Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support

Old 16th November 2012, 09:02   #1
jbwaf

My ShoutCast station does not show up in ShoutCast Radio app for iPhone (Dec 4, 2012)

Hi,

My ShoutCast station ("SciTechTalk") does not show up anymore in ShoutCast Radio app for iPhone since a few days.
I think this problem started around 13 nov 2012.

The strange thing is, that it IS listed in the Shoutcast YP Radio Directory:
http://www.shoutcast.com/Internet-Radio/scitechtalk
shows all 3 streams of SciTechTalk !

At this moment I CAN play the streams of SciTechTalk
in my ShoutCast Radio app for iPhone
(I use it on my iPad, already for more than 1 year without problems),
when I start them via the Favorites - entries in this app !
They do NOT stream anymore when I go to : Stations - Talk - Technology in this app,
because they are simply not visible anymore.

Have a good day !

Jan Bours

Also the log output of my ShoutCast DNAS V2 server does not show any errors
that could explain this error.
jbwaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2012, 11:12   #2
DrO

it's something to do with the outage we had a few days ago and how things work on the API and how WAFA does things. i will try to look into it but is going to be a few days as key issues from the outage are my priority at the moment.

and with the favourites thing, stationid's changed unfortunately which would explain that.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2012, 12:02   #3
jbwaf

Thank you for your quick answer!
This saves me a lot of work, because I was under the impression it was something going wrong here on my side !

What I forgot to mention: I tried several other ShoutCast apps on both of my iPads,
and all of them showed the same problem of not listing my station in the relevant
radio directory !

I will check every day if it is back to normal again and let you know if it is !

Regards,

Jan Bours
SciTechTalk - Internet Talk Radio - About Science and Technology in the broadest sense
Old 16th November 2012, 17:22   #4
DrO

looks like there was a caching issue in the system as i'm getting at least 2 of the listings appearing now. it's actually something we're trying to resolve anyway but is likely going to be early next week before we have a proper solution in place.

-daz
Old 16th November 2012, 17:46   #5
jbwaf

I just checked: my station SciTechTalk is listed again in the iPhone app !
Thank you !

Jan Bours
SciTechTalk - Internet Talk Radio - About Science and Technology in the broadest sense
Old 4th December 2012, 02:06   #6
jbwaf

My ShoutCast station does not show up in ShoutCast Radio app for iPhone (Dec 4, 2012)

Hi,

I have got the same problem again as on Nov 16 this year!

For brevity I have put a copy of my problemreport beneath.

Jan Bours

========================================================

My ShoutCast station does not show up in ShoutCast Radio app for iPhone
Hi,

My ShoutCast station ("SciTechTalk") does not show up anymore in ShoutCast Radio app for iPhone since a few days.

The strange thing is, that it IS listed in the Shoutcast YP Radio Directory:

At this moment I CAN play the streams of SciTechTalk
in my ShoutCast Radio app for iPhone
(I use it on my iPad, already for more than 1 year without problems),
when I start them via the Favorites - entries in this app !
They do NOT stream anymore when I go to : Stations - Talk - Technology in this app,
because they are simply not visible anymore.

Have a good day !

Jan Bours

Also the log output of my ShoutCast DNAS V2 server does not show any errors
that could explain this error.
Old 4th December 2012, 10:53   #7
DrO

i've merged the thread as just referring to an existing thread isn't very helpful when it's the same issue.

there are no known issues with the data that is being provided in the system which the app would then be able to obtain. i can only assume that the app is caching things longer or not pulling down data from the API services as there is nothing in what i can check (even WAFA finds them) which would otherwise explain it not appearing for you.

-daz
Old 4th December 2012, 16:26   #8
jbwaf

I will try restarting my ShoutCast server at a moment there are no listeners
and see if this makes any difference !
My only concern at this moment is that people won't see my station listed
if they exclusively make use of the ShoutCast app !

If they go to http://www.shoutcast.com/radio/Technology they see it listed as before,
I just checked that, so I agree that the problem must have something to do
with the way the ShoutCast app is handeling things.

If things change I Will report that here.

Regards,
Jan Bours
Old 4th December 2012, 16:30   #9
DrO

restarting is unlikely to help as everything is correct in all of the systems which feed apps. so most likely this is an iPhone app issue (though why it's not getting the data i do not know and as said i cannot test).

i realise that you're possibly loosing listeners but there is little that can be done when everything that i'm able to check is showing that your station is recognised and listed.

-daz
Old 5th December 2012, 00:50   #10
jbwaf

I am afraid you are right, although the previous time this has happened I remember you responding "... looks like there was a caching issue in the system as i'm getting at least 2 of the listings appearing now. ...", and the problem vanished.
So I was hoping the same thing was going on now also .... ???
Old 5th December 2012, 01:10   #11
DrO

if it was like before then i would have said. i've no idea why it's not working for you on your device as no matter what i look at, the 3 servers are listed and recognised in everything i'm able to look at (though on WAFA i only see the 2 MP3 in the emulator i'm using) from the data coming from the DNAS to what is provided via the site and API (which comes from the same source).

so i have to assume it must be an issue with the iPhone app but i cannot confirm that as being right or wrong - the best i can do is ask someone else and if they don't see it then it'll hopefully get logged as an issue to be resolved the next time someone works on the app (thankfully that is not me for a change).

