Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 4th June 2022, 23:14   #1
Azimuth49

How do I get Winamp to automatically detect Album/Song art?

Hello, I recently installed Winamp v 5.8 Build 3660. Loving it so far as it will actually play all my opus files.

I was wondering how, when I add files to the library, can I get Winamp to automatically associate the .jpg in my folders with the song? In each folder with every song there is a .jpg from the YouTube thumbnail (I used JDownloader 2). I know the album artwork can be added manually, but I have thousands of songs so this is not really something I have time for. Other softwares like Media Monkey will do it automatically but the releases are so unstable and don't support playing so many file types I made the switch to Winamp.

Much help would be appreciated! Everything else is working great.
Azimuth49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2022, 23:21   #2
Azimuth49

Well I happened to keep searching and found this: http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...54&postcount=3

I think that might be the answer to my question. The .jpgs have to be named a certain way. I wonder if I can setup JDownloader to do this.
Azimuth49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2022, 14:21   #3
bmwbig6

Another option to consider is dBPowerAmp Batch Convertor (it will add missing album art to those files/folders).
bmwbig6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2022, 14:28   #4
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

cover,jpg in the album folder is the simplest solution.

folder.jpg gives a nicer thumbail icon, but be wary of Windows (Media Player) overwriting these with some crappy 200x200 version (if the option to retrieve missing info from the internet is enabled).

I personally prefer using %album%.jpg, especially if there's songs from more than one album in the folder. But that can also get tricky if there's "illegal" characters in the album title which need replacing (as explained via the link you posted).

Alas, I don't use JDownloader, so can't help you there.

Can dBPowerAmp Batch Convertor rename existing .jpg files?
DJ Egg is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support