Old 22nd February 2005, 12:32   #1
Wolfgang
Forum King

Fucking reporters

Even though I am not accosted by them (I am not in the public spotlight... yet), I can't stand the behaviour of reporters. They're all the same when you see them on TV or in the street, shouting and pushing and apparently trying to stick their microphones up the victim's nostrils. I can't stand that behaviour, and what has made me write this is this article:

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/media...420009,00.html

Ken Livingstone is the mayor of London. He has the balls to publicly admit to disliking Bush and is quite "controversial." Not because he actually is, but because standing up to your own opinions in politics is.
Anyway, he's compared a jounalist to a "concentration camp guard" because of his excessively pushy behaviour. The journalist works for the Daily Mail, who are an outfit of racist, right-wing arseholes.

Tony Blair has told him to apologise, as have people who survived the holocaust.

Quote:
Holocaust survivors who claimed his remarks made light of the real suffering felt by those who perished in the concentration camps.
Quote:
Lord Janner, president of the Holocaust Education Trust, said today it was "very disgracefully wrong of him" not to have apologised and called on Mr Livingstone to resign.
The latter's attitude pisses me off even more. The holocaust happened ages ago and what the hell is there to get touchy about? He compared the journalist, who is an irritating piece of shit, to a prison guard. So what?
"We are all responsible for our own actions." Damn right. Fuck off and leave the poor man alone.
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2005, 12:45   #2
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

The genocide of 6million or so Jews was and probably always will be a touchy subject that will invoke revulsion in many people for years to come, it's something that should neither be forgotten or joked about.

While I don't agree with Ken being hounded by reporters and neither do I have any love or respect for them, I do feel his choice of insults could have been a little more tactful.

It's pretty obvious that he thought about what he was doing when he said it , to come up with such a specific insult is hardly a coincidence, so it's pretty clear he set out to get the biggest reaction he possibly could from the reporter.

Let's face it, if he had said 'fuck off you annyoing cunt', then non of us would have ever heard about it, but because he choose to use something that would provoke a national recaction you can only guess that Ken being Ken set out to gain some form of publicity, albeit it bad publicity, but you know what they say, all publicity is good publicity.

He was into it for shock value only if you ask me, same with anything, if I say to a black guy "fuck off you dirty nigger" it would have me up on a charge no doubt, If I say "fuck off you dirty cunt" it's still an insult, but it's no where near as flamable.

Ken has always been a self seeking publicity hound, right the way back to his days in the GLC back in the 80's
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2005, 21:56   #3
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

I wouldnt say the Daily Mail are rascist arseholes, they just live by the principles we used to live under when we had an Empire.
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2005, 22:47   #4
shakey_snake
Forum Domo

Apparently no one involved has read:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...361995-3603034

elevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladylevitateme
shakey_snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2005, 01:09   #5
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Bilbo Baggins
I wouldnt say the Daily Mail are rascist arseholes, they just live by the principles we used to live under when we had an Empire.
So you mean they're imperialist arseholes.
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2005, 05:58   #6
Mattress
Forum King

I heard that the insulted reporter is Jewish.

Reporters may be assholes, but that doesn't mean everyone else gets a free pass. I can understand being pissed and saying something, but his refusal to apologize after the fact just shows that he's willfully being a dickhead.
Mattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2005, 06:03   #7
MegaRock
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to MegaRock Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRock
Quote:
Originally posted by Mattress
he's willfully being a dickhead.
In other words a typical reporter?

Megarock Radio - St. Louis Since 1998!
Don't click this link!
Corporate Radio Sucks! No suits, all rock!
MegaRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2005, 06:14   #8
Mattress
Forum King

I was talking about the mayor. he's the one who is refusing to apologize for his remark.
Mattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2005, 13:01   #9
Wolfgang
Forum King

I think we are all entitled to getting furious over someone being an pest and insulting them. You're right, maybe as a politician he ought to apologise, but I still think people ought to lighten up a bit. Even though the Holocaust was an atrocity, I still don't see where the connection is between comparing the reporter to a prison guard and how "his remarks made light of the real suffering felt by those who perished in the concentration camps."
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist