Old 18th February 2014, 13:39   #1
ElectricFox

Windows Compatibility Mode ??

Hi !

Since I downloaded Winamp 5.666 yesterday, I've been plagued with windows that say that it appears that Winamp has been started with Windows Compatibility Mode on.
They suggest that I click on Winamp.exe, go to compatibility, and uncheck "Run this program in Compatibility Mode for...". I didn't have to uncheck anything, as it wasn't checked the first time I went there.

Is this problem linked to Winamp 5.666 ?? What could I have done wrong? I can't use Winamp at all now, each time I try to start it, these windows appear.
I've another laptop that runs with Winamp 5.65, no problem there. And I had no problems on this laptop before.

Thanks for your help.
ElectricFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 13:42   #2
DrO

if using v5.666 build 3516 then that should not be happening. first check that is the version you're using (see the Winamp 5.666 release thread for downloads and plug-ins to patch).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2014, 12:15   #3
mihaicretu

It just doesn't work. I have the same problem with Winamp 5.666, windows 8 64bit. After 3 reinstalls, I gave up in downloaded an older winamp 5.623 from oldversion.com.
mihaicretu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2014, 19:49   #4
DrO

what specific build number were you using? as there is no reason for it to happen with build 3516 and if it is happening we would need you to check a value in the registry for us or there's an ini setting which can be applied to disable the prompt (as I wouldn't use 5.623 due its age and the security issues it has) - I just don't have the link to had for the details as I'm on mobile currently.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
compatibility mode, winamp, windows