in a long time. The only one that still functions properly (that I actually have) is the encoder, which still lets a user use their USB Mic by swapping out to soundcard, provided it is selected as the soundcard source in the Encoder DSP. The problem with this is that doing so cuts out the music feed for the duration of the Mic broadcast.

What I would personally love to see is another stand alone Mic input plug-in that can be stacked with the Encoder and other DSPs. something independent from the default Nullsoft SHOUTCast DSP.
ItaraFolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2014, 14:32   #6
DrO

what specific Winamp updates are you referring to and in what way did the plug-in(s) break? as there shouldn't have been any DSP related breakages with any of the Winamp 5.64-66 releases last year.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2014, 19:29   #7
ItaraFolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
what specific Winamp updates are you referring to and in what way did the plug-in(s) break? as there shouldn't have been any DSP related breakages with any of the Winamp 5.64-66 releases last year.
I have not used it for a while now but I can say that in the last year or two (from about 5.5 and up) it began to act up. The particular 'break' occurs randomly through use (I do not remember the exact error message and avoid using Voice FX at present) however the moment it happens the plug-in will cease transmitting mic audio.

I'll have to fire it up again and wait for the error window to pop up, then let you know what its saying.

Honestly, the only reason I used this particular plug in was because it allowed me to use my USB Headset Mic as part of a voice over instead of having to use the Soundcard mode on SAM Encoder for Winamp (no, the native ShoutCast plug-in does not allow me to use my mic, not even in Soundcard mode).
Old 10th February 2014, 19:33   #8
DrO

so it's basically an old plug-in anyway (as v5.5 is from almost 7yrs ago) and could just be the age of the plug-in in combination with Windows changes (and possibly anything from Winamp) in 7+ years.

and i know quite well that the official Source DSP doesn't do things correctly because it's never been able to be updated to work with the newer ways from Vista and up (as it was too heavily tied to the Win9x way of doing things which is why it doesn't work correctly).
Old 10th February 2014, 19:39   #9
ItaraFolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
so it's basically an old plug-in anyway (as v5.5 is from almost 7yrs ago) and could just be the age of the plug-in in combination with Windows changes (and possibly anything from Winamp) in 7+ years.

and i know quite well that the official Source DSP doesn't do things correctly because it's never been able to be updated to work with the newer ways from Vista and up (as it was too heavily tied to the Win9x way of doing things which is why it doesn't work correctly).
I don't use Vista, 7 or 8. I prefer my PC to do what it is told to do (within reason) by me - not by Microsoft nor will I 'rent' my OS (as per 7 and beyond).

The plug-in itself is discontinued (Spacial Audio has taken down ALL Winamp related plug-ins, including their broadcaster). Hence my pondering why no one else has bothered to try and recreate it.

Ah well .... it was a thought at any rate.
Old 10th February 2014, 19:44   #10
DrO

there's been updates to XP as well which could also be causing issues (SP2 rocked that boat in a number of ways).

though things being removed is just reflective of the general state of Winamp plug-ins as not many people use them, hence little interest in working on them, etc. plus Spacial are more focused on their own direct products than things for what for them is a 3rd party.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Discussions