Old 16th August 2005, 14:45   #241
niteflyer

Bugs in DirRequster ?

Could you confirm 2 bugs in InstallOptionsEx 2.4.2.b4 regarding the flag DIRREQUEST for buttons:

1) STATE will not be used as input to set the default folder of the DirRequester dialog. I know, this is not documented, but even the documented feature (the default folder will be previous selected one) does not work. REFFIELDS work, but only as documented for the output of the DirRequester. It would be nice to be able to initialize the dialog's default folder via STATE or the referenced textcontrol.

2) LISTITEMS displays a pipe character (|) at the end of the string. I can only get rid of this by appending about 700 space characters to the string.

Two hints for the documentation: you should mention that the NOTIFY-value is mandatory for a button to display a requester. I had no examples and was puzzling some hours to get it work like in 'old' InstallOptions.

In "How to use - Step 6: Return Value" you mention the return value on the stack (this is documented for "InstallOptions" as well) but in your example for Step 3 (Call the DLL - "show") you "forget" to pop the return value from the stack. Does InstallOptionsEx provide no return value anymore or did you really forget the POP (there have to be 2 POPs) ?

I am currently using NSIS 2.07.

See my custom testpage in the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ioex.zip (827 Bytes, 272 views)
niteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2005, 15:44   #242
deguix
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to deguix
1) There is actually no way to fix this without creating a new custom dialog for this occasion. The input of a folder is not accepted by the BROWSEINFO structure used by the SHBrowseForFolder. If you verify throughtly, even NSIS and InstallOptions have this problem. It always points to the "My Documents" folder first.

That default value is actually the value when you read from the INI file, not the one which appears, because you can't input a folder name to the control. So, there is no reason for saying the default value that appears, because it's the Windows default = "My Documents". But still, is better to say what appears anyways for this misunderstanding to don't happen again.

2) I'll fix that.

3) Actually, any notification will be enough to bring up the dir request dialog. I'll fix this also.

4) InstallOptions' example is also wrong on this (the example is copied from there). I'll remove the first push for it to make clear that the plug-in function has a return value.

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
New projects. (language: any)

Last edited by deguix; 16th August 2005 at 16:05.
deguix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2005, 16:58   #243
niteflyer

I don't see that NSIS or InstallOptions are having problems to set a default folder for SHBrowseForFolder (I did not take a look at the sourcecode). Even Delphi calls this function and it behaves like expected. I don't know how NSIS or InstallOptions are doing this, but Delphi seems to use SendMessage to select the folder [SendMessage(Wnd,BFFM_SETSELECTION,Longint(True),Longint(PChar(TBrowseFolderDlg(Data).FolderName))); in unit BrowseDlg]. Forgive me my insisting...
Old 16th August 2005, 17:26   #244
deguix
Major Dude

Oh, I forgot to see the browse callback function, probably there is a way to select it after all. Thanks for giving me the crucial hint (BFFM_SETSELECTION). And I think the problem only happens with IOEx, because this SendMessage was already in the code... I don't like when this happens.

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
Old 16th August 2005, 18:09   #245
goldy1064

I'm not sure if I found a bug or not, but whenever I try to set the label or link fields (at run-time) in Japanese, the Japanese text doesn't come out right. I have all my files (nsi,nsh,ini) in Shift-JIS. I commented in here but I wasn't sure if it also applied here.

Thanks.
goldy1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2005, 18:16   #246
deguix
Major Dude

Can you post a screenshot about the characters appear? IOEx supports only calls ANSI functions and it doesn't support Unicode.

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
Old 16th August 2005, 18:55   #247
goldy1064

Unfortunately I cannot post a screenshot because of work. The characters that do appear are Japanese, but they're not the ones that are suppose to be appearing.

The weird thing, I thought, was that when I do a SetFont on the labels and links between init and show, the Japanese appears correct, but only on English WinXP running in Japanese.

