Old 8th February 2014, 18:29   #1
How to Add an Existing Internet Station to SHOUTcast?

I host a smooth jazz/R&B program that airs weekly on the Fishbowl Radio Network's Kidd Kraddick Green Bowl. The Fishbowl Radio Network, or FBRN, now in its fifth year (www.fbrn.us), is a Dallas-area-based Internet radio station that bills itself as "Internet Radio With Personality" -- which, as the slogan suggests, is pesomality-driven online radio, with more than 100 programs currently on its schedule, webcasting on five channels, or "bowls."

My question is, how can FBRN be added to the SHOUTcast directory? This is something that I am proposing to FBRN's founder and CEO, Sylvia St. John-Martinez, a longtime Dallas-area radio personality known as "Sammi G." However, I'm asking this question for informational purposes before I formally submit my proposal to her.
SkeeterVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2014, 21:07   #2
Send a message via AIM to aaronsnet
You must use a Shoutcast server in order to be listed in the Shoutcast directory.

the detour network - detour MUSIC, detour TALK, detour BLUES, SOF Radio

Purple Zebra Media Services-http://purplezebra.us
Supporting independent, licensed internet radio stations since 2001!
aaronsnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2014, 02:55   #3
my station name is old skul music, how do I add it in shoutcast so i can search for it?

I use a shoutcast server
jrainey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2014, 14:25   #4
SkeeterVT: unless the stream is provided via a DNAS server, it cannot be listed as the DNAS server does all of the handling needed to be listed as well as providing the stream to the listeners.

jrainey1: ensure the stream is set to be 'public' which is done either in the source connected to the DNAS server or by setting publicserver=always in the DNAS's configuration file (and will need a restart [if it's a v1.x DNAS] or a config reload [if it's a v2.x DNAS]).

also check the DNAS's error log for any NAK or YP errors and try to resolve them. if you cannot then you'll need to provide more details on your setup (including what you've tried) and any errors which are being reported.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Discussions

fbrn, shoutcast directory