Old 2nd November 2001, 04:27   #1
Colldawg21
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Colldawg21
Should I continue?¿?¿?¿

Help me with my skin. Shoul I continue or dump? Suggestions!!
Yellow is transparent of course
Colldawg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2001, 04:47   #2
BullGawD
Cool Guy.
(Forum King)

yes by all means. I love what you've done so far.

...a blatant person.
BullGawD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2001, 09:57   #3
ripe
Major Dude

excellent transparency
ripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2001, 23:38   #4
Colldawg21
Major Dude

Dammit

Thanks you guys. I appreciate the support.
Forgot to attach...again. I've considered dropping this skin. Don't really know what to do with it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg main.jpg (8.2 KB, 212 views)
Old 2nd November 2001, 23:56   #5
Mr. Bojanglez
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Bojanglez Send a message via AIM to Mr. Bojanglez Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Bojanglez
arg

i thinku should drop it

yea...I said it.

Mr. Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2001, 00:18   #6
Namelessv1
Forum King

Keep going, it looks good.
Namelessv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2001, 00:35   #7
Colldawg21
Major Dude

Re: arg

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Bojanglez
i thinku should drop it
Why would that be?
Old 3rd November 2001, 02:18   #8
Forevever
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Forevever Send a message via Yahoo to Forevever
:::drops Mr Bo on his head:::

I think you should finish it, but I can't give an honest comment cause the yellow keeps throwing me off. Maybe in the next update, just for preview purposes, make the transparancies just white so they actually look transparent.

If anyone can find any of the skins I made please email them to Forevever@aol.com
I can't remember all the names but specifically hunting for Lascivious, and DEVOUR (compilation with Jax) and any in the Impulse series which had 6 total. Auriferous, Gilt, Impulse, Nadir, and 2 others I can't remember but you dig.
Forevever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2001, 11:36   #9
Nini
skin domptrice
(Major Dudette)

Send a message via ICQ to Nini Send a message via AIM to Nini
keep going! hey I like it coz it's something different...nice idea, needs only a bit development

The skin love webring
Nini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2001, 17:31   #10
SuPeYDuUeY

Send a message via ICQ to SuPeYDuUeY Send a message via AIM to SuPeYDuUeY Send a message via Yahoo to SuPeYDuUeY
I like the idea...something original...don't see that often

the edges are a kinda choppy though...

but yes keep going
SuPeYDuUeY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2001, 22:35   #11
ripe
Major Dude

I think it has potential. it is quite a bold cut-out you've made there.
i don't know if you intended to add much more detail to the solid area, but i like that minimalist look.... it reminds me of this (which i think is a cool skin) Sonic Stylie Plain

but if it is giving you jip just save it and take a look at it in a week or two. you can't force a good skin, especially when you're out of ideas
ripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2001, 23:37   #12
Colldawg21
Major Dude

how should i get rid of the choppiness on the edges of the skin. I can't find a way to do it unless i make it completely straight. Maybe it'll look better completed
Old 4th November 2001, 00:24   #13
Lucid DM
Eat, skin, sleep. Repeat.
(Major Dude)

Send a message via AIM to Lucid DM
Anti-alias it against low-saturation brown colour. Mid brightness.
That works with most colours.
Lucid DM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2001, 00:28   #14
PeaceMaker
Major Dude

Send a message via Yahoo to PeaceMaker
What about removing those vertical bars at both sides of the number.bmp area (ie the part that looks like its holding up the blue/transparent line bit). Also it looks choppy because of the black area.. there's no way you can remove it, but improve it, maybe make it curve a bit more instead of the straight edge.
All just a suggestion though.
Oh maybe there is a way of making the numbers.bmp area as mention above incorporate into the text.bmp area to the right, blur/push it technique.
PeaceMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2001, 04:09   #15
jasonl

for the love of god I hope you dont continue unless you have spent a miniscule amount of time on it. you need more detail dammit! look at this skin I'm making at the moment for my website.
See if you get what I mean.
(I have spent VERY little time on this by the way so dont expect 2 much). This is my second skin.

Anyway, thats what a few hours work should look like (see the attachment)
I hope yours only took a few minutes...

Quote:
What is a Tokyo-U? Can I eat it?
-Kaolla Su.
Attached Files
File Type: zip apha~kaolla.zip (47.7 KB, 122 views)
jasonl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2001, 06:20   #16
Neko
Major Dude

jasonl, shut the fuck up, just because you have a little tallent doesnt give you the right to downgrade others work, i think he's doing great so far, and i hope he carries on working on it.

btw, if your offended by my swearing at you, then think about how offended he was when you took the piss

... lucid.. forever.. shit, someone hold me back before i break..
Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2001, 11:43   #17
Lucid DM
Eat, skin, sleep. Repeat.
(Major Dude)

Send a message via AIM to Lucid DM
/me grabs RD by the arms and screams: "Forevever! Come quick... I can't hold him back much longeeeeeer!"
Lucid DM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2001, 19:07   #18
Colldawg21
Major Dude

Jason, how much more of a dumbass can you be. Obviously I am at the very beginning stage of my skin and this is just the rough work. You think I'm done? You think this is what i'm going to keep? Why do you think I'm asking for opinions.
Old 4th November 2001, 19:31   #19
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

To everyone whos flaming each other in here, be you the originator or the retaliator I say this.

