Old 1st November 2010, 01:29   #1
roaddaw9

Winamp Album Art not Showing

First time poster, hopefully this is a great group that can help. Switching from iTunes back to Winamp, forgot how much I loved this app. Well anyways the problem I am having is with embedded art. If I look at the mp3 files via mp3tag, they show with no problems and show the proper embedded album art. When I use the mp3 files in Winamp, some show and some don't. I am confused why all of the Album art isn't showing up. Just note too that I am sure I looked at the same file in both apps.

Help would be appreciated, running the latest version of Winamp. Thanks!!!
roaddaw9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 04:32   #2
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
first, afaik, itunes saves its art in a DB, and itunes is crap, so nuff said about itunes.

second, mp3tag is a great app, but be sure you have it set to NOT show you art in the folder, b/c even if the art is a hidden file, it will show it if its there if it is set to show folder art.

third, what kind of files (mp3 only?), and what kind of tags are you using? best to strip extra tags with mp3tag, but be careful not to strip the tag IF that art is actually in the tag, at least before you save a copy to the folder.

i never embed the art, i put one art file, per album, per folder. this always works. Folder.jpg

winamp shows embedded art if it is there prior to folder stored art, and it will allow you to delete embedded art (and folder art), but it will not allow you to embed the art in a file.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support