Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 27th May 2005, 13:14   #81
chaddahlberg

Well, I solved the problem myself actually. For those that are having the same problem as myself, click, start, settings and control panel (this is on Windows XP only, sorry). Double click Windows Firewall. Chances are that the firewall is set to on, which is fine, that is what you want. Click the exceptions tab, and then click add program at the bottom. Browse to the winamp icon and then click add and OK. This took care of my problem.
chaddahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2005, 19:20   #82
hist

I'm having a small problem that's more of an annoyance than anything else. I'm running the latest Winamp (5.091), but this has happened with previous versions too.

I listen to WLS in Chicago regularly. Occasionally, when I start Winamp to listen to it, the timer goes to 0:01 but then stops dead. No matter how often I refresh Winamp, it does that. It only goes away when I reboot, and occasionally not even then. Basically, it's a crapshoot when I start Winamp, whether or not I'll get to listen to the station (though lately it hasn't happened as often). Most of the time it's fine.

Whenever this happens, I have to use the Windows Media Player link and it works fine.

This is at work, so I'm sure there's a firewall, but I don't know why that would cause this to happen so intermittently.

Thanks!

Dave
hist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2005, 19:51   #83
ClickMe_69
Banned

hello guys, wanna see me:)))

My new photo gallery is here
*spam removed*

ClickMe_69
ClickMe_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2005, 19:22   #84
Elo

Hy, ißm from germany and i have the problem that when i click on a radio station the error message : [Error] connecting to host (showing old contend) appears. Can someone help me ???

The Internet radio on my brothers PC works correctly, only my one doesn´t play radio =(

plz help !!!!!!!!!!!!
Elo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2005, 20:05   #85
JonnyMac

Have a look at the following post...
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....44#post1597644

If you still need help with this issue, please post a new thread in Winamp Tech Support instead of replying in this Sticky thread. Provide system specifications. Also please describe the issue, so others who are reading the thread will know what it is about. Good Luck

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2005, 02:02   #86
leerees

Hi, has a fix been identified for this problem yet? (clicking ml links does nothing), i did make a new post in the tech forum but they said it was a windows xp cache problem and that i should ring microsoft.
leerees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2005, 02:15   #87
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

There are currently no known clientside or serverside issues with the any of the Online Media services/streams, and as far as I can tell, the vast majority of users aren't experiencing any problems.

If you are still experiencing system-specific related issues, then it would be best for you to post in your original thread and supply all the relevant required info, including: connection type/speed, firewall details and confirmation that winamp isn't being blocked, a HJT log, etc and confirmation of a clean install of Winamp 5.093 Full/Pro.

Note: I will personally ignore all posts unless the required info is provided :/

[edit]

I see you took my advice then... not. heh
And I assume you've read all the advice in this thread first, yes?
Also note that this thread was started back in 2004, and many of the referenced/varied issues either no longer apply or were fixed serverside a long time ago.

[/edit]
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2005, 02:28   #88
leerees

I've reinstalled winamp 3 times now, the reason im posting it here was because the support person in the other thread was unable to help me and concluded the thread by insisted it was a problem with windows xp's cache.

judging by the sheer number of topics and posts describing this very issue it's obviously a problem, but if it was windows xp at fault wouldn't every user be experiencing it? and surely wouldn't other programs be affected?

anyway going back to the issue, When you click a link in the media library the box "reading http response" executes what appears to be normal, however winamp does nothing after that.

Clearing the ie cache no longer seems to work for me. So now apart from being able to play .mp3 files from my harddrive, winamp is unusable. (pasting links into the openurl dialog box does nothing)
Old 22nd April 2006, 23:33   #89
dannidj

Hello i have som another Prablome. Do you know this?
What is Wrong? I have Try to uninstall and noathing happends.
Attached Images
File Type: png winamp-5.21.png (80.2 KB, 375 views)

DJ Danni - Owner
Skaga Rásin
dannidj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2006, 12:10   #90
dannidj

Can somone Answare me?

DJ Danni - Owner
Skaga Rásin
dannidj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2006, 12:20   #91
Solariz

radio listings

hey all....first of all...ty winamp ppls for making one of the best programs out there!

ok to my troubles..
ive looked over the threads and didnt see any answer to my problem...(if it was listed i possibly overlooked it and i apoligize)

my prob is i was able to get alot of different streams to choose from on the internet radio in media library...used to be 1000...recently im only able to receive 30 every time i refresh...and when im typing in a certain radio station say Groove Salad nothing shows up when it used to....
did a clean uninstall and reinstall...no dice...so im stumped....id appreciate any asst rendered and again if i overlooked the solution i apoligize and feel free to flame me i guess..lol
thanx again
Solariz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2006, 12:46   #92
siebe83
Forum King

Are you using the latest version of Winamp?

