Old 6th June 2000, 01:02   #41
RileyG

Hey Corina, thanks for your ICQ number it helps me alot. IF I HAD ICQ!!!!! COuldn't you just tell us your e-mail address so we can mail you for it , because not everyone has ICQ!

------------------
. ·:· º RileyG º ·:· .
RileyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2000, 01:19   #42
RileyG

Quote:
Originally posted by James_az:
I do need the codec, I just need to remember to ICQ u from home tonight. I am at work and the firewall prevents us from using ICQ. =(

Thanks,
James

Yeah, I need the codec too, but I dont have ICQ!!!!!!!!! Can someone please e-mail me the codec at RileyG1999@aol.com Thanks

------------------

[Edited by DJEgg on 12-19-2000 at 10:40 PM]
Old 6th June 2000, 19:53   #43
mjmattson

I did, but I didn't get a reply...is the ICQ # correct?
mjmattson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2000, 01:09   #44
mjmattson

I just tried Winamp 2.63...still not working...
Old 8th June 2000, 01:08   #45
RileyG

FINE!!!! MAKE ME DOWNLOAD ICQ!!!! bastards.....
Old 8th June 2000, 04:17   #46
RileyG

Quote:
Originally posted by RileyG:
FINE!!!! MAKE ME DOWNLOAD ICQ!!!! bastards.....
Actually, I take that back. i don't want to download ICQ, it's more than 6 mb!!!! Maybe when I get roadrunner, but for now I'd rather not put god 'ol AOL <snicker> through that kind of stress.

------------------

[Edited by DJEgg on 12-19-2000 at 10:42 PM]
Old 8th June 2000, 09:41   #47
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

See the "Hey DJ Egg" topic for my slightly wacky in-depth analysis !
It's GOT to help at least some, if not all, of you.

http://www.meggamusicweb.swinternet.co.uk

-----------
DJ-Egg

[Edited by DJEgg on 12-19-2000 at 10:45 PM]
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2000, 02:25   #48
IBSwan

For those of you having problems with the Winamp not working on your computer, just find someone to send you the MPEG player, download it and unzip it, then your Winamp will work great. If you need MPEG email me.

This will solve the problems everyone seems to be having with getting Winamp to accept their wave files and play. My WinAmp hasn't worked since I downloaded it, then today, I got MPEG, downloaded it, opened it and bingo, WinAmp works great. Let me know if you need it. IBSwan@aol.com
IBSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2000, 02:37   #49
forfi

Quote:
Originally posted by mjmattson:
Same here...I wonder what is going on...
It´s about wav files. Don`t know what happens but i do know older versions of winamp(1.69)
don´t have that problem.if you find out please let me know.
jor69@navegalia.com

[Edited by DJEgg on 12-19-2000 at 10:46 PM]
forfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2000, 23:05   #50
RileyG

Quote:
Originally posted by IBSwan:
For those of you having problems with the Winamp not working on your computer, just find someone to send you the MPEG player, download it and unzip it, then your Winamp will work great. If you need MPEG email me.

This will solve the problems everyone seems to be having with getting Winamp to accept their wave files and play. My WinAmp hasn't worked since I downloaded it, then today, I got MPEG, downloaded it, opened it and bingo, WinAmp works great. Let me know if you need it. IBSwan@aol.com
Hey, thanks for the MPEG, now my WinAmp works great! I've been waiting so long for it to work, and your the man that helped, thanks alot!

------------------

[Edited by DJEgg on 12-19-2000 at 10:48 PM]
Old 11th June 2000, 06:30   #51
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

YEEEEEEEHAR !

Now that everyone's happy again, maybe it'd be a good idea for an admin dude to close this thread . . . yes, maybe ?????
I mean, like . . . errrrm . . . 51 replies !

What an epic !
Maybe we should rename it to "Lord of the Wave Rings" ? : ?

------------------
DJ - Egg
^/^
`v
Old 12th June 2000, 16:50   #52
mjmattson

I don't think this thread should be closed at all. The question still remains as to what happened (and is still happening with Winamp 2.64). I contacted MS tech support about this and they are very concerned about what is happening here. The MPEG codec installation exe that I used that fixed the problem (and Thank you for that) is not even for .wav files, it is for mp3's. The MS tech lead that is handling this case is wondering how that would have fixed a problem that was caused by an installation. His theory is that it forced all the codec's to re-register themselves, but is not yet sure. That MPEG exe is not even shipped with Win9x/NT only Win2000 so it's really a bandaid here.

The true question is what Nullsoft's product is doing to Windows on install. That is what needs to be addressed. I really don't want to install any futher versions of Winamp on my machine if things like this are going to happen and Nullsoft is going to take the "hand's off" approach like they have been doing. What will happen next?

This needs to be researched and ADDRESSED!
Old 13th June 2000, 04:53   #53
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

mmmm . . . interesting . . .

I'm intrigued !

I'd really appreciate it if you could you let me know the outcome of the MS Tech inquiry.

I have my theories . . . but I'd rather choose the "5th" for now !
As you say, this IS quite a serious issue and it DOES need to be officially addressed !

Cheers -> Egg.

------------------
DJ - Egg
^/^
`v

[Edited by DJEgg on 12-19-2000 at 10:49 PM]
Old 19th June 2000, 06:13   #54
mjmattson

Microsoft said that as far as they could tell, the MPEG Layer-3 codec installer caused the codec's to re-register themselves with Windows. It appears that the Winamp install somehow caused the "loss" of the existing codec.

The files that I want to play are labeled as WAV, but they are really in WAV format with MP3 headers. Valid files if you have the codec to use. Seems that winamp 2.63 somehow "unregistered" the codec I needed.
Old 19th June 2000, 06:26   #55
mjmattson

Microsoft said that as far as they could tell, the MPEG Layer-3 codec installer caused the codec's to re-register themselves with Windows. It appears that the Winamp install somehow caused the "loss" of the existing codec.

The files that I want to play are labeled as WAV, but they are really in WAV format with MP3 headers. Valid files if you have the codec to use. Seems that winamp 2.63 somehow "unregistered" the codec I needed.
Old 20th June 2000, 00:43   #56
peter
ist death

I've got tired of reading your complains...
I have written a proggie called 'WinRipper' - it extracts sound from everything. I've just made it possible to convert MPEG layer 3 WAVs to normal MP3s so you can listen to them using Winamp without any lame external codecs.
Go get it at http://www.geocities.com/pp_666/ripper.htm
If something bad happens after converting these files, email me (use links on my web page).

[This message has been edited by PP (edited June 19, 2000).]
peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2000, 03:42   #57
mjmattson

Problem is not with me, Winamp went crazy after 2.62...blame Nullsoft. If they were removing support or changing how Winamp works they could have at least explained this. I'm happy that you do conversions. I don't want to have to do that and I shouldn't have to do that.

I know that Winamp is free and I do enjoy it, but somethings need to be either tested more extensively or debugged with a lot of people say that they can no longer play files with the application when a new version is released.

Sorry that those of us with the wav file problem irritate you...you could just ignore the posts...
Old 20th June 2000, 04:55   #58
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

FAO : mjmattson

Could you possibly post a link to a site where I can download one of these MP3-WAV files so I can test out a theory or two ?!?

Firstly, I want to check to see if I get the same problems . . . although, as I said earlier, WAV is still associated with MediaPlayer on my comp . . . and nearly all my audio tracks are MP3 / RealAudio / and various MODule Formats . . .

To me they sound like they're just newly formatted compressed waves, rather similar to the WMA concept.

RU sure that older versions of Winamp used to play the exact same files, or is it just a problem with the very latest WAV downloads ?
Like I said earlier, it's very possible that WinAmp doesn't support this "new" format !
Maybe, in time, they'll include a relevant plugin in future versions ?

Does Winamp [and all other programs] now play these files since you ran the MPEG Layer3 Codec installer ?

I really find it hard to believe that the installation of Winamp could have caused such problems, because all the included files go only in to the Winamp folder . . . it doesn't overwrite or place anything in the Windows System folder [which is where the MCI Codecs are situated].
What you are saying is that it is apparently overwriting codec related keys and strings in the Windows Registry . . . but MCI has plenty of backups in the Registry, all of which are quite easily retrievable !
However, I still find this hard to believe. Maybe this is a question that Justin alone can answer ??? Have you tried posting a thread in the Justin's YadaYada Forum ???
Have you noticed the entry in the 2.64 "What's New" text file . . . [Quote] "Justin can't code" !?! I wonder ?!?

Anyway, post me that link and keep in touch . . . and hopefully we'll finally get to the bottom of this once and for all !
Hopefully, I won't require any programs such as MPEG Player or WinRipper . . . we shall see !

Yup, I'm sure one helluva very determined kinda dude . . .

------------------
DJ - Egg
^/^
`v
Old 20th June 2000, 12:57   #59
peter
ist death

Just one more thing to say. Technically, these MPEG layer 3 WAVs are normal MP3s enclosed in all that RIFF crap. If llamas were less lazy, they could easily make their MP3 decoder plugin play these files. Now go annoy them.
Old 21st June 2000, 05:39   #60
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

I thought as much !
RIFF's eh ?!?!
Pah . . . CDex is all you'll ever need !

After all, a truly simple solution !

Ta rasclat bumberfish bloodclat ting !

Over & out

------------------
DJ - Egg
^/^
`v
Old 27th June 2000, 22:51   #61
peter
ist death

Yes, CDex converts these files too.
Note that CDex menu command names are a bit confusing - all WAVs (including those huge ones) are RIFF files. I dunno why do they say RIFF-WAV to describe MPEG-layer 3 compressed WAVs.
Old 5th July 2000, 07:54   #62
Red M&M

Send a message via ICQ to Red M&M
Quote:
Originally posted by James_az:
...I am at work and the firewall prevents us from using ICQ.
You should DownLoad the new ICQ 2000 to use behind firewalls.

------------------
Red M&M
Melts in your mouth, not in your hand!

[Edited by DJEgg on 12-19-2000 at 10:54 PM]
Red M&M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2000, 07:58   #63
Red M&M

Send a message via ICQ to Red M&M
I got the hook-up
Check out http://members.aol.com/networldb/winampfix.html
There is a verified fix there. It worked for me. All you have to do is click on the file when downloaded, nothing else. You don't even have to really know anything about computers!!!

------------------
Red M&M
Melts in you mouth, not in you hand!

[This message has been edited by Red M&M (edited July 05, 2000).]
Red M&M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2000, 16:43   #64
al0nsito

Quote:
Originally posted by corrina dale:
I had same thing now have file to fix it ICQ me at 5448879 if you want the file
I need the file, i need to listen my wav files please
thank you
my e-mail is al0nsito@teleline.esal0nsito

[Edited by DJEgg on 12-19-2000 at 10:58 PM]
al0nsito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2000, 21:36   #65
RoseZ10

Send a message via ICQ to RoseZ10
I went to the link that I recieved from the prior post of DJegg...I used the last link on that page to fix "Can't Find Destination Format" it worked....altho I didn't put it in a folder of its on that was recomended I downloaded it to my Wav Folder where I have all my sound and music player stuff...I had to do it twice before it worked...now i can download and play all my sound wavs..

------------------
RoseZ10
RoseZ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2000, 08:32   #66
chriscrx24

hello l download it winamp at a freinds and l cannot get it to make waves can you please help me the winamp is in my draught name
thank you debraburke1@hotmail.com
Old 2nd March 2001, 21:43   #67
Gordon_1

Quote:
Originally posted by DiegoM
I try to play wav files and get this error message: Couldn´t find destination format. Whats must I do?
http://members.aol.com/networldb/winampfix.html
Gordon_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2001, 21:46   #68
Gordon_1

Could't find destination format (FIXED HERE)

It worked for me let me kknow if it works for you
Old 3rd March 2001, 19:41   #69
Gordon_1

It worked for me ......Would like to know if it works for you

Old 3rd March 2001, 20:34   #70
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

We're all very very happy for you that it worked . . . yeeharr!
However, was it really essential to bring back to life a 6 month old thread, and then to post the same message 3 times? Besides, only the few people that are actually experiencing the mmsystem032 error are going to need the fix, and most of them have already responded over 6 months ago (if not in this thread above, then somewhere else on the forums).
Please don't post the same message again. Once was more than enough
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support