Here is an example of one field from the ini file and the corresponding code that sets it in the script.

code:

[Field 1]
Type=Link
Text=
Left=54
Right=188
Top=8
Bottom=22
Width=
Height=
Notify=ONCLICK
TxtColor=0x000000
BgColor=0xE9E8E5
NotifyCursor=HAND

code:

LangString localizedString ${LANG_ENGLISH} "english"
LangString localizedString ${LANG_JAPANESE} "japanese"
WriteINIStr "$PLUGINSDIR\install_menu.ini" "Field 1" "Text" "$(localizedString)"
Function MenuPre
Push $HWND
InstallOptionsEx::initDialog /NOUNLOAD $PLUGINSDIR\install_menu.ini
Pop $HWND ; HWND of window
GetDlgItem $R0 $HWND 1200
SendMessage $R0 ${WM_SETFONT} $MyFont 1
InstallOptionsEx::show
FunctionEnd

The font is being set correctly. The langstring for japanese actually has Japanese in it. And I've saved all of my script files, ini files, etc. as Shift-JIS encoding.

Thanks for the help.
Old 16th August 2005, 19:37   #248
deguix
Major Dude

Quote:
The weird thing, I thought, was that when I do a SetFont on the labels and links between init and show, the Japanese appears correct, but only on English WinXP running in Japanese.
Hmmm... this problem doesn't appear to be an IOEx issue. IOEx uses the exact font from the main window, which is from NSIS itself.

I might know what this problem really is though, SetFont sets the charset to the default ANSI charset. You should use System plug-in and call the "CreateFont" from the Windows API with the SHIFTJIS_CHARSET charset for the font to show correctly. There is a thread talking about this:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hlight=SetFont

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:

Last edited by deguix; 16th August 2005 at 20:03.
Old 16th August 2005, 21:50   #249
goldy1064

I had had the system plug-in and call to CreateFont (based from that thread) and didn't think about changing the charset. However, I was using the DEFAULT_CHARSET, which should have worked on a Japanese system, right? Anyways, I changed it to:
code:

!define DEFAULT_CHARSET 0x01
!define SHIFTJIS_CHARSET 0x80
${If} $LANGUAGE == ${LANG_JAPANESE}
StrCpy $CharSet ${SHIFTJIS_CHARSET}
${Else}
StrCpy $CharSet ${DEFAULT_CHARSET}
${EndIf}
System::Call "gdi32::CreateFont(i 0, i 0, i 0, i 0, i 0, \
i 0, i 0, i 0, i $CharSet, i ${OUT_DEFAULT_PRECIS}, \
i ${CLIP_DEFAULT_PRECIS}, i ${DEFAULT_QUALITY}, \
i ${DEFAULT_PITCH}, t 'Sans Serif') i .r0"

This doesn't work either. It will still change appropriately on my English WinXP system, but my Japanese WinXP system, still doesn't show correct Japanese.

Thanks.

EDIT:
Also, the title bar caption and the button I have don't change on the English WinXP (ever). Is this because of how Windows works?

Last edited by goldy1064; 16th August 2005 at 22:27.
Old 17th August 2005, 23:18   #250
goldy1064

Well, I just tested IO vs IOEx with only a custom page and one button. The results: IO displayed correct Japanese on Japanese machine and IOEx displayed the word "2Button" instead of Japanese text on Japanese machine.

If you need more information, just let me know.
Old 19th August 2005, 12:56   #251
deguix
Major Dude

Could you test your code with the older versions published here? This might give me enough of a hint to correct your problem. Report to me which versions of IOEx work in the Japanese computer correctly. It would be even better if you fixed IOEx from there and sent me a patch to include in the next version (which should be posted here).