Pack it in, or I'll start knocking heads together.
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2001, 19:36   #20
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Ouch, I did not do it...

Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2001, 20:00   #21
Forevever
Major Dude

::considers...::: what a !

I've decided to hold down Jason instead of holding back RD
get'm!!

just do it discreetly else mr j will start breaking heads

If anyone can find any of the skins I made please email them to Forevever@aol.com
I can't remember all the names but specifically hunting for Lascivious, and DEVOUR (compilation with Jax) and any in the Impulse series which had 6 total. Auriferous, Gilt, Impulse, Nadir, and 2 others I can't remember but you dig.
Old 4th November 2001, 21:02   #22
Neko
Major Dude

after all., if his house burnt down, it isnt my fault, as im here typing this
Old 5th November 2001, 00:46   #23
Colldawg21
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucid DM
Anti-alias it against low-saturation brown colour. Mid brightness.
That works with most colours.
how do you mean Lucid?
Old 5th November 2001, 01:06   #24
Neko
Major Dude

hehe, he means like this -
Old 5th November 2001, 03:41   #25
Colldawg21
Major Dude

oh, ok. Would that really make it look different?
Old 5th November 2001, 04:46   #26
Neko
Major Dude

yup, as the colour would match more backgrounds then white or black would :P
Old 5th November 2001, 04:58   #27
jasonl

Ouch! Calm down fellas! You asked, so I told you what I thought. Besides, if you cant take that kind of punishment from a fellow designer without laughing it off you have no hope.

Maybe from now on you should ask for people's oppinions after you have something done in more than a few minutes (or how ever long it took you to make it).

Welcome to the real world. Fuck you too.
Old 5th November 2001, 05:06   #28
Ch33zels
Major Dude

nice skin keep going

[edit] .::smacks jason in the face::.

what an idiot

[/edit]

[edit] pleez dont break my head mr jones [/edit]
Ch33zels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2001, 05:38   #29
jasonl

Someone wanna tell me what I did wrong?

So what, some guy says what he thinks. Deal with it, or even better, pay the crap out of my skin (thread:what do you think of this one, eh?).

Do I care? NO! I don't do this for you! I do it to learn. I want to be better at skinning and designing in general, and if it means using you guys to pay me out and tell me what to change so be it!

Look, seriously, reality is harsh. And in this harsh world this skin would crash and or burn. Understand this, I made the comment assuming the skinner wanted his skin to rock hard. Quite simply, its no Zeus or SG!Darkfuture, and probably never will be, so I said that (kinda).

For god's sake, what do you want to hear? The skin rocks? I love your textures, man! I love the colours and the way they make me sick! I love your chances of the skin turning out good when you cant ever make an edge thats not as jaggered as a ps2 game! Yeah right. Understand that, my comments can do nothing but help you, assuming you aren't a pussy.

Fine, pay me out. Shout at me. Do whatever you want, but give me a reason for doing it.
Old 5th November 2001, 05:58   #30
BullGawD
Cool Guy.
(Forum King)

1) You're new. (granted, a lot of the people you're shouting against are new too.) That just tends to work against you.

2) Be a smidge nicer perhaps. I guarantee you it's harder that just being an ass about things. Sure, anyone can tell someone what's wrong with a skin - that's the easy part. That's why the viewpoints of critics who can't create what the are evaluating are accepted. The point of this forum is to help, constructively. Can you tell Colldawg what he's done well, if anything? Can you tell him how to extend that further? Can you tell him why you don't like what you don't like, specifically, and denote whether it's something you consider purely a matter of personal preference? These are just a few things, and I'm by no means saying that this is what most people do in this forum. I can't even claim to follow the outline I just provided all of the time. But I saw nothing in your review (which I believe was your second post here) that was helpful or specific. You can tell all the stories you want about the 'real world' - I've been there too, I know what it's like. But there is a fundamental difference between the real world and a place like this - in the real world you are attempting to succeed; here you attempt to get better.

...a blatant person.
Old 5th November 2001, 06:23   #31
jasonl

My oppologies go out to the people whom have been offended by my hash remarks. The only means by which I have to appologise is by lending my (now rather unwanted) advise to my fellow skinner.

I am wrong about your skin. I dont know why I said it, but I did. I want you to continue your skinning with my fullest blessing. No joke. I remember now my Apollo skin (attached). It is my first skin, and is by no means good. I understand now that you are probably like me, going through initial learning phases of skining. And from the looks of it, you seem to be doing better than me!

