Old 31st October 2014, 12:18   #1
oftt

Winamp Merchandising Store

Wouldn't it be a great idea to have a little Winamp shop connected to the main page? Where people could buy cups or t-shirts with their favourite audio player (logo) on it? And the earnings could be spent in the production of the new player(s)?

I'm quite sure there's loads of people who would love to buy some fan articles. Me being the first one!
oftt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2014, 12:23   #2
DrO

there was something like that previously (in the AOL era) and i don't think it ever got much traction / usage despite prior posts like your one now saying otherwise.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2014, 12:26   #3
oftt

There've been so many sad people when they heard about Winamp is shutting its doors last year, I guess a shop of that kind would really work. Given that the prices are human. Maybe if the production of a t-shirt would cost about USD 12.00 you might sell it for USD 17.00.
oftt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2014, 03:20   #4
Raj_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by oftt View Post
There've been so many sad people when they heard about Winamp is shutting its doors last year, I guess a shop of that kind would really work. Given that the prices are human. Maybe if the production of a t-shirt would cost about USD 12.00 you might sell it for USD 17.00.
I guess now is too early for such a shop. I would say concentrate on the release and put Winamp back on track. Also bring Winamp for Android in the scene again. Then further down the line a shop may make sense - I would love a black Winamp cup.
Raj_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Tags
articles, fan, merchandising, shop, winamp