Old 29th June 2004, 01:29   #1
Mazanzy

"[Connection] Timed Out" for live stream

I only use Winamp to listen to a certain college radio station's live feed, so all I have to do is click the Winamp icon and click "Play," and get the message, "[Connecting] Source1."

Lately, though, it's been timing out. It's happened a few times before (like when the station's website is down), but there are currently no problems with the site or its live audio stream. I haven't been playing around with Winamp's controls - I don't know how to!

Is this something to be worried about, or should I assume it's an issue of the radio station's?

Thanks, and my apologies if this question is listed in the "Greatest Hits."
Mazanzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2004, 02:08   #2
JonnyMac

Try one or more of the following...
  • Clear the Internet cache
    MS Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options... > General tab > click the 'Delete Files' button under "Temporary Internet Files"
    -or-
    Control Panel > Internet Options icon > General tab > click the 'Delete Files' button under "Temporary Internet Files"
  • Make sure Winamp's 'Internet Connection Settings' correctly reflects your Internet connection
    Ctrl+P > General Preferences
  • Are you on a firewall? Make sure it is configured to allow Winamp full access. The same may apply for a privacy/content protector.

Also URLs for internet radio stations can change from time to time. If you are connecting from playlist(s) or bookmarks, try going to the Internet Radio section of the ML, SHOUTcast or the stations' web page to connect and update the url.
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support