Old 14th October 2003, 03:06   #1
Mr_Tough_Guy
Major Dude

iphist.dat

For months I've been finding weird files in various folders on my computer, all named iphist.dat with a size of 0 kb, since they've showed up in folders were I was sure they shouldn't have been like my Mp3 folder, I've always removed them.

but recently they've been showing up on my desktop, and I finally found out where they came from, everytime I close winamp this file appears on my desktop, anyone know how I can make this stop, or at least get it to not show up in places it shouldn't be (like my desktop, or my MP3 folders)
Mr_Tough_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2003, 05:24   #2
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/defau...&virus_k=99437

Might want to consider running a virus scan.

Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2003, 12:09   #3
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Have you got the MikroAMP plugin installed on your system?

An early version of this that was published on winamp.com had a slight bug in it that left this iphist.dat file behind when you closed winamp, it's a code residue, delphi poop someone called it.

Try unistalling that and downloading and installing a new copy.

Failing that, try disabling any other 3rd party plugs you may have and see if it still leaves the file behind when you close up.

My guess is on MikroAMP, as I had the same problem, in fact I found the bug in the first place heh

edit, found this quote for THEMike , on 10th of April this year, just after the new version of MA had been uploaded to winamp.com, and just after I'd pointed out what iphist.dat was doing on my system...

Quote:
iphist.dat is almost certainly being created by TIDIPWATCH, a component that watches your IP addy to see if you are online. It's part of the Indy component suite I use it to see if you are online to try and load the skinmaster mikroamp page.

Why the fuck it's leaving files on your system I don't know. But the last builds of MikroAMP are with a new version of the component.

/loads code

Damn it. The iphistory property was set to true, so it was creating the iphist.dat files in whichever folder was the active folder when winamp was launched. Damn
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2003, 17:49   #4
Mr_Tough_Guy
Major Dude

Thanks Mr Jones, I do have mikroamp installed, and it is an early version, I'll go and install a new version and see if that does the trick
Mr_Tough_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support