Old 25th March 2004, 01:20   #1
Daymon

Banned. Admin please read.

3 Days ago I came across how to setup a shoutcast server for this application. After a bunch of hard work, I got it up and running.

I will freely admit I was streaming adult content. It is all legal content, and was clearly marked as such.

As these forums were unavailable, there was very little guideline documentation. I based my stream on a popular one, that has been up for sometime and continues to be up.

Yesterday, my logfile was saying my server is "Permanently banned for falsified information".

The thing is, I didn't falisfy anything. I've signed up to this forum with all of my real information, including email. I was not trying to be tricky, or falisfy anything at all.

Is there an appeals process, especially since this forum was not active within the last few days?

Thanks in advance,

Daymon
Daymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2004, 02:23   #2
B0b

Do any of these apply to you?
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=172406
B0b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2004, 02:28   #3
Daymon

Quote:
Originally posted by B0b
Do any of these apply to you?
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=172406
1) use forced redirection to open up a browser to spyware or a big popup site

I had the mini browser displaying a small html with a few banners. There was one exit popup, not a chain, and it was only a small html popup with 2 clickable banners.

No spyware was used at all.

2) use a huge introfile to stream the same file over and over and not actually stream any real content

At first I had 1, 1 minute file. As I figured things out, I was up to about 7 minutes worth of content, 16 seperate files on a playlist. I don't know know what the introfile is.

3) advertise unnecessarily within your stream

The videos were watermarked. Other than that, no advertising in the stream.
Old 25th March 2004, 03:40   #4
Jay
Moderator Alumni

generally the rule is that if you have a single file that's only a few mins in length looping with a url attached to it in video or in the listing. It's considered abuse as it's not really a stream, but just a way to take advantage of the Media Library. When setting up a stream try to have at least 30mins of video.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2004, 03:41   #5
Daymon

Quote:
Originally posted by KXRM
generally the rule is that if you have a single file that's only a few mins in length looping with a url attached to it in video or in the listing. It's considered abuse as it's not really a stream, but just a way to take advantage of the Media Library. When setting up a stream try to have at least 30mins of video.
I have no problem with doing it like that .. And I'd appreciate the chance to .. But I have been banned, and don't see how I can get unbanned. This information wasn't available to me, when I was banned.
Old 25th March 2004, 03:43   #6
Jay
Moderator Alumni

pm me your IP. I'll see what I can do.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast TV / Nullsoft Video