-daz
Old 5th December 2012, 01:49   #12
jbwaf

I have just sent an email to tech support of the ShoutCast app (iphone@shoutcast.com), with the following text, hoping that they can find a solution:

"hi, as a very frequent user of your ShoutCast app and being a Shoutcast broadcaster myself, I often tune in on my own radiostation via this app. Recently I am encountering some strange behaviour of the app: my station not being listed in the radiodirectory inside the app, while at the same instant my station is listed where it should be listed, namely at the URL: http://www.shoutcast.com/radio/Technology, where it is correctly displayed as 'SciTechTalk'. I have placed this problem report also at the Winamp technical forum, but there seems to be no problem in the ShoutCast IT-infrastructure. It has to be something to do with the way this ShoutCast app is handling the communication with the radiodirectory / Yellow Pages I think. I hope you can find a solution for this annoying problem ! Regards, Jan Bours"

I hope this will do the trick ....
Old 5th December 2012, 02:06   #13
DrO

i don't know why i bother at times as doing that is just more likely to waste other peoples time (assuming it is even read by someone as i've never come across that email before) and now means i've had to waste my time replying to this when i shouldn't have needed to *grumble*

i said i was going to get someone else to test it and that is other members of the team as being the SC tools developer, strangely enough i know the people to ask who also have iPhones to see if it happens or not for them. just that as it was 2am (now 3am) my time and 9pm (now 10pm) where they are when i made my previous reply it meant i'm not going to get a reply until tomorrow at some point in the day. that is why i said it was going to be looked into.
Old 5th December 2012, 02:48   #14
jbwaf

I did not mean to upset you, just trying to be proactive ..... :-) !!

I will wait patiently now.
Old 8th December 2012, 16:40   #15
jbwaf

Today I have tried to update the autohashes for the 3 streams of my station (SciTechTalk).

This only succeeded for the third stream (24 kbps stream in the Talk - Technology directory). And indeed: this stream is listed again as usual in a number of ShoutCast-apps on the iPad !

The bad news is, that updating of the autohashes of the other 2 streams failed,
giving me the following error:

Error Code: 459.
"Authhash could not be found for reading"

Also I am getting the following advice:
"If there is a problem or your IP changes and you need to manage your authhash
then you will need to contact support via this forum thread to get the issue fixed:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=331394".

So that is what I will do.

I hope this give the clue needed to solve the problem !

Regards,

Jan Bours
Old 8th December 2012, 17:21   #16
jbwaf

Problems with update (and removal) of authhashes

I am experiencing problems with update (and removal) of authhashes of 2 of the 3 streams of my ShoutCast station SciTechTalk.

Problems started when my ShoutCast station did not show up anymore in the ShoutCast Radio app for iPhone/iPad

The strange thing is, that the 3 streams ARE listed in the Shoutcast YP Radio Directory:

Today (Dec 8 2012) I have tried to update the autohashes for the 3 streams of my station (SciTechTalk) in an attempt to solve this problem.

This only succeeded for the third stream (24 kbps stream in the Talk - Technology directory). And indeed: this stream is listed again as usual in a number of ShoutCast-apps on the iPad ! (I tried this with several ShoutCast apps on different iPads).

The bad news is, that updating of the autohashes of the other 2 streams failed,
giving me the following error for both streams:

Error Code: 459.
"Authhash could not be found for reading"
while trying to update the autohash,

and

Error Code: 464.
"Authhash could not be found or removed"
while trying to remove the autohash.

The operating system I am running the DNAS on is:
Windows 7 Ultimate.

The browser and the version of it I am using:
I have tried it with both:
Google Chrome, Version 23.0.1271.95 m and FireFox 17.0.1
giving me both the same errors !

I think it is important to repeat, that that upafting of the autohash DID SUCCEED
for 1 of the 3 streams!

I hope you can solve this issue.

Thanks in advance and have a good day.

Jan Bours
Old 9th December 2012, 12:02   #17
DrO

there is no need to be posting the same things all over the place when you've already got a discussion going. i realise you're trying to get a solution but you are now starting to waste my time and that will move you down my hectic todo list.

and as the authhash thread says, in the issue with not being able to update / remove, i need to be sent a pm with the affected authhash(s) and the appropriate IP address for the DNAS server that they need to be modified on.

-daz
Old 12th December 2012, 02:23   #18
jbwaf

I was able to update the 2 "bad-behaving" autohashes, and the corresponding are visible again in de radiodirectory of the iPad app !

So: problem solveld.

Thank you for your trouble.

Jan Bours
Old 12th December 2012, 09:30   #19
DrO

that makes no sense as issues like with authhash update failure flags up in one of my reports and none of your authhash did (and wouldn't have done since they were all reporting fine as being active as covered numerous times before). oh well, can drop this thread from being monitored.

=daz
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support

Tags
error, shoutcast radio app