Old 15th May 2002, 09:54   #1
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

Location: Universe > Milkyway > Sol > Earth > Europe > Germany > Bavaria > Near Nuremberg
Send a message via ICQ to -=RoNtZ=- Send a message via AIM to -=RoNtZ=- Send a message via Yahoo to -=RoNtZ=-
Post a new try

thats just the beginning, but it'll work in the way "greeneye" from ashram does. with a click on a button the slider with the unneeded parts of winamp will slide out and show'em. on the part you see there will be play , next, back and stop buttons and also buttons for the slider and equalizer. green your browser must be able to show pngs!!!

Frozen skins: Gravestone Betaskins: Mushroom ::-:: The Claw
In development: TechnodropFinished: Draculas Helmet (<-- still waiting for some color themes!) ::-:: Hal's eye
-=RoNtZ=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2002, 10:08   #2
simon snowflake
Skin Wizard
(Forum King)

Location: Gent, Belgium. does anybody know where the toilets are?
Send a message via ICQ to simon snowflake
You can add the png's as files to your post!!! That works way better then the thing you are trying.

And please press instead of when replying

don't be a thief of your own life.... : DEXYD - Digitally EXpressing Your Dreams

Join the Winamp Enthusiasts Forum - Join the Winamp Skin Love facebook group:
simon snowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2002, 10:40   #3
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

Location: Universe > Milkyway > Sol > Earth > Europe > Germany > Bavaria > Near Nuremberg
Send a message via ICQ to -=RoNtZ=- Send a message via AIM to -=RoNtZ=- Send a message via Yahoo to -=RoNtZ=-
why should i post a new topic if i reply??? hm.. yes, adding the files in here would be a better idea, but i don't have them on this hdd as this isn't my computer nad i can't watch them from here myself. ...but i'll paste 'em this evening...

In development: TechnodropFinished: Draculas Helmet (<-- still waiting for some color themes!) ::-:: Hal's eye
Old 17th May 2002, 17:16   #4
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

sorry guys, don't know wich one's the right ways... therefore i'll post in both...
Attached Images
File Type: png green.png (26.5 KB, 614 views)

Old 28th May 2002, 14:51   #5
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

what about some review now???

Old 28th May 2002, 17:53   #6
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

well, it's a good shape, it's well done..
but it's not a skin, noone can tell you whether it looks lik a good skin or not because noone can tell if it is a skin or not..

make something of it and then post another image...

-Plague
Plague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2002, 12:58   #7
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

figured sth out... but it's just a concept... it isn't the real shape though. but u can see how it shall become...it isn't even that way i want it to be.. gotta work on it... but what do u think about the SHAPE????...i know.. it's too huge at the moment and so on, but i think u can figure out the idea.
Attached Images
File Type: png main.png (86.0 KB, 540 views)

Old 29th May 2002, 13:42   #8
Adil
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Adil Send a message via AIM to Adil Send a message via Yahoo to Adil
now THAT's better ! LOL
Adil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2002, 15:04   #9
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

for better imagination:
the "long thing" will be a little bit transparent, on the green shape i first posted will be a button to let it slide out and 3 or 4 more buttons which are the most important ones... such as play and stop or sth like that.

Old 29th May 2002, 15:14   #10
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by simon snowflake
And please press instead of when replying [/B]
...if u mean my other posts: that are other skins, can't think of anything else u could mean....

Old 29th May 2002, 17:02   #11
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

MUCH better!

This one looks really good man!
Continue the work on this one, it'll rock!

-Plague
Old 29th May 2002, 18:40   #12
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

what do u think: shall i work on the smaller one(which is a lot nicer, i think), or shall i finish the big one?

Old 29th May 2002, 18:56   #13
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

dunno...
do whatever you think is the best..
I've seen what you can do, so I'm confident you'll make a great skin..

-Plague
Old 29th May 2002, 21:56   #14
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

... just added the first button, but i don't like it somehow....
Attached Images
File Type: png green.png (28.9 KB, 498 views)

Old 29th May 2002, 22:24   #15
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

naaah...
looks weird..
Like the button-shape though

-Plague
Old 29th May 2002, 22:38   #16
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

*g* ...what do u mean? is it looking weird or do ya like it? did i understand u right, that u like the button?

Old 29th May 2002, 22:51   #17
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

I was agreeing with your thoughts about it..

I think it looks weird, don't like the GFX of it but I DO like the shape..

-Plague
Old 29th May 2002, 23:00   #18
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

hm... any idea for the button? i'm too tired to think of anything ... do u exactly knwo, what u do NOT like about the button?? cause that's my problem... i don't like it, but don't know why....

Old 29th May 2002, 23:02   #19
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

the graphics of it...
loose that..
make it, like beeing sunken into the main shape or something..
I dunno, it's really hard to know..

-Plague
Old 29th May 2002, 23:12   #20
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

do u mean like in my skin...k.. it's no skin yet... *g* ... in my shape "Step2"?? or do u mean, sunken like it would be under a glass surface?

