Old 7th January 2011, 11:58   #1
Norwood

Can someone help me create this custom view?

So, I usually throw my headphones on and click "Never Played". Just to mix it up, and not listen to the same stuff over and over again. I have about 160GB of music, and there are lots of bands that have multiple albums - for example some of my favorite bands have tons of albums (Zappa, Rush, Dream Theater, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles etc).

So, obviously those bands get played a lot more than a band that has only one of two albums.

So I'm trying to create a view that will allow me to listen to music the same way "Never Played" does - song has been played "n" amount of times - but I would like to add something like the actual band hasn't been played in, say, 3 hours.

I can't seem to figure this out, as artist or album artist doesn't have a "time" qualifier to add.

So, if anyone can help me create this view, you will win one free month access to any website on the internet. On me.
Norwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2011, 23:54   #2
JonnyMac

If I correctly understand, you what you are asking to have a view that displays items that were not played in the last three hours. In other words, were played before three ago.

Maybe this...
1. .Right click on 'Local Media' and select 'Add Smart View...'
2. .In the 'Choose a Preset' drop-down box select 'Audio'
3. .Under the formula bar that will appear after selecting the Audio preset, select/click 'and'
4. .Click the plus button under the first formula bar to add another.
5. .Set the second formula as follows...
Played Last | Before | 3 h ago
Time in the third box can be set by pressing the [Choose Time] button. Then use the Relative > Time Ago box to set the desired time.
6..Give it name at the bottom 'New Smart View' options box.

Note, music/items that do not have a "last played" time stamp, may not show up in the new view.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2011, 14:11   #3
Norwood

Yes, but I don't want a band to play if one of their songs has been played in the past 3 hours.

Because I have lots bands with 20 or more albums and some bands with just one. My playlist usually gets dominated by those bands with the most albums.

So I want to slow those guys down, and give other albums a chance.

So, not just songs that were never played...but bands that haven't been played in 3 hours.
Old 10th January 2011, 20:33   #4
Norwood

So it's not possible?

I've found something Winamp can't do! Winamp has never failed me before, this can't be happening!!

Seriously...just a view that plays songs by bands that haven't been played in x amount of days, hours etc.
Old 11th January 2011, 00:15   #5
JonnyMac

My apologies for the late reply.

AFAIK, there is not a way to do that. Anyone else with ideas?
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
custom views