Old 25th January 2009, 22:02   #601
osmosis
Major Dude

The safety limit is part of the script in question (just a counter inside the track choosing loop) and somehow the track choosing part of the script doesn't work with 5.55. The fact that it's hitting the limit means that none of the tracks it comes across are meeting its criteria to be added to the playlist which most likely means that it's a problem with the way ActiveWinamp grabs the ratings from the ML (ie. it can't). That's just a wild guess though, I haven't looked into it yet.

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2009, 22:08   #602
DrO

k, if you can look into it a bit more and reply back then that'd be appreciated since i'm not sure at the moment what might have caused a change but knowing what is broken on the script side may help to track things back through.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2009, 21:06   #603
osmosis
Major Dude

Well I haven't had time to get into mucking around with the scripts yet but I get a nasty error every time I close Winamp. It started with 5.55 beta 1 and still happens with beta 2 and only occurs when gen_activewa.dll is in place. Winamp settings still save on close as per usual, just the error every time. Perhaps related?

Error as follows, always the same:

Old 1st February 2009, 00:36   #604
vect

Just tried 5.55 Build 2353 with my shuffle script.
All the tracks return the same DbIndex(http://www.myplugins.info/activewina...tem_properties) of 0 - the script uses this to identify the track so it goes "hey I've played that track before" when it hasn't.

A temporary but not ideal fix would be to disable the track-repeatition checking by removing "and (not arraycontains(songHistory, tracks(randsong).DBindex))".
vect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 13:27   #605
DrO

i'm going to try and see if i can track down the issue (on the winamp side) over the next few days and i'm hoping vect's info gives me a bit more to work against.

as for the crash on close, i'm not 100% on what would/could cause that as i'm not aware of any on-exit changes other than the removing of the need of plugins on 5.5x+ to not have to unsubclass since they're kept loaded after the main winamp window is destroyed.

also whilst i remember, what version of the plugin are you using? just to make sure i test against the correct one (i remember the source was made available but from a quick look in cvs, i'm not 100% sure if what is there is the same as what was provided as the last compiled version of the plugin).

-daz
Old 2nd February 2009, 17:06   #606
osmosis
Major Dude

I'm using the latest CVS version. Thanks for all the effort Daz.

Old 5th February 2009, 06:56   #607
osmosis
Major Dude

Here's a proper crasher report from my end. Thanks again Daz.
Attached Files
File Type: zip report.zip (24.0 KB, 286 views)
Old 5th February 2009, 13:55   #608
DrO

i've done some brief testing and it's not been crashing for me on close though i can repro the limiter issue (so that's something). i did get a crash when trying to run a script without the plugin having been registered first so need to track that down as well.

one thing that concerns me is the version i've built is a lot smaller than the one i took from cvs (when built against the cvs code) but the few scripts i tried seem to working ok so i dunno what that is all about, heh.

i'll pm you a test build to try out shortly (~ a day or so) so we can start testing things out a bit more once i've had a proper look at things (especially the close handling)

-daz
Old 12th February 2009, 19:37   #609
osmosis
Major Dude

Hmm.. weird that the crash on close doesn't occur for you with the CVS dll. I look forward to trying your test build.

Old 27th February 2009, 16:43   #610
schulze

hi there!

just wanted to let you know that i get the same error like osmosis (only difference is the offset: mine is 0x01315255 and yes, i registered the dll after updating to 5.55).

I'm using the "latest" cvs version and a quite stripped down winamp (classic skin, no enconding/video stuff, everything removed that's not necessary for me).

only non-official plugins are: in_mpc.dll and gen_classicart.dll (beside activewinamp of course :P)

if i move these out of the plugin-folder, the error still exists but offset changes to 0x012b5255

maybe this helps to fix the problem.

anyway...5.55 is great! best thing is the new playcount-stuff!

Quote:
Originally posted by osmosis
Well I haven't had time to get into mucking around with the scripts yet but I get a nasty error every time I close Winamp. It started with 5.55 beta 1 and still happens with beta 2 and only occurs when gen_activewa.dll is in place. Winamp settings still save on close as per usual, just the error every time. Perhaps related?

Error as follows, always the same:
[Image]
schulze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 16:50   #611
Flo_La

DrO, osmosis, any news from your testing?
I have a question about your build from the cvs: Do you use the new (5.32) version of the plugin development kit or the older one? I am not sure, maybe building with the new kit requires substantial changes in the source. I would like to know if there is any chance that someone here will maintain - and I really only mean "maintain" - the ActiveWinamp plugin. As far as I have read, it should be possible for ActiveWinamp to also support files and media items with unicode characters, if it were possible to build the plugin with the new development kit. Is that information right anyways?

I just think that AW is such a great plugin and it would be incredibly sad if it died. So if someone could maintain the package, it would be beneficial for many people using the plugin. At this point I should probably also mention that I have been developing a client for last.fm that is based on AW (available at http://awaas.sourceforge.com ). Currently there are more than 30 downloads per day and in some parts of the program I am limited by 2-3 bugs in ActiveWinamp. Naturally, I'd be more than willing to help fix these! Unfortunately my experience with building Winamp plugins is practically nonexistent. However, if someone could take over the building and maintenance of the project, together we could probably fix lots of stuff and ensure that AW will stay "operational".

Let's hope we can revive ActiveWinamp! (and of course fix the issues with 5.55 betas along the way)

Florian
Flo_La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2009, 17:10   #612
osmosis
Major Dude

Great to see more people interested in this plugin's continued development/maintenance. Here's the latest:
Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
the code for it is stuck on my dev machine that i've got to re-build still so will send you something when that's back up (have to get it rebuilt sooner as it's hindering me in a few areas now though the coding break has been nice, heh)

-daz

Old 13th March 2009, 00:42   #613
StevenE

VBscript basic commands.

I tried hunting everywhere but seem to be missing basic documentation for the active Winamp plugin.

My goal is to control 2 instances of Winamp through vbscript.

Can someone point me to a sample script or documention for basic controls like play,stop,pause,next,previous maybe even remove a song from the playlist for the plugin using vbscript ?

Unless I am barking up the wrong tree.

Thanks
StevenE
StevenE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 21:20   #614
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by Flo_La
any news from your testing?
have finally gotten the time to look into things and alas i'm not too sure what can be done since the party script was making a lot of use of .DBindex but going on the code i've in front off me the accessing of the extended info item 'DBIDX' (which DBindex gets) was dropped - i think it was done in some of the database improvements made for 5.55 but i can't verify that is the exact reason at the moment. that's the only thing i can find that would correspond with the 'fail' happening between the 5.55x and previous installs.

so somehow, someone is going to need to adjust the script to not require the use of .DBindex or i'll try and see if i can replicate what was being done (but i first need to make sure the files that will allow that are public/can be made available if not already).

as a work around i found changing and (not arraycontains(songHistory, tracks(randsong).DBindex)) and keep)_ to and keep)_ at least seems to keep things functioning ok though obviously that's not an ideal situation if you're trying to prevent recent playback of an already played track.

-daz
Old 22nd April 2009, 19:18   #615
mrtech

Any progress on the closer crasher?
mrtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 07:55   #616
DrO

nope as i've never been able to produce a crash on close with either the temp build i did or with any off the official builds.

-daz
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:01   #617
mrtech

Any chance you can share you build, would love to test it thanks.
mrtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 16:14   #618
MarquisEXB

Quote:
Originally posted by Mitch72
Yeah I know, that's what i've been doing. I'd just prefer to use autohotkey- specifically becuase I want to use more than one hotkey (i.e. Ctrl+Shift+W+L, with the two letters). Winamp won't let me do this, and I'd prefer to have 'em all in the same place. I know I'm overcomplicating things here, just something I was thinking about. Thanks for the suggestion though .
I'd be interested in this as well. It'd be nice to be able to call these scripts from outside of Winamp. Right now I have half of my scripts in Winamp Hotkeys and the other half in AHK.

