Old 30th December 2009, 00:43   #1
Abydos

Is the noob guide on milk.co.uk the latest one?

I'm gonna try me hand at some presets!
That guide is a bit old though.

Ta

I has me 11.5 foot wide 1080p projector in my bedroom now (can't smoke in there though, how much does that suck..)

I'm still using a 3500+ athlon and ancient card though, will uopgrade soon to a directx11 card and stuff
Abydos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 04:01   #2
Zylot
Major Dude

Use the one that comes with Milkdrop.

-------------
What do you wish for?
--Instrumentality
Zylot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 00:22   #3
Abydos

Ah, thanks.
It appears my maths skills are a bit rusty, I will go through a textbook! (I have never messed with code of any form before either)
I have starved my creative side all my life and am determined to produice something at least adequate here, I'm not planning on much randomness, I can see beautiful abominations that I want to recreate digitally.

However there is another problem, the guide seems based on modifying other's presets? I can't really learn like that, my brain fails.. I need to intimately know every litle piece. How do I start with absolute nothingness, no code, a blank screen? I apologise if I am being foolish and missed it.
Abydos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 02:04   #4
Zylot
Major Dude

Take a really old preset. One of mine, as most of mine are old.. ony with just movement and a simple wave.

Remove all from per frame/pixel and all pixel shaders if there are any. Then upgrade the pixel shader version if you need to, and save as ZZZZZZZZBLANK

that will give you a blank preset on the bottom of the list of presets in the folder.

-------------
What do you wish for?
--Instrumentality
Zylot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 17:06   #5
Amandio C

Change the name or move the folder MD is reading, then close and restart it. You will be shown a blank screen. Add
wave_a=0;
warp=0;
in the per-frame equations, save and you have a blank preset.
Amandio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets