Old 28th April 2010, 01:35   #1
EastonRoyce

Change sc_trans2 title update format

Hi Everyone,

I do apologize for asking a question that has possibly been asked elsewhere, and being so long winded about it. I have searched and searched these forums for hours, without finding a solution, nor a definitive answer.

I figured I would create this thread instead, so that others like me can quickly get the solution or the answer instead of literally searching the thousands of threads.

I am using sc_trans2 and noticed that it sends the title updates to shoutcast (and the listeners) in the following format:

artist - album - song title

For once and for all, is it possible or will it EVER be possible, to change the format to:

artist - song title

When playing songs from a playlist?

The closest I can get to this is by disabling usemetadata:

usemetadata=0

and setting metadatapattern to:

metadatapattern:*\%N.* (which is the default value, if you only disable usermetadata).

Which formats the title updates as follows:

tracknumber - artist - song title

I could be wrong, but I believe metadatapattern is for creating a metadata title of the song, based off of the file name, and/or directory location. So it's likely I am going about this the wrong way. If I'm not, is possible to strip out the 'tracknumber'. I've tried all sorts of combinations based on the docs.txt file, but I really don't understand how the metadatapattern format works.

In either case, using sc_trans2, is it possible to achieve the title format: artist - song

ANY useful comments or suggestions would be most appreciated.

Again, I do apologize if these questions have been asked and answered elsewhere, in which case, please simply link me or redirect me there instead.

Thanks!
EastonRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 11:46   #2
nradisch

"Use the docs Luke...."

displaymetadatapattern

--Neil
nradisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 12:55   #3
EastonRoyce

Thank you Obi-Wan...

Thank you very much! However, what docs are you referring to? I couldn't find that parameter in either the docs.txt or api.rtf

Is there a website, wiki or somewhere else where documentation is being hosted?

Now if I can just find a way to get all this hair back on my head...
EastonRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 16:40   #4
nradisch

It's in docs.txt in the version release around February this year.

--Neil
nradisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 22:02   #5
acidrain97

metadatapattern:*\%N.*

what does this mean??

I am trying to do the same thing. the docs do not expain what %N or really how to set up this up. So can some please translate.

artist - title

If this is explained in the docs where is it. Can someone please help with this.

thanx
acidrain97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 22:05   #6
DrO

http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcas...ata_Extraction

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 19:15   #7
acidrain97

read it

still do not understand

metadataPattern = */%R/%N.*
displaymetadatapattern = %R[ - ]%N

is it supposed to look like that??? because i can not get it to work. The instruction are not very clear of how this works. Can someone please tell me what i'm doing wrong.

artist - songtitle (station name)

thanx
Old 16th August 2011, 20:28   #8
DrO

the default format in the Transcoder will output artist - title as the metadata to clients by default (as determined by the displaymetadatapattern option when using the Transcoder).

for artist - title (station name), you'd need to do displaymetadatapattern = %R[ - ]%N (My Station).

however most clients will manually append (station name) when the stream is played and changing such things in the title formatting although possible is known to cause issues with the directory listings (if enabled) and some clients will mangle the title.

-daz
Old 16th August 2011, 22:52   #9
acidrain97

ok tried that

and still getting the artist - album - song title. I am using sc_trans 2 beta 5. Will that command work with this beta? Also does it also make a difference if i use centova cast to execute everything? I would use a higher beta but i want everything working before i decide to spend $5 for that licence.

I tried using sc_trans v1 after 24 hours it crash my VPS. So i'm hoping this will work a little better.

thanx
Old 17th August 2011, 09:08   #10
DrO

oh beta 5, that would have been useful to mention from the start but nevermind.

what i remember of the code before i changed it in build 48 (beta 5 is sometime before my working on the tools), the Transcoder was hard-coded to provide 'artist - album - song title' to clients irrespective of that config option in most cases.

if you want to try out the new sc_trans then you can just run the stream as an aac stream just for testing purposes. that way you can try things and don't have to pay for the license until you're happy.

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support

Tags
album, sc_trans2, shoutcast, title, updates