DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Yes
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2007, 05:18   #43
Blaklite

No ads please

Many thanks for a neat/quick and best of all successfull workaround. This has been irritating me for ages, and with a few clicks, solved!

( I cant stand ads, they just remind me of what I cant afford anyway :P)

Many thanks Egg.
Blaklite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 00:02   #44
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Updated for 5.35 / new winamp.com

(also still works for 5.5)

Note: filenames have been changed to scr.html & sctv.html

Updated again for 5.5 - please use this version instead
Attached Files
File Type: zip sc.zip (17.7 KB, 973 views)
Old 18th May 2007, 03:55   #45
ujay
Forum King

Thanks Egg

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2007, 04:39   #46
intika

Thanks Egg
intika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 23:40   #47
waterloo_sunset

Thanks Egg =)
waterloo_sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2007, 01:26   #48
plexdude

The latest sc.zip file in this thread doesn't seem to work anymore. I've tried reinstalling winamp several times now (even removed all third party plugins and skins), made sure my ml_online.ini file referenced the correct location of scr.html, which in my case is: ElementName2=Shoutcast Radio
ElementURL2=file:///C:/Program%20Files/Winamp/Plugins/ml/scr.html

Perhaps there's been another change on the server side that blocks this workaround from working anymore? Strange tho, as it still seems to work on my primary computer that I've done this to a while back now. I just don't get it... any comments DJ Egg?
plexdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2007, 01:35   #49
plexdude

Forgot to attach an example of what I DO see when try to apply this workaround... here it is:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sc_problem.jpg (42.9 KB, 678 views)

System Specs:

Intel Wolfdale Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.6GHz 1600MHz FSB
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R rev 1.1
G.Skill 4GB DDR2 RAM: F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B
Creative X-Fi Titanium
eVGA GeForce 260 GTX
Klipsch 4.1 THX speakers
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Old 8th September 2007, 03:01   #50
LedAstray

Egg, you're a life saver. Thank you for your solution. It worked great. That ShoutCast script error has been driving me nuts for so long. Finally got determined to do something about it, looked around and found your post on matter.

Question: how do you create the scr and sctv html files?

plexdude, the same thing happened to me. To fix it, just click on the item directly above ShoutCast Radio on the left side menu and then click on ShoutCast Radio again. This refresh solved the problem for me (also works for ShoutCast TV).
LedAstray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2007, 13:02   #51
ujay
Forum King

Question: how do you create the scr and sctv html files?

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
... look at ml_online.ini, find the url, load it in IE, view source, save to a .html file, and edit in Notepad accordingly. Basically, you'll need to locate(edit. The script error line number should help here) & comment out the javascript which points to the ads, and change all the url's (images, links, etc) to absolute instead of relative. Good luck with that.
UJ
Old 14th October 2007, 07:38   #52
ahmird2

I can't even get shoutcast to display the alphabit. I added those two sites mentioned in the second page to the trusted sites list in IE - it just doesn't load. It's frustrating because embedded browser doesn't show any information about where it's connecting to so it seems the only way I can solve my problem is if I happen across some information that just happens to help. I don't know what I'm supposed to do but I really would like to get this working.
ahmird2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2007, 11:36   #53
ahmird2

One more thing, to my knowledge I am running the exact configuration that I was before (when the online services in the media library worked) but that was my last installation of windows. I use a different version of windows now (and also different versions of certain things that I suspect affect this. Those things are, specifically, WinAmp (now v5.5 - previously v5.3x) and also IE v.5 before -now v.7...
Furthermore, the version of MS-Windows I previously used was the corporate 'enterprise 2002 VLIU' (internal issue) version of XP (XP-SP2 5.1.01 build 2600). Now I am running the August 2007 version of XP-SP2 5.1 build 2600). What I notice is that more of the built in services of the WIN-OS are off by default in this newer version and I was not given a choice about this upon installation. The 2002 version I have gives an option during the installation to "enable all services (default)" or "customize services to be installed (all services installed will be installed according to the Microsoft default activation profile)". What I notice is that in this new version is that there are substantially more services that were set to "manual" or "disabled" in the startup field (administrative tools > computer management > services).
Questions I have are: Are there any particular services of the Win-OS that I must have running in order to be able to use this functionality of WinAmp? Are there any differences between the configuration of IE5 and IE7 that would affect the operation of the 'online services' features of WinAmp?
I would be sincerely grateful to be provided a solution to my problem (which is that for the life of me I can't get any of those features of WinAmp to actually produce streaming media).
ahmird2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 03:11   #54
ujay
Forum King

Hope I'm not jumping the gun here.

UJ
Attached Files
File Type: zip sc radio tv.zip (18.0 KB, 2132 views)
Old 21st November 2007, 07:07   #55
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@ujay
Was it broken again?
Old 21st November 2007, 10:58   #56
ujay
Forum King

I started getting a couple of script errors(line 1352 & 1351) with the old one.

If people are not getting a problem, then stick with the old one I guess.