Old 29th May 2002, 23:40   #21
The Rhino
Major Dude

all i have to say that your first skin try is much better than this i think but of course i havent seen much on this one
The Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2002, 23:54   #22
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

maybe make the button more like the ones in the bigger version you posted in this thread..

-Plague
Old 30th May 2002, 10:52   #23
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

@ The Rhino: mhm... *G*... i think this one's better ...
@ ThePlague: how do u mean that? it's a totally other button....how
should i make it like in the other version?

Old 1st June 2002, 21:45   #24
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

hey....guys! it's been a while!
still waiting for answers...

Old 3rd June 2002, 00:09   #25
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

patiance...
It's just been a couple of days..
And I have been offline for 4 days in a row now..
Been visiting my brother..

I have no idea whatsoever how to make the button I mean..
But since you made so nice buttons on the other skin, I thought you could make some on this aswell...

-Plague
Old 3rd June 2002, 16:07   #26
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

hm... which skin do u mean?? the main.png?? wich buttons do ya like there so much?? i mean, that's a simple bevel, nothing special...

Old 3rd June 2002, 16:54   #27
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

yeah but that's what I mean..
You could do something similar to that..

I am no gfx expert so I honestly cannot tell you how or what to do about the button, only thing I can tell you is that it needs another style.

-Plague
Old 3rd June 2002, 17:20   #28
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

*lol* ...k... think i got what u mean... but i can't promiss anything as the button is very close to the border and it shall also have some nice style.. that makes the thing much more difficult... we'll c what i can get outta this!

Old 9th June 2002, 18:09   #29
liquidmotion
Smokes Two Joints
Beta Team

Send a message via ICQ to liquidmotion
looks kinda cool, although i am a firm believer in form=function. you'll have to find a happy medium.

For a good time: shup | stashbox | my homepage
liquidmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2002, 19:48   #30
ChaosMcGruff

about your button.
my suggestion is that the lighting effect doesn't seem right. I would put it as if it was higher up, and make the look a bit more plasticky. Also, there is a small intense white border around the button that is blackish on the other shape. in photoshop, i would contract the selection right after you apply the lighting effect, and then go on with the other filters (bevel, more lights.) but that's just my opinion.
ChaosMcGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2002, 07:29   #31
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

the thing about this button is, that i made it mostly without any filters... but i think i got it... will try it... let's c how it looks then

Old 17th June 2002, 18:59   #32
omarello
Major Dude

hey ok heres wha ti think.

first, ilike the big skin more, with the control buttons and every thing (ur forth post)

i think if u are doing this button in order to make this drawer with the buttons slide out. then forget the button. do it witough a button. i think a good idea is o make the whole moon thing area clickable in order for the drawer to pop out. or even have it on mouse over the moon area.

i dunno if u get what i mean, but i think having a button will not fit, because the shape is weird and small.

neways gtg. see ya later

Shoot me again I ain't dead YET
omarello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2002, 19:14   #33
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

*g* ... got ya... ... i like the idea, yes, but i also wanna put at least two more buttons on the "moon"shape.

Old 17th August 2002, 22:30   #34
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

hey maki-monkeys!

got a problem with that skin:

when the panel is slided/sliding in, u always can see the panel on the upper and lower right edges, but u mustn't see that! any ideas?

btw: it's been renamend to "Green-moon", as i don't want that anyone puzzles the name with green amp!!!
Attached Images
File Type: png green-moon-ss.png (28.5 KB, 397 views)

Old 18th August 2002, 00:30   #35
kingo'mountain
in need of banned aid

well, there should be some kind of a mask layer where the drawer is shown, i can draw you the concept if you dont know what i mean, the layer should be a transparent 1.... and it should go between the moon and the drawer.....

maybe use sysregion="1" (note: im totally not sure)

btw: it looks great, i tried doing a moon shaped skin, but i dropped it
kingo'mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2002, 00:10   #36
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

hm.. concept would be nice... i'm not totally sure if i got what u meant...i hope i can work some nice buttons....

Old 24th August 2002, 09:28   #37
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

how does this sysregion thing work? i just don't get it...

Old 24th August 2002, 10:39   #38
Naamloos
Forum King

make a mask layer like kingo said, and then use sysregion="-1" or -2, im not sure...

it should cut-off everything *including the background*
Naamloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2002, 19:47   #39
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

hm... don't know if i understood that right... i make a layer,which looks like the shape i want to see, then i say it's a mask layer, and then i say it should have sysregion="-1" (-2) ...
right?

Old 6th September 2002, 10:38   #40
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

hm... i now know, that it's sysregion="-2" but i really don't know how the rest shall look or where to put it. i tried it with skinarmorys tutorial, btw, but as it isn't finished i'm very stuck now. *g* i got the mask, an i put it in a normal layer with sysregion="-2". but everywhere i put it, it doesn't work and just shows the black mask.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins