Old 23rd October 2002, 19:57   #1
batiam

Skin problem

Hi all, this is my 1st time, I wouldnt know here if i do not meet this problem.
ok the problem goes on like this.
I have installed the winamp 2.81 version and it works well on my comp which running on a win98 OS.
However, when i tried to download more skins for it. Something actually crewed up by me myself. I downloaded the skins from winamp.com but it is supposed to just put it into the skins folder which is located in the winamp folder but instead of that, i clicked on it and trying to open with program(sorry, i am just a comp idiot). End up i was prompt to open with one of the programs which have been installed on my comp, i chosen winamp to open it.
As a result the skins actually do not works.
I was told by my friend that i m not supposed to run it and just need to put into that skins folder but the worse thing is i had chosen the "always open with this program" which made every skins i downloaded from web becomes open with winamp by default. I put them into the skins folder but when i try to change skins, i cant see them in my skins directory(preference->skins). So now no matter wat skin i download it just cant work.
what should i do now in order to solve this problem?
I had tried to reinstall winamp alredi..but it just end up with the same problem..please help...i do want to have pretty skins for my winamp like everyone here does..thanks!!
batiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2002, 20:36   #2
Reaper
Forum King

Sticky: downloaded skins won't load
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....threadid=99555

ml_iPod - [Homepage] | [Forums] | [Wiki]
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2002, 06:38   #3
batiam

Yeah!! Thanks Reaper for provided me this useful thread, actually i did do the "search" in the forum but just cant find the thread u gave.
Anyway, for those who might have the same problem as me, dun worry, just go to the link, u can definitely find lot of similar problems were posted and solved there. I failed to solve my on the 1st few attempts try on to those instructions, but i keep reading on..and finally found the one which can solved my problem.
thanks god and also this useful forum!!..
batiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support