In Winamp 5.2 the way the media listings are displayed has changed. It is now part of the new Online Services plugin.

The server that provided the old (pre-5.2) listings apparently fried. Partly repaired, but it now only returns the top 30 of all stations.

For the full list, upgrade to Winamp 5.21. Be sure you do not uncheck 'Online Media' (under Winamp Library) in the installer options.

[edit]
Hey, hi UJ

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2006, 12:50   #93
ujay
Forum King

Re: radio listings

Quote:
Originally posted by Solariz
.... did a clean uninstall and reinstall...
Right idea, wrong version

The radio listings have been reimplemented since version 5.2, older versions will only have very limited access from now on.

Do a forum search and read a few stickies to get the background on this.

[edit] Hi siebe.

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2006, 09:13   #94
Solariz

thanx guys....really appriciate it!
Old 6th May 2006, 15:03   #95
Solariz

got it fixed=...works good,....and like the thread said...itll take some getting used to....but cest la vie...
thanx again guys
Old 18th July 2006, 01:09   #96
leerees

So has there ever been a fix for this?, im using the latest version of winamp and still have the problem of having to reinstall / uninstall.

im on my 3rd PC since my original reply to this post 1 year ago, there is nothing wrong with my cache (as previously suggested lol)
Old 6th August 2007, 09:06   #97
sabrehawk

issue still not resolved in winamp 5.35

clickin on a direct link for a stream in IE opens winamp
but loads only the pls filename without connecting to
the server. Open URL of same PLS file in winamp "play Url"
works.

PLS file clicked on doesnt contain any meta info or connection info besides the local temp cache folder and pls filename of the local computer

bookmarking a stream WORKS.
sabrehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2007, 00:31   #98
viktorw-01

Error syncing to stream

Hi,
I tried to find here the answer to a similar problem and found only this as the closest.
But not the same. I installed Winamp 5.5 a few days ago and it worked OK to listen to my favorite radio station http://mp3.gazdasagiradio.hu/64.m3u . I had problems with Windows Madia Player 9 as well, that was the reason I tried Winamp. I have not changed any of the settings but my pc got crashed and now I cannot listen to this station.
Some other radio stations work some other not. What can be the problem?
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally posted by delfincek
Is this the case also for me? I can listen some internet radio stations without any problem as usualy before. But some stations are listed on the list I click on them and nothing happened. No sound and no transfer and no failed connection, just a blank nothing happens, like I did not clicked.

For e.g. I see radio station CLUB 977 The 80's channel (which is the station with most listeners) I click on it and there is no sound, no failed connection, no transfer what so ever. This happens with app. 40% of other internet radio stations which are listed in Winamp.

Thanks for the confirmation or answer.

D.
viktorw-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2007, 01:02   #99
JonnyMac

I also can not connect to Gazdasági Rádió. I tried the cable and dial-up streams in different media players. That would mean it is a problem at the station's end and is not a issue with Winamp.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 00:39   #100
OctopussGarden

Shoutcase Radio Doesn't work on Winamp

It's 2013 and Winamp won't bring up selected radio stations from the media library. The old single line list was far superior to the new format - which might look jazzy = but doesn't work.Any solutions ????
OctopussGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 00:48   #101
DrO

there is no way to get back to the 'old format' from the 'new format' (which was already 'old' when you last posted about this).

as your vague on what aspect of the view is not working, you need to a) clarify exactly what is not working, b) how you are exactly replicating the issue and what steps someone else would be able to replicate it and c) provide an info tool report -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins

and irrespective of what was good or not previously, the view is how it is and is how it has been for a number of years now so clearly it cannot be that bad...
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 01:55   #102
OctopussGarden

No Shoutcast Radio On WimAmp

When a station is selected the screen (containing the radio selections) goes black and nothing else happens.
Old 13th August 2013, 02:31   #103
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi OctopussGarden,

Please provide your Winamp configuration report so that 3rd party plug-ins and/or missing native components can be ruled out as reasons for this problem.

And what station are you trying to use? I would like to see if I can replicate the problem. The stations I normally use work fine.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 15:33   #104
OctopussGarden

Configuration

Where is the configuration requested ?
Old 13th August 2013, 15:37   #105
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
...and c) provide an info tool report -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins
by following the steps in the link i'd put in my prior reply.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2013, 18:37   #106
OctopussGarden

WinAmp Tool Report

WinAmp Tool report attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Winamp_Info_Report_14.08.2013.txt (24.3 KB, 109 views)
Old 19th October 2013, 00:02   #107
OctopussGarden

Well, I provided the WinAmp info report back in August. The silence is deafening.
Any more suggestions ?
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support