Old 23rd May 2004, 22:06   #41
pinkpanther

Sorry...I'm just so excited to know milkdrop is finally being ported. I've been checking this forum like crazy -- waiting for any scrap of news. sorry to jump the gun.
Cheers.
pinkpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2004, 06:29   #42
psperl

pinkpanther,

Users like you are why projectM exists, so in that sense , don't worry about being overenthusiastic.

We're still waiting for Alistair to return the ported code to us. He is a busy man and has lots of "real", or should i say paying work to do. As soon as we have the code, we'll be busting our arses to bring it to you.

-Pete Sperl
psperl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2004, 18:01   #43
pinkpanther

Thanks for the update Pete -- and a BIG thanks from the mac community for all the hardwork put into projectM.
Old 8th June 2004, 13:33   #44
phunkyguy

Send a message via AIM to phunkyguy
excellent work guys, i'm excited for the windows port. would love to see it pulled in as a plugin for other VJ/Visuals softs. Milkdrop's always been a favorite. Thanks in advance for all your hard work, gang.
phunkyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2004, 23:17   #45
pinkpanther

Hey Pete, you got any updates? You guys ever get your hands on the ported code?
Old 15th June 2004, 05:57   #46
psperl

nope, no code yet. The gusy is rally busy apparently, but then so am I. Anyways, it'll be out eventually.
Old 19th June 2004, 22:48   #47
pinkpanther

this news makes me sad. :-(
Old 1st July 2004, 19:29   #48
pinkpanther

Any new updates pete?
Old 2nd July 2004, 12:50   #49
mark
Forum King

you should make a script to post that weekly
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2004, 13:18   #50
Rovastar

Send a message via AIM to Rovastar
......in their forums.

"Rules are for the guidance of wisemen and the obedience of fools"

Visuals - Morphyre www.Morphyre.com
Rovastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2004, 20:03   #51
pinkpanther

must....have....milkdrop.
Old 14th July 2004, 16:48   #52
Phat
Major Dude

Okay, just wondering here.

Would it be posable for you to update milkdrop to use pixal shaders? (I really don't know how you would do that or if you can, but it would take what you can do with milkdrop 100x what it is now!)

Cuz really and truely I think me and Eo.S might even buy a new box if you can. (if you do it and still get decent frame rates.) [or the holy grail, milkdrop update, with pixal shaders, in windows....]

Also, if you get around to it, alot of the post proccesing affects (brighten and darken mostly) kill frame rate WAY more then they should.

Also. I've been thinking about vidio echo. I think Geiss might not be doing that the best way posable. Alot of presets frame rate drops by half when you add a vidio echo of .5. Suggesting that he might have been doing the calulations twice, once for eather side of the screen. I don't know if you can get around that, but maybe you can.

Just some stuff I've noticed as a preset author that might help you out. I'm not all that great of a coder so take what I say with a grain of salt.
Phat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2004, 14:40   #53
psperl

First off, projectM for windows was released an hour ago. Its for winamp, source will follow pretty soon.

Pixel Shaders

Well, we certainly could implement pixel shaders in projectM. The problem is that there are no truly cross-platform methods yet. Suppossedly GLSL might be a contender, but Cg isn't.

Also, I now have a full time job. Its a good job, but I preferred living in my fraternity and programming projectM while drunk, something I don't seem to be able to do anymore projectM development isn't over, but right now i'm getting settled in/

Brighten & Darken

Brighten is a square root filter. Darken is a square filter. You can do the square filter with OpenGL or DirectX blending techniques that essentially mean you have to draw the screen twice, once top of itself, to blend them together properly, and this would cause the slowdown you experience.

Video Echo

Same thing as brighten/darken, you have to draw the whole screen as a transparent image over itself to create the echo, so the video card has to push twice as many pixels. If your vid card is near its pixel limit, you will see a big slowdown.
Old 14th August 2004, 11:10   #54
Phat
Major Dude

you rock

(I forgot about the whole driver/linex/pixal shader thing..)
Phat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2004, 01:16   #55
psperl

The Mac OS X port or projectM is out. It's not a plugin for iTunes yet, just a standalone app that runs using random input. If people report it's stable, we'll release it for iTunes as soon as we get it hooked up properly.
Old 19th August 2004, 01:17   #56
pinkpanther

it runs at around 25 frames on my dual 1.8 with a radeon 9800 128, though it doesnt look much anything like what screen shots ive seen... where can i send a screen shot?
Old 21st August 2004, 03:15   #57
psperl

You can send me screenshots at the email address listed at the project home page. http://xmms-projectm.sourceforge.net.
Thanks.
Old 27th September 2004, 19:57   #58
pinkpanther

Any projectm updates?

Just wondering if there has been any progress getting projectM to run on radeon enabled macs.
Old 28th September 2004, 10:52   #59
Rovastar

Send a message via AIM to Rovastar
pinkpanther they do they there own forums you know. questions should really be asked there.

"Rules are for the guidance of wisemen and the obedience of fools"

Visuals - Morphyre www.Morphyre.com
Rovastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop