Old 7th June 2011, 12:04   #1
theweather

Time Markers / Audio Bookmarks

Hey!
I often listen to downloaded radio shows with winamp. These are often more than two hours long and I rarely listen to them in one piece.
I know there used to be something called time markers that allowed you to mark a specific time when listening to a file and start playing from this point the next time you start the program, but winamp 5 doesn't seem to have this.
Is there a way to make this work in winamp 5?
theweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 16:26   #2
theweather

Time Markers / Audio Bookmarks

Hey!
I often listen to downloaded radio shows with winamp. These are often more than two hours long and I rarely listen to them in one piece.
I know there used to be something called time markers that allowed you to mark a specific time when listening to a file and start playing from this point the next time you start the program, but winamp 5 doesn't seem to have this.
Is there a way to make this work in winamp 5?
theweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2011, 22:10   #3
DrO

if playing a podcast downloaded and tracked by Winamp via the library then you could try preferences -> media library -> history -> check 'Enable 'Resume Playback' control for podcasts'.

additonally, if it's just for when you close and restart Winamp then http://nunzioweb.com/daz/timerestore.html should do that which has options to restore the position for any file which was playing so isn't just podcast related and is only used on loading.

so between the 2 you might be able to achieve what you're looking for though there are old plug-ins which would do something like it as well but i don't know how well (if at all) they work with current Winamp installs now.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
bookmark, bookmarks, marker, time, time marker, time markers