Old 26th November 2003, 12:39   #1
mp3jrick

Send a message via Yahoo to mp3jrick
Visuals only

Trying to figure out how to put up visuals to project on a screen while playing audio through another program.
New to winamp programs and need some help with versions and plug ins that will achieve this without conflict issues.
Please help a newbie.....
Rick
mp3jrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2003, 13:22   #2
Rovastar

Send a message via AIM to Rovastar
What are you doing some sort of Karaoke setup?

What other software are you using?

"Rules are for the guidance of wisemen and the obedience of fools"

Visuals - Morphyre www.Morphyre.com
Rovastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2003, 13:29   #3
mp3jrick

I am using 2.8 with Sax-n-dotty. I am using PCDJ Red, FX, virtual DJ and others, primarily Red. I do DVD video and mix my shows between audio and video. I am looking to supliment the audio with visuals on the screen much like I do with the ambients I have already. I have loaded 3.0 and can't seem to make the connecton between milkdrop data and the AVS/video sections. I am not sure about where the connection/interaction happens in the program. That is why I am asking for help here.
Thanks for the help,
Rick
Old 26th November 2003, 13:38   #4
Rovastar

"can't seem to make the connecton between milkdrop data and the AVS/video sections."

I a still lost are you tryng to run AVS and MilkDrop together?

Old 26th November 2003, 13:47   #5
mp3jrick

I am totally lost on this.
I am figuring that the base program is winamp and the visuals come from both within winamp and the plug in visuals of milkdrop displayed through winamp. Do I have that right?
Feel free to e-mail me.
Thanks,
Rick
Old 26th November 2003, 14:15   #6
Rovastar

The media player is Winamp. There are a variety of plugins that display different visualzations MilKDrop is one of these and AVS is another example.

The plugins are integrated as a part of winamp as in you cannot use them sperately nor use them together. Some different visualization programs allow you to have sound from any source.

Are you running everything from one box???

Do you have a video mixer (Edirol V4, Panasonic MX series, etc) for all this one to to mix your normal video stuff into the additional visualizations?

Old 26th November 2003, 14:32   #7
mp3jrick

I have two set ups. I have a totally digital audio system, and a dvd based video system that employs 2 toshiba dvd players a tripple monitor system a rane mp2 audio mixer and a edirol v-4 video mixer. Typically what I do is run the ambient disc in my computer and remote screen it to the edirol on channel 3. This allows me to mix with the ambients. I could use this same principle with my audio side but I want more visuals than are available with what I have on the disc. I am not looking for syncronized links to the music, just visuals to acompany the playback. I discovered the visuals of winamp and thought somehow I could utilize them in the show somehow, they are numberous and really awesome.
Is that possible, what are your ideas?
Rick
Old 7th December 2003, 16:36   #8
papaw00dy

Send a message via ICQ to papaw00dy Send a message via AIM to papaw00dy Send a message via Yahoo to papaw00dy
Sounds like what you want is to run winamp with visuals that go with the line input (external sound) instead of music being played in winamp. To do this you add "linein://" as a url to the winamp playlist and setup you're sound cards recording properties to get the sound from the linein input. If it's working you should see visualization of the sound in winamp. I guess it should be a wire coming from an extra output of your audio mixer, so that it will get the sound from whenever it's coming from if it's what is being heard.

There is actually more info about how to do this in the Milkdrop documentation.
papaw00dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2004, 18:54   #9
toq3r

old topic but since I help run a computer karaoke show...

Milkdrop is not what you're looking for.. AVS is what you want to use. Fire up AVS, then go to the AVS editor and look for display preferences.

Check off "Overlay Mode" Click on "Overlay color" I know DKK karaoke uses an overlay color of 64-64-96. Rest of them you'll have to find out for yourself.

And sax sucks sweaty salty balls. After trying his software, and realizing he wasn't kicking anything back to the CDG plugin author I got so pissed I wrote my own karaoke zip player. (well he also told me he doubted anyone working for $40@night at a karaoke bar would know how to write one) Fuck that guy. You can find it if you search the forums.
toq3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2004, 22:49   #10
Rellik
Major Dude

ok, what you need to do is look here:

TSGH > CD & Linein Visualizations

but instead of choosing the CD or line-in as your source in the recording mixer, you will want to choose wave/mp3 or if you can, choose the main-mix (SB Live! calls it "What-u-hear")

but this won't work if you can't choose the wave as a recording monitor
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2004, 15:47   #11
mp3jrick

I am using a Wavetermina192.Has anyone set one of these up with Winamp before?
It has 3 output, optical, mic and line in and should be capable of internal sound sourcing.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop