Old 15th February 2001, 04:12   #1
FlyinVR6

Send a message via AIM to FlyinVR6
Hey all,
Are there any WinAmp plug-ins that will tell me which song is going to be picked next while in a random play mode? At the same time also tell me what songs have just been played? Are there any song logging plug-ins at all? I would like to know so I can tell people that their song may possibly be coming up next. Of course if I just play the song it resets the random playing order of the playlist and recently played songs may be played in the near future again.
Thanks in advance,
-FlyinVR6
FlyinVR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2001, 15:12   #2
jonus

I would suggest trying out SAM or some other automation software. So far I don't really feel I want to recommend any of them cause they are ALL cheesy, but SAM is the only one I know of that will output directly to WinAmp/SHOUTcast.

A Thought: Why the hell doesn't somebody write an effective automation software that doesn't look like a fuckin' cheesy video game.
jonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2001, 20:41   #3
FlyinVR6

hey,
thanks for the reply. i found SAM just after i posted my topic the other nite. i downloaded it and was impressed with it's features but disappointed with it's presentation. they tried to cram so much unnecessary info onto one screen. they also collaborate a lot with Audiorealm which i visited.....that place is a ghost town! they have something like 114 subscribers....dead to the world, so it's tough to get support for some of the features they have supposedly put out for SAM. i got SAM up and running but noticed it drains a lot of your CPU's resources, and i mean a lot! so i wound up going back to the good ol' exclusive Winamp setup. i guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
thanks,
-chris
Old 15th February 2001, 20:59   #4
jonus

Sorry that SAM didn't work out for you... it didn't work for me either because I got sick of the interface and the limitations it has. If you come across a decent automation software, please post some info on it. The ones I've already looked at are Raduga, Myriad, SAM, and several other wanna-be apps.
jonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2001, 21:07   #5
Shirow
Major Dude

Yeah, here's a dare to any programmers watching - write a decent Shoutcast administration program that isn't packed full of junk and works well..

Shirow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2001, 08:28   #6
SomaFM

Check out OtsJuke.com. We use it for Groove Salad. Aside from the fact the current version only works on Win98 and not NT/2k, it's pretty good. Native shoutcast support.
SomaFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2001, 09:58   #7
skinnyw

Keep an eye out for AutoStation 2001. I wrote it for MP3 power users and streamers. It doesn't cater for statistics at the moment, it creates and enques to winamp, unique and everchanging playlists 24/7.

There are various selection criterea, a weekly programme scheduler, as well as an Advert and jingle sytem. That's all I'm willing to let you know about it at the moment.

It's really very powerful. I'm looking to release a copy mid March 2001, it's just a case of finishing it off at the moment.

If you want to be notified of its release, please email Autostation2001@yahoo.co.uk

skinnyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2001, 15:40   #8
FlyinVR6

....how much will Autostation be???? That is the real question!
Old 20th February 2001, 08:12   #9
skinnyw

To be decided. But don't expect to pay more than $15 for a full working copy.
skinnyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2001, 20:41   #10
THEMike
Bastificator [Alumni]

My system is available.

Its at:
http://www.shoutcasp.co.uk

"Beer?"
THEMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions