Old 25th June 2014, 14:39   #1
ChiggyChiggy

SHOUTcast DSP causes display issues in Windows 7

Ive tried this on two separate computers so i really doubt this is from my machine. If you select the SHOUTcast DSP plugin and it shows you its config dialogue screen (this one http://i.gyazo.com/a309e324828e8c16a4c94e5f6048fc95.png) everywhere in windows has this annoying effect:

http://i.gyazo.com/e4877b8c4f62513dd14d3615e2b8b320.png

http://i.gyazo.com/a5cc38de54e3af700d4048f8df4b9bdb.png

A block of grey or some shade behind everything appears and theres no way to make it go except logging out of your computer account

*If you have issues with Winamp, ensure you have the currently latest version Winamp v5.666 build 3516 & its patches that fix several issues
*To remove the currently dead Winamp online stuff, see here: removing online stuff
*If you miss the Autotag feature: Gracenote CDDB Autotag alternatives
ChiggyChiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014, 14:52   #2
DrO

with what i remember of the Source DSP code, i don't see how that would be able to happen unless it's something else running on your system (maybe something with the video driver?) which is causing something very weird to happen with the custom drawing which is meant to be restricted to the Source DSP's dialog only.

not much i can suggest as i really cannot see the issue on my Win7 and XP setups (and even after taking screenshots to make sure i'd not missed something).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014, 15:28   #3
ChiggyChiggy

No other app has ever done this though, not even graphics card benchmarkers D: Its only when Winamp has that source DSP that it does it, without it it never happens.. am i really the only person this has ever happened to? o.O

*If you have issues with Winamp, ensure you have the currently latest version Winamp v5.666 build 3516 & its patches that fix several issues
*To remove the currently dead Winamp online stuff, see here: removing online stuff
*If you miss the Autotag feature: Gracenote CDDB Autotag alternatives
ChiggyChiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014, 15:40   #4
DrO

i can't answer that question as from the quick look i made, i couldn't find anything. maybe it is a bug in the plug-in (or even some sort of interaction with Winamp), but what i don't know and i'm somewhat clueless if i'm not able to replicate it.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support

Tags
display issue, shade, shoutcast bug, windows, windows 7