So once again, I'm sorry you guys, dont hurt me. After all, isn't it better to make a friend than an enemy? I hope you think so!

Life is a gift of the purest beauty. Every second that goes by is one less that we have on this beautiful place. It seems a pity that we only realise this moment before our time is up. I admit, I sometimes forget that, and you innocent people take the punishment. I have nothing to offer the many I have left cold and offended but my aforementioned advice about life. Please forgive me?
Old 5th November 2001, 10:28   #32
Neko
Major Dude

it's simple, anyone who starts a skin without skinner.exe deserves a little credit, even if you think the skins crap, its obviously going to look better then the generic skinner.exe crapnes strewn around the db's, but cutting him down in his prime will not improve his skin, only commenting on ways he could further work on his design, looking back on the threads, i too am sorry for swearing at you jasonl, i was NOT in the mood yesterday for someone to cut someone down because they assumed their tallent gave them the right (which is what it seemed like to me and alot of others), but, with this last post you have saved your ass as far as i'm concerned, maybe some will be less forgiving, maybe some will, just behave and become a valued member of this community and maybe then you will realise that compared to here, the real world sucks :P

*still awaits an oreo off forever.. *
Old 5th November 2001, 14:28   #33
BullGawD
Cool Guy.
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by raydream
i was NOT in the mood yesterday for someone to cut someone down because they assumed their tallent gave them the right [/IMG]
Riiiight, you were just in the mood to leave the plug in your ass and bitch at whoever you felt like.

Quote:
Originally posted by raydream
what the fuck happened to the phone?, did it get run over or something? the load list button isnt even skinned, not to mention the button down of the rest of the pl buttons or the EQ slider buttons, or the ON AUTO or PRESET buttons,.. which havent been changed.. just blurred??, the Cbuttons look like they are about to fall off when you press them, also the winshade of the EQ ISNT changed, the eq also has no Winshade button (WTF?), its not even finnished ffs, you should have posted a screenshot before you published, and took note of everything you havent even done,, okay, so im bitter and twisted and its unfair of me to rap the piss out of you like this, but i feel very offended myself, in the previous post, you said...

listen kid, ive been skinning winamp since august or something, that ISNT a long time, to me it looks like you have taken the "do not use skinner.exe" thing too seriouslky, and used it and tried to chance the bmp's so it looks different, which i will give you some credit for, but jesus, if your going to publish something, show us all a screenshot so we can tell you what needs doing, as obviously you havent a clue..

on a lighter note, im probably going to be banned from this forum now, and you wont have to hear my words ever again., if this is the case, then i apoligise to everyone else here, and i will keep my skins updated at my usual address..

...a blatant person.
Old 5th November 2001, 15:30   #34
Neko
Major Dude

guilty as charged
shame im not female or i could blame the time of month
Old 5th November 2001, 16:55   #35
Forevever
Major Dude

I think Raydream had alternative motives when posting that though.... so in this particular instance I forgive him.

Jason, apparently had alternative issues when he posted his.. perhaps he didn't realize that we are a civilized community. Perhaps he felt this was a good place to vent out his frustrations, whatever they may be.

I'm guilty of it myself, although I have never directed this kind of anger towards a skin/skinner. I always direct it towards "the system".

As for Raydream - .. <---insert blush!
behave!

Old 6th November 2001, 00:53   #36
Colldawg21
Major Dude

I think jason thought that "oh look at this skin. It looks nothing like mine. Here might be a good place to give my skin to people and show it off!"
Old 6th November 2001, 04:57   #37
jasonl

hey, my last comment was supposed to STOP the fighting remember?

Cmon, this is getting nowhere fast!

Be happy!
Old 6th November 2001, 11:23   #38
PeaceMaker
Major Dude

Send a message via Yahoo to PeaceMaker
Alright ladies, i think we have had enuf of the bullshit attacks upon each other for this week.. ok, so im no leader and have no control of this forum, but use some common sense and leave the attitudes out, even if ur fucked up in the head when you log in here.
PeaceMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2001, 11:29   #39
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:
Originally posted by PeaceMaker
Alright ladies, i think we have had enuf of the bullshit attacks upon each other for this week.. ok, so im no leader and have no control of this forum, but use some common sense and leave the attitudes out, even if ur fucked up in the head when you log in here.
Your diplomacy skills astound me, managed to be condescending and insultive all in the same breath.

You've had enuff of the bullshit attacks?, could have fooled me, looks like you just started to pour more petrol on the fire.

Don't continue this discussion here, if you wish to, please do so via the PM button down below, where I will gladly point out the obvious errors in your statement, followed by what is likely to happen should you continue this line of discussion.

Groovy baby.
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2001, 11:30   #40
Neko
Major Dude

[edit] i aint said nuffin [/edit] [bribe] $20 to mr jones [/bribe]
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Classic Skins