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
Old 19th August 2005, 16:01   #252
Yathosho
Forum King

can you estimate, when the "\|" escape character will be implemented?
Yathosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2005, 16:17   #253
Fromcat

how can i display a dollar sign ($)? I looked at the code and it seems that $$ should do it, but it doesn't. am i missing something here?
Old 19th August 2005, 16:25   #254
fromcat

also, in void WINAPI ConvertVariables(char *str) {
p3 = getuservariable(myatoi(p1));
while(*p3) {

should check p3 before dereferencing. I can cause a crash by putting $R119 in a text label, causing p3 to be null.
Old 19th August 2005, 16:30   #255
fromcat

ok, so i've been diving into the code and it seems the problem is the $$ is being converted twice

ln 1680
// Label Text - convert newline
pField->pszText = myGetProfileStringDup("TEXT");

is called

which calls
myGetProfileString()

which calls
ConvertVariables()

then after that returns it calls ConvertVariables() again!
Old 19th August 2005, 16:32   #256
fromcat

also, quick workaround, to get a $
use $$$$
Old 19th August 2005, 17:33   #257
goldy1064

I didn't have time to look through all of the IOEx code to try and figure out where the fix should go because all I needed to expand off of IO was clickable bitmaps with a hand cursor for rollover, which was a quick fix.

I did check back all the way to the 3/05 release of IOEx and that still wouldn't correctly display Japanese text. I'll keep looking back till I find something that does it correctly.
Old 19th August 2005, 17:55   #258
Yathosho
Forum King

there's an edit button too
Old 19th August 2005, 18:31   #259
deguix
Major Dude

Quote:
ok, so i've been diving into the code and it seems the problem is the $$ is being converted twice
I fixed this region for the next version. It was really being called twice, and I fixed other small bugs also. But first, I need to finish the implementation of RichText control.

I still think there should be only one starting escape character, not "$", but "\", because putting "$$" is probably making the text for those who use "$$" complicated... and the "\\" is already considered a "\", so I could also make "\r9" to be considered equals to $R9 in NSIS. But this is just an opinion...

Quote:
I didn't have time to look through all of the IOEx code to try and figure out where the fix should go because all I needed to expand off of IO was clickable bitmaps with a hand cursor for rollover, which was a quick fix.
Did you try NotifyCursor?

The other things that I added (yes added) in the next version are:
- the combination of all image controls into just one control called "Image" (even "Animation" control got in, because it shows animation of images without sound).
- added new image types using OLE and others using GDI+.
- adjustment of the size of all buffers ("BufferSize" value name for "Settings" section), which made easier to discover fixes related to memory allocation/destruction (like the two ConvertVariables one).

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
Old 19th August 2005, 20:12   #260
goldy1064

Quote:
Did you try NotifyCursor?
Yes, but I HAD to have Japanese text working and IOEx wasn't supporting Japanese, which was why I had to revert back to IO and modify it to my needs. I'll try and figure out why (when I have time but I had a deadline...).
Old 20th August 2005, 05:51   #261
deguix
Major Dude

That's why it's said IOEx is a beta... until I'm satisfied with the features. That is, not really soon...
Quote:
should check p3 before dereferencing. I can cause a crash by putting $R119 in a text label, causing p3 to be null.
I fixed that by adding a new variable called p4. This does the job done by p1, except that it correctly holds the variable number used by getuservariable function. myatoi function gets the entire number value that appears first, and so as in your example, the variable $INSTDIR would be used (10+11 = 21 = INST_INSTDIR -> see defines in NSIS\Contrib\ExDLL\exdll.h).

EDIT: I still need to check the existance of the variable though. I don't know how NSIS works totally, but it appears that $INSTDIR is not initialized when nothing is assigned to it.

Thanks for the bug report.

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:

Last edited by deguix; 20th August 2005 at 06:12.
Old 23rd August 2005, 18:58   #262
niteflyer

2 bugs in notify system

1) A click on a DirRequester-Button generates two notifies after the selection of a folder with the BrowseDialog: the first event notifies me of a change in the associated textcomponent (that's ok), and the second one notifies me of a click on the NextButton, which I did not touch - this is not ok. Cancelling the BrowseDialog generates only one notify (for the browsebutton).

2) ONTEXTUPDATE does not generate a notify for a textcomponent. I have used ONTEXTCHANGE instead, which works for me, because STATE reflects the input after the keystroke - in contradiction to the documentation - so that it behaves like ONTEXTUPDATE should do.

