Old 1st March 2003, 03:46   #1
lion2

Winamp Vs. Window Media

I must say that I love winamp. However, I just recently used windows media player and I love the way it organizes my music, its auto playlists, and the rating of your music.
I wish winamp had these features. Right now, I'm using WMP(Window Media Player) for personal use and if I throw a party I use Winamp because I have a plugin where I can control it from my pocketpc and also because it has a lot of excellent plugins.
Honestly, I prefer winamp to be an audio player then be a "Media" player. The develpoers should forget about video and concentrate on audio. I still refer people to winamp 2.x instead of winamp 3.x becaus 2.x is a lot faster for most users. I just hope that the Winamp team concetrates more on the users experience in playing music, because WMP is in the right direction.
I always use both players, but currently Im using WMP more because it's easier for me to find music. I would suggest that the Winamp team look at how WMP and iMusic for the MAC work. Those programs organize music so you don't have to look through your computer. I hope the winamp team reads this. If they do then I say "Thanks for an excellent product."
Old 1st March 2003, 03:58   #2
lion2

I'm sorry, I jusr realized that I should've put this post on the wish list message board.
Old 1st March 2003, 06:54   #3
sanosuke
Major Dude

u want winamp to be more of an audio player huh..well u can always install all the basics and there, basic player.

winamp3 is modular meaning that u can customise what u want to put in it. u can make big media player or tiny audio players, something windows media player can't do.

Big-assed signature deleted by errr.. whats his name again??
Old 1st March 2003, 10:33   #4
Russ
Mostly Harmless
(Alumni)

If you don't think we're looking, you're seriously wrong . Winamp 2 is still under development, and it's designed as another option - Winamp3 is there to go after the heavies such as WMP and iTunes, and Winamp 2 is there, just to play the music. Moved to the wishlist forum.

For long you live and high you fly, but only if you ride the tide, and balanced on the biggest wave you race towards an early grave.
|Musicbrainz|Audioscrobbler|last.fm|
Old 1st March 2003, 11:00   #5
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

edited by: DJEgg

[some crap was here]

lol
Old 1st March 2003, 16:04   #6
Bizzeh
Forum Pirate
Beta Team

windows media player has been in development for over 10 years now (not always had WMP name but. its still the same player) winamp has only been around since late 97, but winamp3 is a new player on a new platform and has only been in development for just over 2 and a half years... do you see the difference? and, there are 10's to 100's of people working on wmp and around 5 people at most working on winamp3.

imo. windows media player is very very good at playering video, sumthin winamp3 still needs to work on, but winamp 3 has a far better audio system and skin/script engine... personaly i use both for what there better at.. anywat, that me.

Bizzy
Old 6th March 2003, 20:58   #7
UpperKEES

Smile

If I understand well, WinAmp Media Library suffered most from AOL's rush to get the release version out. Nullsoft probably wouldn't like anything else than having the same or even better functionality than the Windows Media Player. I suppose we can expect this in one of the following releases soon! I am told to be patient for just a little longer, so we'll see...
Old 7th March 2003, 01:16   #8
lion2

Great! I cant wait till they have that!
Old 20th March 2003, 12:45   #9
Radeon

winamp 3 is so high tech,
i love it....
just want vcd dat file support
Old 20th March 2003, 15:33   #10
Bizzeh
Forum Pirate
Beta Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Radeon
winamp 3 is so high tech,
i love it....
just want vcd dat file support
when u open a file, just go to "all files" a dat is just a renamed mpeg1 file

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Winamp3 Discussion > Winamp3 Wishlist