Old 26th October 2017, 10:59   #1
gABBY025

Start Server Button (Chrome)

Hello all,

I just installed the new Dnas Shoutcast server (v. 2.5.5 build 733) and installed. Dsp plugin installed in winamp and opened all the ports that are needed.

When I hit the the Setup Batch file in the Shoutcast folder is opens up a nice step by step config page in Chrome but once I hit the last page - Save Settings - things turn bad. I can't seems to save a valid config file on my computer to get the server started.

When I hit save settings I need to hit refresh in my browser window en get the screen where it asks Start Server or Exit.

Exit works just fine, altough nothing is saved as a config file. When I hit Start Server nohting happens.

All my settings seem fine, ports are open. Tried different browsers, I got full writing persmisson in my folder .

Any help here?
gABBY025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2017, 11:49   #2
neralex
Major Dude

Forget the setup, check the docs-folder. There you will find some examples and also ALL config-parameters. Build your config manually - its only text-based.
neralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2017, 11:50   #3
gABBY025

Thx, will do. Keep you posted.
Old 26th October 2017, 11:57   #4
gABBY025

Seems that I don't have a All config parameters page. Only some html help files on how to get started and some tutorial pages. No setup page found.
Old 26th October 2017, 11:58   #5
gABBY025

Altough I found this page: setup

password,Enter the password to use for source connections to the server.<br>compilde025<br>This is used for source connections where a stream specific password was not set.<br><br><b>Note:</b> This cannot be set to the same password as '<b>Admin Password</b>'.
adminpassword,Enter the administrator password to use for all server and stream administrator logins.<br><br>This password allows access to all server and stream administrator pages; unlike the stream specific administrator password(s) which only allow access to the administrator pages of the associated stream number.<br><br><b>Note:</b> This cannot be set to the same password as '<b>Source Password</b>'.
portbase,Enter the port which listeners and sources use to connect to the server for all actions.<br>8000<br>This port needs to be opened to allow the stream(s) to be accessed outside of your local network (if that is required for them).<br><br><b>Note:</b> Legacy v1 sources are only able to connect to the server on '<b>Server Port + 1</b>' e.g. 8001 if 'Server Port' is 8000.<br><br>This means this additional port needs to be opened as well if you want to allow legacy v1 sources from outside of your network.
maxuser,Enter the maximum number of listeners which are allowed to connect to the server at once.<br><br><b>Note:</b> This is the upper limit applied across all active streams and cannot be exceeded.<br><br>Set this to <b>zero</b> if you do not want to have a limit on listener numbers. You will still need to ensure that you have enough bandwidth and system resources to not experience issues (e.g. stream stuttering).
streams,Enable this option to setup specific stream configuration(s) in the next part of setup.<br><br>If not checked, source(s) can connect to the server using '<b>Source Password</b>' and specifying any stream number (if not already connected on that stream number).<br><br>If checked, source(s) will only be able to connect to the specified stream(s) using the settings in stage 2 of setup. Any connection on an unspecified stream will be rejected

-----

I guess this is what you mean? I need to fill in the stuff needed between the <> signs?
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support