Old 25th August 2014, 20:56   #1
Unknown Artist

[SPLIT] Authash creation issues due to DNAS access problems

I had issues with auth-hash and it took all the above fixes for it to work. The server was previously locking me out; asking for authentication every time to create the hash (admin/server login would not work). I had to add a different username per stream in the .conf like so:

username_x=anything

Then in order for that stream to work I had to use winamp's dsp plugin with that user and the stream's password and use only one genre exactly matching one top level in the directory (like Alternative). Previously I had no issue leaving the dj/username portion blank but I guess version 2.2.2 likes to be exact. To make sure everything was fine though I clicked the manually edit option and copied and pasted it into the .conf myself.

streamauthhash_x=copypaste

Sadly though I found that listing the station publicly changed the .pls, .m3u and other files with the local ip I had binded the server to with destip, which rendered playback impossible. I would have thought that the files would always point to the right url or ip since the private server worked, I'd have thought they operated the same. I was sure there'd be a configuration option to fix this, but until I find a work around the destip issue I won't be listing my station as public. It was pretty cool until I noticed though.

What I do with SHOUTcast otherwise on TuneIn
Unknown Artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2014, 21:16   #2
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Artist View Post
I had issues with auth-hash and it took all the above fixes for it to work. The server was previously locking me out; asking for authentication every time to create the hash (admin/server login would not work). I had to add a different username per stream in the .conf like so:

username_x=anything
there is no such configuration option with the DNAS so i'm not at all sure what you've set / done.

Quote:
Then in order for that stream to work I had to use winamp's dsp plugin with that user and the stream's password and use only one genre exactly matching one top level in the directory (like Alternative).
something does not sound at all right with the setup as any of the genres in the values provided by the Source DSP (am assuming the current v2.3.4 release) will work - if using an older version of the plug-in then that might explain most of the problems with the setup.

Quote:
Previously I had no issue leaving the dj/username portion blank but I guess version 2.2.2 likes to be exact.
that value is not checked / compared as mentioned above and is just a way to identify the current connection. it was only used as an actual value if connecting to the now defunct sc_trans auto-dj.

Quote:
To make sure everything was fine though I clicked the manually edit option and copied and pasted it into the .conf myself.

streamauthhash_x=copypaste
that should have been automatically saved into the configuration file unless there's a permission issue (which would also have been noted in the DNAS's log output if that was the case).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2014, 02:07   #3
Unknown Artist

Quote:
there is no such configuration option with the DNAS so i'm not at all sure what you've set / done.
I'm honestly not sure either. I know you're familiar with the source code, but these are the steps I took that let me get past the authentication popups. All I know is that adding username_x doesn't crash the server when it's in the .conf and that's what appears to be letting me get past the popups.
Quote:
that should have been automatically saved into the configuration file unless there's a permission issue (which would also have been noted in the DNAS's log output if that was the case).
Nailed that one on the head, I'm using a cloud hosted solution so the way I worked around that was creating the .conf from scratch before the server starts, which I'm also hoping will let me scale and relay several servers to increase the bandwidth (it's a project). It also is likely why I'm in a pickle with the destip option since I can't have the server bind to just any ip, now that I know it changes the .pls and other said files I'm trying to figure another way around.

What I do with SHOUTcast otherwise on TuneIn
Unknown Artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2014, 02:21   #4
DrO

with the binding issue, i have to refer you to the comments i made in my email reply for trying to work out a) what is actually going on and b) what we can consider for a solution.

either way, without knowing what platform you're actually using to run this all on (linux, windows / azure or some other solution), it's hard to make any sort of true starting point for working out why you're having such weird issues and what can be changed / fixed as applicable.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support