Old 6th October 2016, 16:15   #1
error-404

Stream Url doesn't work most of the time

I have setup winamp 5.666 with Shoutcast DSP 2.3.5. and set the port on my router also to 8000 (and rebooted it to be sure).

When I try to test a song, everything looks like it works i.e. it connects on output 1 and sends the data as it shows in the status. On the Shoutcast stats page it even show what song is playing.

The problem is when I click on the link given, I rarely get it to work. I have managed 3 or 4 times to hear the test track but if I close everything down and start it up again then click on the same link but it just it just hangs trying to loadto the page or sometimes says file not found.

I restart everything and clear the browser and the Shoutcast one too but I don't get why it mostly won't work and then suddenly it does untill I restart it again.

Also, the given link also ends up with messed up formatting when put in the browser. It is supposed to say http://listen.shoutcast.com/error-404 but it turns into http://streaming.shoutcast.com/Error...2cen%3bq%3d0.3 instead (but it has worked using this wierd link on the occasions that it did play).

Can anyone help narrow down what is causing the problems?
error-404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2016, 23:11   #2
geniusbabak

Same problem here

I have the same problem!
geniusbabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2016, 02:13   #3
jaromanda
Forum King

if you're hosting shoutcast within a NAT'd LAN (setting port on router suggests you are), then, with 99% of routers you will not be able to connect from within the LAN to the WAN ip address and be redirected like you would be if you were outside your LAN

short version - get someone else outside your LAN to test it, or learn how networking works especially if you're going to host a service

"If you don't like DNAS, write your own damn system"

So I did
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2016, 12:51   #4
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Which browser? If Firefox, then it's a Firefox bug. The same happens with other non-SHOUTcast stream URLs.

I can assure you, for SHOUTcast Streaming Service, the listen.shoutcast.com/{mountpoint} links will load & play fine in Chrome, Edge, Safari & other browsers, plus all players such as Winamp, iTunes, WMP etc - as long as you are sending the stream to our server or you've uploaded a valid fallback file (at the same format & bitrate as the stream configuration).

Note that the ?lang= params are only auto-added when the links are parsed by browsers, and it's partly our way of preventing people from signing up and adding non-SHOUTcast stations/links to the RMO.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2016, 09:10   #5
error-404

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaromanda View Post
if you're hosting shoutcast within a NAT'd LAN (setting port on router suggests you are), then, with 99% of routers you will not be able to connect from within the LAN to the WAN ip address and be redirected like you would be if you were outside your LAN

short version - get someone else outside your LAN to test it, or learn how networking works especially if you're going to host a service
Hi, thanks for your reply but I did already have someone testing it as I am aware of all the above.
Old 28th November 2016, 09:13   #6
error-404

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
Which browser? If Firefox, then it's a Firefox bug. The same happens with other non-SHOUTcast stream URLs.

I can assure you, for SHOUTcast Streaming Service, the listen.shoutcast.com/{mountpoint} links will load & play fine in Chrome, Edge, Safari & other browsers, plus all players such as Winamp, iTunes, WMP etc - as long as you are sending the stream to our server or you've uploaded a valid fallback file (at the same format & bitrate as the stream configuration).

Note that the ?lang= params are only auto-added when the links are parsed by browsers, and it's partly our way of preventing people from signing up and adding non-SHOUTcast stations/links to the RMO.
Hi, thanks for replying. I am using Firefox so will try with another browser and make sure the testing person also uses another one too.

I am wondering if the problem isn't VPN related though as I use one. If so, do you know if there a way around the vpn being the problem or would i have to from disconnect it?
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support