See the attached Testpage...

By the way: I had some unreproducable exceptions, when going back to the custom page and opening the BrowseDialog for the 2nd or 3rd time.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ioex.zip (872 Bytes, 235 views)
Old 24th August 2005, 10:28   #263
deguix
Major Dude

1) This is not a bug. If you go to the next page, then the page has to be saved and it calls the callback function normally, like IO's default. I'll treat this as a feature request.

EDIT: I mean, a feature request for the implementation of notification flags for pages.

2) Fixed. The docs I still need to fix.

EDIT: Fixed. Note: The control always updates the text before sending the notification. The plugin doesn't handle aborting the new text operation at the moment when setting ONTEXTUPDATE.

3) I'm trying to verify if there are more buffer problems with the plug-in accumulated from older versions. Just see previous comments from other people here. With the addition of BufferSize for Settings section, this can be verified easily.

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:

Last edited by deguix; 24th August 2005 at 13:17.
Old 24th August 2005, 13:53   #264
deguix
Major Dude

1) Hmmm... interesting problem. I verified your example again and I concluded that IOEx supports only 1 notification flag activation at a time. Another bug report for mee. There are just so many...

Curiosity: I just saw the size of InstallOptions.cpp of the IOEx source, and I'm impressed of how much code has been added since lastest IO version:

IO's: 48.6 KB.
IOEx's: 220 KB.

! 171.4 KB of difference! It's about 5x bigger than IO's! . Hmmm... I wonder where I spent all that time to get that mountain of code...

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
Old 24th August 2005, 15:14   #265
niteflyer

Thank you for looking once more after it, because I did not understand answer. Regarding bug #1: the problem is, that I did not click the nextbutton! I have only selected a directory with the BrowseDialog but I want to stay on the current custompage, because in my project there will be more components on the same page. The solution would be an onclick-notify for "Field 2" (instead for field 0) regardless whether I've clicked 'OK' or 'Cancel' in the BrowseDialog. A notify for "Field 0" should only happen when I've clicked on the nextbutton...

For an example, I have modified ioex.nsi to enable the nextbutton only when all textcomponents have an even number of characters. Maybe you can see my problem now...
Attached Files
File Type: zip ioex.zip (1.5 KB, 252 views)
Old 24th August 2005, 15:48   #266
deguix
Major Dude

1) That's the "1 notification flag activation at a time" bug. As I said, I'll fix that later. No need for extra explainations.

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
Old 31st August 2005, 11:40   #267
fer2000

A bug report:

In InstallOptionsEx 2.4.2.b4, TxtAlign doesn't work if you don't set TxtColor to some value.
For example:

[Field 1]
Type=Label
Text=Hello
Left=0
Right=130
Top=80
Bottom=88
TxtAlign=RIGHT
TxtColor=0x0

This works and the text is right aligned, but without the line TxtColor=0x0 the text is left aligned.

Regards
Old 31st August 2005, 22:16   #268
deguix
Major Dude

I'll verify when I get time to do it. I'm back to school, so it's harder to use the computers at home, principally because most of the time to develop IOEx is at the morning, and school takes part of that + a part of the afternoon, and the other person uses the computer for the rest of the day and night (until 4 o'clock in the morning). I'm sure he has a lot to do by the amount of time I give.

I guess the problem happens because the plug-in doesn't set the flags on the control directly. It just aligns the text when it's customly drawn, making it not to work on non-custom drawn labels. It's seems easy to fix with a code change for me.

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
Old 2nd September 2005, 15:01   #269
deguix
Major Dude

I have fixed this in the next version. Thank you for the bug report.