UJ
Old 21st November 2007, 19:08   #57
MeanStang

Quote:
Originally posted by ujay
I started getting a couple of script errors(line 1352 & 1351) with the old one.

If people are not getting a problem, then stick with the old one I guess.

UJ
thank you, no more errors now.
MeanStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2007, 03:32   #58
plexdude

I just discovered script errors myself today, updated to the newest fix just posted in this thread and the problem is now gone.

Thx ujay!!!

Thx in advance to DJ Egg for your acknowledgement on this news.

System Specs:

Intel Wolfdale Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.6GHz 1600MHz FSB
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R rev 1.1
G.Skill 4GB DDR2 RAM: F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B
Creative X-Fi Titanium
eVGA GeForce 260 GTX
Klipsch 4.1 THX speakers
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Old 23rd November 2007, 17:08   #59
Bandito

Send a message via ICQ to Bandito
is this also working on windows vista?

I get the error: cannot display this webpage. (no conection?)

tried to open the site in IE7. Got some security problems. After configuring the options IE7 will display the site almost (some object is missing, i guess because winamp is needed).

But in winamp the site will still not display.

ElementName9=SHOUTcast Radio
ElementURL9=file:///D:/Daten/winamp/scr.hmtl

Any ideas?

thx

SOLUTION:
----------
It's a IE7 security problem. I fixed it this way. Perhaps there is a better solution...

I link the file through the network (don't know the English word for it. In German = Freigabe) My PC name is hug and there is a disk Daten and a folder Daten.

ElementName9=SHOUTcast Radio
ElementURL9=file:\\hug\Daten\Daten\winamp\scr.html

Hope you guys get the point.
sorry for my bad explaining.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2008, 19:35   #60
waterloo_sunset

Thanks for the updated fix ujay. =)
waterloo_sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 12:03   #61
Bonnet

There doens't seem to be a ml_online.ini in 5.52, any ideas for a new workaround?
Bonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 14:38   #62
ujay
Forum King

The default install on the latest versions keeps the settings for individual users seperate from the main Winamp folder. This includes the ml_online.ini file.

They can now be found in :

%AppData%\Winamp (Enter this in My Computer > Address > Go)

On XP this is C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Winamp\
and on Vista this is C:\users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Winamp\
You will find the ml_online.ini file in the "Plugins\ml" folder in there.

UJ
Old 13th February 2008, 04:55   #63
LedAstray

For Vista users: make sure WinAmp is completely closed.

Download ujay's scr.html and sctv.html files posted above.

*UserName* is your user name on your PC.

Place those files in the following directory:

C:\Users\*UserName*\AppData\Roaming\Winamp\Plugins\ml

Then, in the same directory, open the file: ml_online.ini using notepad.

Change the ElementURL2 and ElementURL3 lines to:

ElementURL2=file:C:\Users\*UserName*\AppData\Roaming\Winamp\Plugins\ml\scr.html

ElementURL3=file:C:\Users\*UserName*\AppData\Roaming\Winamp\Plugins\ml\sctv.html

Save ml_online.ini

Open WinAmp. You will not get any more error messages when opening SHOUTcast radio or SHOUTcast TV. No more aggravation, just enjoyment!

Thanks to ujay for the scr.html and sctv.html files.
Old 12th September 2008, 05:32   #64
JDL_1

Quote:
Originally posted by siebe83
I personally don't even mind seeing a few ads that much, but only within limits.

That means they should not cause script errors, should not use flash (flash ads bog down the system and terribly slow down page-loading)
I really agree here. Modest ads are ok, that don't end up being system resource hogs, considering what they are to begin with.

Adobe flash is horrible. And any time Adobe comes up with something, they think they have to install another service into your computer. Give that one a nice long thought as you look at your once spiffy and fast computer dwindle down in speed until it seems to barely work.

Programmers please unite against Adobe products.
JDL_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 02:37   #65
ujay
Forum King

For any folks still using this :

I'm starting to get some unreliable results with the older files, mainly stream and bookmark load failures.

If this is the case for you try the attatched files. The access is through yp.shoutcast ... rather than the previous www.shoutcast ...

UJ
Attached Files
File Type: zip ad free shoutcast.zip (17.4 KB, 293 views)
Old 14th January 2009, 15:40   #66
ujay
Forum King

From a PM by oomingmak on 01-14-2009 12:38 PM:
Quote:
Just wanted to say thank you very much for posting an update to the locally stored shoutcast classic HTML files.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....41#post2473041

I continue to use them because you don't get the text link for the beta appearing at the top of the window (next to the Shoutcast logo) and also because I'm not sure how long the web served classic version will be kept available.

However, recently I started having loads of problems with station access and I didn't know whether it would be possible to fix this or not, but your update did the trick perfectly.

Having examined the new file, I now realise that the problem was due to the moving of the shoutcast directory listing on the server.

Does this mean that in future if Nullsoft move the listing again, that I could just edit the following line in the HTML file to use the new url?

var url = "http://yp.shoutcast.com/sbin/newxml.phtml?search=" + escape(searchString);

Or are there other changes that are needed to make it work?

