Old 9th March 2003, 03:16   #1
jennings

playlist shuffle problem

The shuffle on my Winamp is screwed up; half of the songs get ignored all the time. I have a playlist with 1600 songs, and Winamp only chose the first 600 over a 100 song period (the probability of that is 2.53x10^-43). I tried changing the shuffle window size (no result), and I reinstalled Winamp (again, no result). Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old 9th March 2003, 03:23   #2
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Quote:
I tried changing the shuffle window size (no result)
I don't know what you mean by this but I can assure you that if you adjust it in this way, it most definitely will make a difference...

CTRL+P to open Preferences window
System > Playlists
Move the slider under Shuffle Window Size all the way to the right and also make sure that Shuffle is Enabled (checked)

But even though this will include 99% of all songs in any individual playlist so that they will be included in the shuffle, it is NOT a true shuffle at all. I say this because with a true shuffle, no one song is repeated twice. To TRULY get a shuffle, you must leave shuffle disabled, and then in the Playlist Editor, press the "Sort" button and then select "Randomize Order". That will randomize (shuffle) all the songs in the playlist and play EVERY one only one time.

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Old 14th March 2003, 01:58   #3
Mufasa245

Send a message via ICQ to Mufasa245
I've always wanted a 'weighted' randomizer. The impressive Linux/RIO/MPEG car CD player has one. I've always been disappointed with WinAmps shuffling. Just 'cause I have a song doesn't mean that I want to hear it just as often as some of my favorites. Unless someone can tell me where to find a good weighted plugin, I might have to just write my own. You think there would be enough interest in this for me to bother?
Old 19th March 2003, 14:51   #4
curls98

I think it would definitely be worth the time. I'm sure more people must also be unhappy with the current shuffle mode. I too have a large playlist consisting of over a thousand tracks, but even when playing a 10 track album it repeats songs before it's played them all. this isn't good eough is it?

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Winamp3 Technical Support