Old 8th February 2014, 10:17   #1
mukke

improve the bookmark option

Please improve the bookmark option when opening radio streams from outside winamp. When I try to bookmark such stations (by right clicking the streams name and use send to, add to Bookmarks) I get only the track name in my bookmark list but not the stations name.
mukke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2014, 13:39   #2
DrO

that's because bookmarking uses the current title from the playlist entry for the 'title' and with streams. there's never a guarantee that a 'station name' is even provided for it - as different streaming types means there is no standardisation so what you're wanting is essentially not something that'll happen.

there's nothing to stop you editing the name for the bookmark in the 'bookmarks' view in the library.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2014, 10:17   #3
mukke

and why is it that I can easily bookmark a station (here just the station name) in the shoutcast-view (Media library) by just mouse-over the star and clicking on it?

That's what I mean and would like to have this functionality for all stations, no matter how I opened them in winamp.
mukke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2014, 10:35   #4
DrO

because that's just how it works.

from the playlist it uses the current title (as that's all it knows).

from the SHOUTcast view, since the SHOUTcast response provides a title, the library plug-in is then able to use that when it uses the bookmarking API (which is the same as what the playlist editor uses but at a lower level) provided to plug-ins so it can specify a specific title.

so as i tried to explain, unless that information is specifically known at the time the bookmark is created, then what is happening is the best that can be done without hacking things up and trying to 'guess' things that cannot be guaranteed as correct.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist