Old 22nd February 2011, 08:53   #1
laurionna

Unable to use mic

As I have downloaded the new winamp and also the plug in for voice streaming the mic will not work. Per instructions to set up the mic there is no option other than winamp and and line (legacy mode) only. No options to set up your mic. YOu can either play music with no mic or have mic and no music.

8 of us have downloaded winamp and followed instructions adding the plugin : SHOUTcast DSP Plug-In for Winamp

any help would be greatly appreciated.

also the operating systems on all of us are different
laurionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 09:18   #2
DrO

if you're using different OSes then things are going to vary as Win2k/XP is handled different from Vista/Win7 (where support of that feature is somewhat limited due to changes in the OS api's which still need to be resolved).

from what you've posted, it sounds like you're using XP which should provide a line-in and mic in the drop down list unless there's nothing reported by the OS to the plug-in which will then limit what is shown in the list.

i know from testing that on XP the ability to play Winamp and have a mic active over the top of it will work as long as the soundcard driver and OS are working nicely together.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2011, 01:19   #3
laurionna

So what is the fix

As the mic works with everything but winamp. What is the fix to make it work? Also 8 others having the same problem and although i have XP they have vista, 7 and all do not work.

is there a fix or a file to use to make this work
laurionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2011, 10:06   #4
DrO

how is the mic connected to the machine i.e. is it on a secondary sound device? if it is on a different device then that probably explains why it 's not working correctly on XP (as i've only tested things on the DSP on a single soundcard).

-daz
Old 2nd March 2011, 04:06   #5
Keith_EE

I just posted in another section related to this but for disconnects. I just updated versions of the player and the dsp plugin.

I have a mic plugged into an external Alesis mixer, and this is connected to the "Line In" on my computer. My soundcard (on the motherboard) works great for all of my other applications like Skype, Steinberg Cubase, Audacity, and a SIP VOIP program.

They way it works now for me is if I select the winamp recommended output mode, my mic does not work. Only the player works to play music.

When I select Line In from that same drop down menu, my mic works all the time. It doesn't matter if I use the push-to-talk button or not. My mic is on 100% of the time. And those volume sliders don't work. And neither does the player, to play mp3's. So it's either all voice or all music.

Windows XP SP3, dual core 32 bit
Winamp Media Player 5.6
DSP 2.1.3
MP3 encoding
128K, 44100K

I don't know if this is related with it but perhaps alot of servers need to update?
I get "Cipher response received" unless I connect in legacy mode.
Keith_EE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2011, 10:17   #6
DrO

if you're feeding things in on the line-in then the DSP will be providing that as you're seeing then again it's possible the main soundcard is playing what is being heard as well.

basically the Source DSP's support is only basic so will only work with what is on the default / first audio device in the system on XP. maybe this will change though the more issues reported make me more tempted to remove the support (but that'd probably get more complaints *shrugs* ). i've recently found something to allow me to test against multiple devices but haven't had a chance to look into it on XP.

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support