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
Old 2nd September 2005, 15:37   #270
Yathosho
Forum King

@deguix: asked this before, but i guess it was looked over after those many replies by fromcat. can you estimate when the "\|" escape character will be implemented? just so i can plan ahead.
Old 2nd September 2005, 16:14   #271
deguix
Major Dude

Oh, sorry for not answering that before. I plan to add it to the next version, but I'm unsure of the quality of the implementation. The next version will be launched within this month (that's what I say instead of saying next 2 weeks). The new features are costing some annoying bugs in the code, which need to be fixed before release. The readme was not even touched, with the exception of the change log. So you see how I'm going...

Do you have any time limits for this? I could make sure that I do things as fast as I can if you want me to.

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
Old 2nd September 2005, 20:50   #272
Yathosho
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by deguix
Do you have any time limits for this? I could make sure that I do things as fast as I can if you want me to.
thanks, but that's not necessary. just had to decide if i should release another beta or the final version (which would require that feature). knowing that i got some more time, i will just release another beta of my software.
Old 2nd September 2005, 23:31   #273
fer2000

I found another bug:

In InstallOptionsEx 2.4.2.b4, if you use an IPAddress control with Flags=DISABLED, the control is not editable, ok, but it doesn't appear grayed out.

Thanks, regards
Old 5th September 2005, 10:36   #274
deguix
Major Dude

I don't know why the OS doesn't gray it out, but I can't do this right now. If there was an example on the web that shows how to implement this, then I would probably find a way to include it in the plug-in. I probably don't have enough knowledge to judge how to implement that.

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
Old 10th September 2005, 05:38   #275
deguix
Major Dude

The "\|" (and "\{", "\}") feature was added. Any more small features/bug fixes/patches to include into the next version?

I'm already thinking: "What am I going to do for 2.4.2 beta 6 right now?". Plenty of code revamp I would say. The code is getting messier and messier, and so huge... I need to split everything up for clarity. Maybe using a .cpp file for every control? This would make implementations for new controls easier.

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
Old 26th September 2005, 06:52   #276
deguix
Major Dude

Maybe this time the release will be even slower than what I expected. I simply hated my previous implementation, but now it's a lot easier to split items of arrays.

Yathosho, don't worry about IOEx due dates for releases. I always miscalculate due dates and this is how I'm. It's never ready in time... but always has something of better quality than expected in it...

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
Old 30th September 2005, 13:44   #277
NeoAlus

Send a message via AIM to NeoAlus
I think my last post was swallowed. If not, I apologize for the duplicate.

There was a bug in this function, where in the case of ListItems with variables after ConvertVariables() was called, the old string length nSize was returned. This lead to crashes and string truncation.

DWORD WINAPI myGetProfileString(LPCTSTR lpKeyName)
{
*szResult = '\0';
int nSize = GetPrivateProfileString(pszAppName, lpKeyName, "", szResult, BUFFER_SIZE, pszFilename);
if (nSize > 0)
{
ConvertVariables(szResult);
nSize = lstrlen(szResult);
}
return nSize;
}

Also, closing a DIRREQUEST dialog in any way - 'x', 'cancel or 'ok' - seems to send a State=0 and Notify=ONNEXT to the main validation function, but not all the time - only if it's one of the first things you do on the page.

Lastly, the default MUI/NSIS directory page shows disk usage requirements and free space. Is there access to those variables from inside IOex or NSIS?
NeoAlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2005, 22:33   #278
deguix
Major Dude

I made several changes now to ListItems, the buffer allocation... I need to review my changes, but from what I did up to now, all those bugs you said are fixed for the next version.

Now, about the question, there are no NSIS variables for retrieving that information. You have to get them on your on using NSIS. Now NSIS questions shouldn't be in this thread.

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
Old 6th October 2005, 05:27   #279
NeoAlus

Send a message via AIM to NeoAlus
I hate to ask you for a release when you're not ready, I hate when people ask me for that too.
So, can you give me a hint on the DIRREQUEST closing bug? I'm trying to push out a new installer on Friday and it's the only piece looming over my head.
NeoAlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2005, 11:46   #280
deguix
Major Dude

Ok, I'll release it tomorrow morning with untested parts of the plug-in.

My Wiki Pages

Working now on:
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > NSIS Discussion