If anyone figures out how to do this...
MarquisEXB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 16:19   #619
MarquisEXB

Does anyone know how to use RunScript? It seems to work if I use the full path to the file "C:\Documents and Settings\X\Application Data\Winamp\Plugins\Scripts\playlist_z_Ratings_0_to_2.vbs", but if I just use the filename "playlist_z_Ratings_0_to_2.vbs" it doesn't.

Also anyone know how to use any of these in a AW script?

ScriptName = Wscript.ScriptFullName
ScriptPath = WScript.Path

Works fine in regular vbs, but not in ActiveWinamp.
MarquisEXB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 14:07   #620
bwechner

Changing tags and writing them to file ...

I use ActiveWinamp successfully to edit the tags on a track, like title, album, artist etc. The changes however appear only to e made to the winamp database not written to the MP3 file itself.

In Winamp when I edit tags (press CTRL+E with a track selected in the media library) there is a checkbox labelled "Update file tag(s) if supported". This is perennially checked on my winamp. It remembers it and I like it checked. I want my file metadata kept up to date.

Is there a way with Active Winamp to cause the same effect, for the tags to be written to file, not just the media library?
bwechner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 06:45   #621
osmosis
Major Dude

very very busted in Windows 7.

Old 12th January 2010, 14:37   #622
smk-ka

Solved

I've disassembled the code and tracked the crash on close issue down to a missing CoInitialize() call in the CScriptManager destructor (CoCreateInstance() returned a - surprisingly - helpful error code). Recompiled with the attached patch applied and everything seems to work again.

-Stefan

Last edited by smk-ka; 12th January 2010 at 17:15.
smk-ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 14:42   #623
smk-ka

Binary

The recompiled plugin.

-Stefan
Old 12th January 2010, 16:36   #624
osmosis
Major Dude

Thanks for the hard work smk-ka! What OS are you running? The DLL is still unregisterable in Windows 7. Any way you know to fix that?

Old 12th January 2010, 17:34   #625
smk-ka

Sorry, I should have clearly stated which issue has been fixed: it's the crash on closing bug. I'm running XP. What do you exactly mean with "unregisterable"?
Old 12th January 2010, 19:25   #626
osmosis
Major Dude

gen_activewa.dll needs to be registered with Windows via the regsrv32 command in order to run. Windows 7 doesn't appear to allow this to happen.

Old 12th January 2010, 20:28   #627
smk-ka

Did you try to elevate to Administrator privileges, as this page suggests? Otherwise the registry settings seem not to persist.
Old 14th January 2010, 21:38   #628
osmosis
Major Dude

Aha! Stupid of me to not think of it! Brilliant. You've done an amazing thing shaking some of the dust off of this plugin. So many thanks for that!

I'm also happy to report Winamp Party Shuffle now works again using vect's tweak (with the exception of song history due to DBIndex still being broken as mentioned by DrO here)

DrO: Is there any unique way to identify a song from the ML now (since that's what DBIndex was really) or have you looked into making DBIndex available again somehow like you mentioned?

Old 24th January 2010, 17:41   #629
fixin

Send a message via ICQ to fixin
so, i din't find answer, topic is very long - is the scripting works in Winamp, and what it can do. Does it can work with medialybrary?
fixin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 17:54   #630
osmosis
Major Dude

Scripting works. It can interact with the media library. For some ideas on what it can do, see the contributed examples on shaneh's page:

http://www.myplugins********activewi.../examples:root

edit: censored for some reason... it's myplugins . info /

Last edited by osmosis; 24th January 2010 at 19:56.
Old 24th January 2010, 19:04   #631
osmosis
Major Dude

Winamp Party Shuffle 3.3

• Fixed song history for Winamp 5.55+ (changed from ML DBIndex- to filename-based).
  • Removed now-redundant ML change checking code.
  • Minor cosmetic changes.
Should have thought of this before now but without DBIndex being available, it doesn't get much more unique than filenames. Long story short, song history should work again and all is right in the world.

The AW wiki has been broken for a while, locking all the wiki docs from changes so the new version is attached below.

Cheers!

Rename attachment from *.txt to playlist_Party Shuffle.vbs and place in the AW Scripts directory.

