Old 15th August 2006, 23:22   #1
eheiney
und keine Eier!

Send a message via AIM to eheiney
The Pink Floyd Experience

Pink Floyd Experience

More than just a flawless re-creation of the legendary songs that spanned decades in their appeal. PFX echoes everything that made Pink Floyd one of rock & roll's greatest icons. It's a celebration of the music, the themes and the innovation that this great band brought to fans around the world. It is Pink Floyd, up close and personal.

Anyone ever see this? Seeing as I'll never see the real thing, for $30, it doesn't sound half bad. Anyone in this area can hit them up at The Mendel Center. You can find some of their free downloads here.

Spiral out, my friend. You will find your way back to yourself, we all will.
I'll be waiting, and shall see you on the other side...
eheiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2006, 11:35   #2
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to k_rock923
I cannot wait. I really hope I get to see it one day

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
k_rock923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2006, 17:31   #3
eheiney
und keine Eier!

Actually, this was different than what we had discussed. We were talking about the Laser Spectacular.

Old 3rd February 2007, 05:58   #4
eheiney
und keine Eier!

Let me first say that this show fucking rocks. If you have the chance you should definitely check it out. Before I go any further let me give you the set list for the night.

In the Flesh?
Another Brick in the Wall (part 2)
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (parts 1 through 5)
Young Lust
Have a Cigar
Sheep
One of These Days
-Intermission-
-Dedication to Syd Barrett-
Astronomy Domine (extended version from Ummagumma)
Speak to Me
Breathe
On the Run
Time / Breathe (Reprise)
The Great Gig in the Sky
Money
Us and Them
Any Colour You Like
Brain Damage
Eclipse
-Closing-
Hey You
Comfortably Numb
-Introduction of band members-
Run Like Hell

--

Arriving at the theater my dad quickly pointed out that there were "a lot of old hippies" there. "Oh, really? You don't have much room to talk," I replied. "I remember the stories you told me about dropping acid. I believe the word you used was 'toasted' to describe how you felt the following morning."

Once we picked up our tickets at the box office we went in to find our seats. Jamming to "No Quarter" by Led Zeppelin, roughly fifteen minutes had passed before someone took a seat next to my dad. A real sucker sometimes and a little more personable than normal, he asks, "hey, how ya doing, man?" The guy stares at my dad for a second before almost defensively asking, "do I know you?" Sensing the inevitable confrontation I place my hand on my dad's knee and tell him, "don't. Don't go there. Just let it go." A few seconds later he turns to me and quietly voices his opinion to me, "what a dick."

Another ten minutes or so passed before the lights began to dim as the band walked on stage. Breaking right into "In The Flesh?" pumped everyone up, a great way to start the show. Obviously a crowd favorite, "Another Brick In The Wall" got a few people on their feet. Kids who were dragged along with their parents slouched down in their seats, embarrassed as their mothers danced to themselves. The guitar solo in this song was taken over by the saxophonist. Next up on the list was a personal favorite of mine, "Shine On You Crazy Diamond". Beautifully executed, I caught myself a few times with my eyes closed just listening to that guitar sing.

Three more songs were played before a short intermission. Upon return, announcing that the next song would be dedicated to the memory of Syd Barrett, the band launched into "Astronomy Domine". As the song was ending my dad leaned over to ask why we hadn't heard anything from The Dark Side Of The Moon. His question was quickly answered as "Speak to Me" began. "Breathe" and "On the Run" both went off without a hitch but then we arrived at "Time". Just as the drummer was to finish with the rototoms something went wrong. I think he may have tripped as he was going to sit back down, but whatever happened he missed the next five or six notes. This totally ruined the song for my dad as next to Gilmour's guitar solo this was his favorite part. "The Great Gig in the Sky" was next as the vocals were sung with the saxophone.

I knew what was up next, a song that I had been hoping to hear ever since I first started this thread six months ago. That song was "Money". It started out very well and again the saxophone was great. The first guitar solo also was great but another 45 seconds later it went to hell in a hand basket. You all know what I'm talking about, you know just how it should sound, that beautiful solo right near the 4:30 mark, my absolute favorite 37 seconds of music ever recorded. I don't know what happened. As I said before this guy was an excellent guitarist, he should have been able to pull it off. But he didn't, not by a long shot. He couldn't seem to reach any of the high notes. In fact it didn't even seem like a solo, he just continued jamming along with the band like he was before he should have started the solo. That was a huge, huge disappointment for me.

The rest of the songs from the album were fantastic. The saxophone, again, really came through for me on "Us and Them". As "Eclipse" was ending a few people around us began to gather their things and got up to leave. The band then thanked everyone for coming and wished us all a good night before giving us a sort of encore. "Hey You" was played out and then they broke into "Comfortably Numb". Another one of my dad's favorite songs, he jumped up right away and began to sway back and forth while belting out the lyrics to the dismay of everyone around him. I was again a bit let down with the guitar solo on this song as well. It could have been much better, but it certainly couldn't have been any worse than that of "Money".

As this song ended everyone stood up to clap and whistle for a good three minutes before the members introduced themselves. At this point the hit of the night made its entrance, a 12 foot long flying pink pig came out from stage left. Hovering above the audience for another minute or two of applaud we received another encore, "Run Like Hell". The band continued this song well beyond its usual length, perhaps for another two minutes before setting down their instruments and exiting the stage. The lights turned back on as the band walked out one last time to bow and receive applaud for another minute or so. As a last bit, the character from the cover of Delicate Sound of Thunder appeared on stage. Light bulbs flashing and carrying an umbrella, he simply came out to wave as everyone exited the theater.

--

All in all, this was a fantastic show. The lighting was off a bit at a few times and I believe the theater was way too small for this type of performance, but they certainly impressed me. I would definitely go see this again and I highly recommend it to anyone else.

You can visit their updated website at http://www.thepinkfloydexperience.net.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Music O'Rama