Thanks
Hi oomingmak.

The original files (WWW) may have been redirected internally to YP anyway. Perhaps Shoutcast have done some load balancing that makes this less reliable now. Shoutcast server setup is pretty much a law unto itself, so no idea what the future holds really.

There are several lines in the file that need changing, all references of www.shoutcast -> yp.shoutcast.
References to www.winamp(mainly picture files) are still OK.

As a general rule we try to discourage PMs for Tech Support, it's better to post in the relevent thread were the information can be of use in following progress.
It also invites help and comment from other users

UJ
Old 14th January 2009, 17:31   #67
oomingmak

Thanks.

I was getting pretty severe problems; no searching, no genres at all. The only thing that worked was the top 500 (and even then only intermittently).

My first thoughts were that it was a sever side issue, because the symptoms were exactly as described by several posters in this thread: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=243264 but further searching showed that no one was recently complaining of similar issues (which suggested that the problem might be specific to my system).

However I tried the new files that you posted and everything started working again immediately.

I ran a diff between the old and new files and I now realise that there are quite a few places where changes need to be made.

I was interested to know whether it would be possible for me to create my own fixes in future, as few people appear still be using this method (so an upgrade to the files may not necessarily be forthcoming when next needed) but if that happened I reckon I could fix it myself now.
oomingmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 21:57   #68
kostelo

Quote:
For any folks still using this :

I'm starting to get some unreliable results with the older files, mainly stream and bookmark load failures.

If this is the case for you try the attatched files. The access is through yp.shoutcast ... rather than the previous www.shoutcast ...

UJ
Thank you so much my friend. I had also some strange 503 errors and stuff lately and with your fix everything works like a charm again.
kostelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009, 06:45   #69
LedAstray

Thank You so much ujay for the updates, you are too kind. They work perfectly! I really appreciate it. And Thank You to DJ Egg also for the info on creating the scr and sctv html files. I too have been getting bad results with the old files and a return of the script errors. I've been putting off fixing it until now. You have made life a little more pleasant for me!
This topic should be made a sticky.

Advertising on the internet these days is so out of control, it's ridiculous. Now they got the thing where you think you're clicking on something where you want to go but instead it opens up 2 pages and takes you first to a damn page with advertising. Click hijacking I think they call it. Infuriating. I don't mind some advertising. But not when they want to shove it down my throat. And I'm clueless on how these advertisiments generate revenue when me and everybody else I know ignore them all.

Last edited by LedAstray; 6th April 2009 at 07:01.
Old 20th April 2009, 23:54   #70
MeanStang

im guessing this wont work with 5.551?
Old 21st April 2009, 12:35   #71
ujay
Forum King

Still working fine here, the only change from before is in the way that online services are handled now.

make a text file as follows :

-----------------------------

[OnlineService]
id=0005551000
name=Radio
url=file:///C:/Program Files/Winamp/Ujay/scr.html
icon=11003
subscribed=1
Legacy=1

Save to your %appdata%\Winamp\Plugins\ml\omServices folder with the name 'omService_{0005551000}.ini'

id - can be anything that does not clash with existing services.
url - should point to wherever you have the scr/tv files stored.
icon - you can experiment if you want.

UJ
Old 21st April 2009, 14:21   #72
meymen

Thanks for the explanation Egg.

Best regards.
meymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 00:42   #73
andy_c_56

Quote:
make a text file as follows :

[OnlineService]
id=0005551000
name=Radio
url=file:///C:/Program Files/Winamp/Ujay/scr.html
icon=11003
subscribed=1
Legacy=1

Save to your %appdata%\Winamp\Plugins\ml\omServices folder with the name 'omService_{0005551000}.ini'
This was working fine in 5.55x, but no longer works in 5.56. Has anyone gotten this to work in 5.56? I had to go back to a special hosts file instead, but I'd rather not do that if possible.
andy_c_56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 23:57   #74
MeanStang

yeah same here...i should of kept the previous version.
Old 29th May 2010, 12:25   #75
macelius

thanks Ujay for the fix and maintenance till recently. got my hopes up when I found this, sadly it's no longer working, just search controls on black screen. going back to 5.53 for now I guess.
macelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 12:51   #76
ujay
Forum King

Should be no need for this anymore unless you're totally concerned with removing adverts.

I've dropped it now that the classic view is available again, and from out of nowhere I find I give a little reflex spin of the mouse wheel as the listing appears - just enough to roll the adverts off screen. Have it off to a fine art now

UJ
Old 29th May 2010, 13:35   #77
macelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujay View Post
Should be no need for this anymore unless you're totally concerned with removing adverts.

I've dropped it now that the classic view is available again, and from out of nowhere I find I give a little reflex spin of the mouse wheel as the listing appears - just enough to roll the adverts off screen. Have it off to a fine art now

UJ
thanks i found the link, and the tip lol, i can deal with the adverts just not the new style listings. sorry bout the dino thread bump lol
macelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 03:18   #78
polter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujay View Post

UJ
Any tips on how to restore the classic view?
polter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support