Last edited by osmosis; 24th January 2010 at 19:59.
Old 25th January 2010, 07:47   #632
DrO

Re: Winamp Party Shuffle 3.3

Quote:
Should have thought of this before now but without DBIndex being available, it doesn't get much more unique than filenames.
you're not the only one as i'd been struggling to get a hold of the original code which implemented the dbindex code. good to see things are working ok again for you.

-daz
Old 25th January 2010, 15:13   #633
osmosis
Major Dude

Thanks for digging around for me. Filenames seem to be a viable alternative thus far, and without the problems related to the ML DB changing. Only thing that could be an issue is some odd character in a filename screwing up the history list. Haven't tested very extensively on that front, just the basics like commas, etc. Unicode characters like arabic seem to make it revert to short filenames so that should be fine too.

Hopefully now that we have a working .dll and a work-around for DBIndex, things stay working for a while.

Old 25th January 2010, 15:39   #634
DrO

Quote:
make it revert to short file names so that should be fine too
aye, that should be safe as the short file name is meant to be unique and if you're using the complete file path then there shouldn't be a collision with things so i can't see much chance of an issue arising from it.

only issue i can see now with the plug-in is that it's not 5.34+ compatible in that it'll cause the taskbar to show ??? for unicode media -> details here though would probably need modified source from smk-ka so an overall update patch can be issued against the last lot of code available for the plug-in and i guess correctly version a newer dll (as i'm doubting we'll see a direct shaneh update).

-daz
Old 26th January 2010, 02:17   #635
gonemad

Re: Binary

Quote:
Originally posted by smk-ka
The recompiled plugin.

-Stefan
awesome dude.. that crash on exit has bothered me for like a year. thanks!
gonemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2010, 06:46   #636
jimmid

Script for playlist pause / stop

Is there a script that lets you rightclick on a file in the playlist and set a pause or stop playing point, something like the "stop after current", but can be set on any future song. I have looked for a plugin that does it but can't find one, so wonderd if there was a script under AW that would do it?
jimmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 10:21   #637
schulze

Re: Binary

Quote:
Originally posted by smk-ka
The recompiled plugin.

-Stefan

thx a lot stefan!
i thought this wouldn't be fixed anymore.
now my winamp is complete again.

schulze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 14:39   #638
smk-ka

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
though would probably need modified source from smk-ka so an overall update patch can be issued against the last lot of code available for the plug-in
Hm, you actually only need to check out the source code from CVS (http://sourceforge.net/projects/activewinamp/develop) and apply my patch from above (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?postid=2616942#post2616942, which is a one-liner). Or is there anything else you need?
Old 22nd February 2010, 11:47   #639
DrO

as i've none of the stuff installed for sorting out cvs/patches i'd hoped it'd be easier for you to make the required change on the SetWindowLong part (as detailed in the post) especially as your compile seems to work ok for everyone else. if not i'll have to find the time to install things to do it (had hoped for the easier option of someone else doing the work for a change, heh).

-daz
Old 3rd March 2010, 21:23   #640
ryerman
Major Dude

Script Executes Twice

When I select items in the Media Library and select a script
from the "Send To" menu, it executes twice, concurrently.

Any thoughts on how to prevent this and/or why it happens?

The same script runs normally (once) from the "Scripts" menu
available in the Playlist Editor and also if I right click the track
in the Winamp now playing area and select the script from that "Send To" menu.

This trivial vbs script illustrates the problem on my machine:
x = GetSendToItems
for each track in x
msgbox track.filename
next
quit

Two message boxes appear, one on top of the other, for each selected item.
This script is unimportant but the structure it uses is common in other
useful scripts. They also execute twice.

What really puzzles me is that 2 executions occur from the Media Library "Send To" menu,
but only one occurs from the now playing "Send To" menu.
Maybe it has something to do with the GetSendToItems function or the send_to structure.
I'm not a programmer/developer so I can't investigate code.

I welcome any comments, solutions or insights.
I'm using Windows Vista SP2, Winamp 5.572 with Bento Skin, gen_activewa.dll as provided by smk-ka (in this thread)
ryerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development