Old 19th November 2007, 22:29   #1
Moeder

Problem - inamp recognizing of U3smart usb

Hello,

Normally when you insert a portable device, when winamp is running, winamp should ask you to use the portable device.

My U3 Smart usb stick has 2 partitions:
1. one partition with the u3 software that is locked
2. a partition for your own data

However, when using an USB stick with 2 diskimages on it, it recognizes only one image.
What should i do to be able to send my playlist's music files quickly to my usb stick or SD card?

(normally i used format converter, but it takes me too much time and it's gotta be possible by this faster way of using the portables functions)

thanks in advance for caring, helping and reading
Moeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 23:48   #2
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
The annoying U3 feature fakes a CD drive (if I recall correctly) which Winamp will never try to use as a portable. In this case Winamp should still ask if you want to use the mass storage partition as a portable. Winamp should ask the same question for all flash card types that are in existence provided that they mount as MSC devices.

To use these things as a portable use the Send to: -> <your portable name> feature. The MSC devices will be assigned a drive letter in Windows Explorer which should be tacked onto the end of the volume name (if you gave it one). My example is called "USB Drive X:".

When you send files to portables they will be copied straight over unless they are an incompatible format, then they will be transcoded based on the settings in Prefs -> Media Library -> Portables -> <your portable name>. Look through all the tabs here so you can set it up correctly. Most importantly, don't forget to set the Supported Formats field on the advanced tab.

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
J_Darnley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2007, 18:08   #3
Moeder

in winamp, all that showed up was the fake cd partition of the u3 installation. the mass storage part didnt show up in winamp
Old 20th November 2007, 22:32   #4
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
Right. Did you install the portable plug-ins? Look for the pmp_usb.dll file in your plug-ins folder or in the Portables section on the Prefs. If it isn't there run the installer again and make sure you select the USB device support.

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
J_Darnley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2007, 16:46   #5
Moeder

I found the pmp_usb.dll file, though I reinstalled and still this function does not work.
Guess this is gonna be a difficult one.

-
The Portable USB device I use: Sandisk Cruzer USB Flash Drive 1gb, with U3 smart
winamp version 5.5
windows xp
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support