Old 12th April 2011, 10:05   #1
dj mickey burns

delete duplicate entries deletes others too

anyone know the fix
dj mickey burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2011, 12:50   #2
DrO

what version of Winamp are you using and is this via the option in the main playlist editor?

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2011, 12:52   #3
djfonplaz

Uhm... I forgot this feature. I have the 5.57 version.. I'd like to know if in the new version is possible remove duplicates on the media library... is it? For the moment I can do this only in the playlist editor...
djfonplaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2011, 12:58   #4
DrO

djfonplaz: it only works in the main playlist editor as that is all that is possible with the apis i knew about when i first implemented the feature and haven't had the time / interest to look into trying to add it in somehow to the media library playlist views. is on my wishlist for the jtfe plug-in which implements the main playlist editor feature though there's no guarantee it'll ever get implemented.

as for staying on 5.57, i guess you've reasons for it.

-daz
Old 12th April 2011, 13:02   #5
djfonplaz

Uhmm...ok! It make more sense (imo) on media library (where I have my saved playlist). In fact every time you load another playlist, the current infos about Playlist editor will vanish
Old 12th April 2011, 13:07   #6
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfonplaz View Post
In fact every time you load another playlist, the current infos about Playlist editor will vanish
either i'm just not reading things correctly or that sentence doesn't make too much sense to me.

as for the other part of your post, if i heavily used the media library then i'd probably have looked into finding a way earlier on to add support there but as i don't use the media library other than when testing things it's been low on the list of things to try to implement.

-daz
Old 12th April 2011, 13:16   #7
djfonplaz

I mean : I use the playlists from Media Library (and sometimes I export them as backup).
So, I load these playlists (into the playlist editor) by clicking the playlists on Media Library.

When a playlist is loaded, if I remove duplicates from playlist editor and than I reload the playlist from Media Library, I lost all previous edits!

That's why it make more sense delete duplicates directly from playlists on Media Library Is it more clear now?
Old 12th April 2011, 13:23   #8
DrO

that makes sense now, alas that's a whole different design quirk in that there's no traceability of a playlist once it has been loaded into the main playlist editor.

-daz
Old 12th April 2011, 13:28   #9
djfonplaz

Yeah, you are right... but if I could do this operation on the playlists from Media Library, I'll load in the future the playlists updated I don't think will be an hard option to add (in fact there is already an option such as "Remove dead files" on media library)...but maybe Im wrong
Old 12th April 2011, 13:36   #10
DrO

remove dead files works on the library database, media library playlists are done by a separate plug-in on generally hidden copies of the playlist files and it's the handling of that which is why i've not bothered to look into it.

i'm sure there's a way to force an update of the view but it still requires hooking into a number of parts of the plug-in in order to get the remove duplicates menu action, etc added in which isn't easy when there's no proper way of doing it i.e. it's hacking the plug-in with another plug-in to do it and i'm just not in the mood to do things like that anymore.

-daz
Old 12th April 2011, 16:28   #11
dj mickey burns

hi daz....was happening before i just did the update and still doing it
was 5.6 now 5.61
i am using the controlls at bottom of playlist
go to the minus sign ...press....remove....remove duplicate entries
thought it might be a enhancer plugin now removed still same
it removes duplicates in the playlis and various others too
the mp3 files are still on file for the ones its removing that i dont want it to
cheers
dj mickey burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2011, 16:35   #12
DrO

well there hasn't been a jtfe plug-in update in a while and nothing i'm aware off should have broken anything in that feature. all i can suggest is sending me a copy of the playlist before and a copy of it after you've used the feature and i'll try to find some time to look into what is going on (though either no one is really using the feature or it's just specific to you).

also can you confirm what version of the jtfe plug-in (gen_jumpex.dll) is in your install please (should be v1.2.3 build 1151).

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support