Old 25th May 2005, 18:28   #1
DarkestInferno

MultiMonitor Video support bug.

The OSD doesn't diappear on second monitor (it doesn't appear until you move the mouse on the screen, as normal, but never disappears). Works fine on Monitor 1.

[Edit --> DrO]
can't reproduce this with local files or streams in fullscreen on the second mon (tested on a nView dualview dual mon setup)
DarkestInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2005, 15:21   #2
DarkestInferno

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkestInferno
MultiMonitor Video support bug.

The OSD doesn't diappear on second monitor (it doesn't appear until you move the mouse on the screen, as normal, but never disappears). Works fine on Monitor 1.

[Edit --> DrO]
can't reproduce this with local files or streams in fullscreen on the second mon (tested on a nView dualview dual mon setup)
Tried a fresh install.

The OSD still isn't disappearing on Mon2, I have however noticed that it stops getting refreshed when it would previously disapear but not blacked over. Bug only present since 5.091.

Winamp 5.091 Full using modern skin.
Sys Specs: AMD Athlon 2600, 1GB DDR.
Video: Matrox G400 MAX (DH)
Sound Card: Sound Blaster Live
DirectX 9.0c
Old 28th May 2005, 12:07   #3
DarkestInferno

Bug still evident.

Winamp 5.092 Full using modern skin.
Sys Specs: AMD Athlon 2600, 1GB DDR.
Video: Matrox G400 MAX (DH)
DirectX 9.0c

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Posts split from sticky, and moved to own thread.
Can anyone else reproduce this?
Old 29th May 2005, 02:22   #4
Bikerwade

Send a message via ICQ to Bikerwade
maximize videos in monitor 2

I´ve experienced troubles in 5.091 and up.

If i have a video window open in monitor 2 and double-clicks in it, in order to maximize it, the videowindow blackens, my entire desktop hangs, while the sound of the video still plays... mouse still works, but nothing could be activated other than ctrl+alt+del starting processmanager, from wich winamp can be killed, and everything works fine again.
Bikerwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2005, 11:41   #5
DarkestInferno

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=217112

another guy with the same problems in tech support.
Old 29th May 2005, 12:04   #6
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Hmm, no, that doesn't seem like the same problem to me.
Similar, maybe, in that it's fullscreen/OSD related....

TobWen says that the seekbar (position marker) stops after a few seconds in fullscreen mode, and then works again when he manually moves it (or something like that... sorry, I wasn't sure if I even understood what he meant). But alas, no-one on the dev/beta team could reproduce it on a clean install of 5.092 (maybe we need a sample video?). There was also no mention of it being a multimon issue. As far as I can tell, TobWen is using a single monitor.

The only fullscreen OSD related issue we've been able to reproduce is when the pause button is clicked, and then after the OSD auto disappears, it doesn't return on mouseover. So it's possible that this bug could manifest itself differently on different systems. The code is being looked at and cleaned-up/optimized for the next release(s).

Edit: And we also know about the issue where the OSD stays onscreen in DirectDraw mode (ie. with Overlay unchecked in Prefs).
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2005, 23:18   #7
DarkestInferno

Precisely, his OSD seekbar stops after a few seconds. When it should be being blacked out. Then works again when he moves the mouse, when the OSD refreshes.

Sounds like exactly the same problem to me, just described by side effects rather then symptoms... however he may (don't know if he was running dual screen or not, though I agree it is unlikely) have it on Monitor 1, and I have it on /only/ Monitor 2.

So we are looking for a difference between my two monitors that matches one of his. lol.

There are a few hardware differences between the two monitors even though it a duel-head card, I have matching Monitors too not that it matters. I /think/ there is a difference in the 'overlay'? If that means anything to you guys? though this may be a wild goose chase, but I know all videos usually play smoother on Mon 1.

I'm willing to do anything to help you out... just say what you want

Further interesting fact, if it helps at all... if the video is near 4:3 then the edges of the video will overwrite the OSD slightly, I don't have a true 4:3 image to see if it would completely refresh it.

Do you have a test screen or somthing, I might knock up a gridlater to try to test.

Thanks.

Dark.

--------------------------------

Ahah! after a bit of investigating I've found that I get the same problem on Monitor 1 if I turn off the Hardware Video Overlay, so it would seem to be connected to the problem.

I'm just going to see if I can reproduce this on any of my other boxes and I'll get back to you.

--------------------------------

Reproduced bug on another box:

Winamp 5.091 Full using modern skin.
Sys Specs: AMD K62 500, 512MB SD.
Video: Matrox G400 (SH)
DirectX 9.0c

Switched off the Hardware Video Overlay, and boom, the bug reared its ugly little head

Want me to try it in another box without a Matrox card?

Another quick note, in trying to reproduce this bug I noticed the bug you mentioned about the pause button hiding the OSD, so count that reproduced too *grin*

Last edited by DarkestInferno; 2nd June 2005 at 00:52.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports