Old 29th May 2010, 17:33   #1
End

Help with Shoutcast D.N.A.S?

If anyone can help me, I'll be forever grateful..

So. I installed everything needed, edited the config of the Shout cast server and did all the things needed for the Winamp player. The only thing that boggles my mind is how to access the D.N.A.S status page. I was told to put (ip) : (port). I did that (without parenthesis). It was supposed to bring me to my status page but, what happened was totally different.
When I put in the ip and port, it said "Problem loading page. Unable to connect Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at (my ip) : (port).
* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Now. I tried everything except for --->If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Because I have no idea what it is. I'm really bad when it comes to technology but I'm trying to learn..If you can help me, that would be great. And for future reference, this is also what happened on the Shout cast Server:

<05/29/10@12:27:32> [source] connected from 127.0.0.1
<05/29/10@12:27:33> [source] icy-name: DJ Dezz ; icy-genre:Mix
<05/29/10@12:27:33> [source] icy-pub:1 ; icy-br:128 ; icy-url:writersguild.ucoz.org
<05/29/10@12:27:33> [source] icy-irc:#shoutcast ; icy-icq:0 ; icy-aim:N/A
<05/29/10@12:27:44> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave error (nak)
<05/29/10@12:27:44> [yp_add] yp.shoutcast.com gave extended error (Cannot see your station/computer (IP: (ip : port) from the Internet, disable Internet Sharing/NAT/firewall/ISP cache (Connection timed out).)
<05/29/10@12:28:15> [source] no data (30s timeout). disconnecting.

Thank you again in advance, I hope you can find a solution to this problem. Thank you <3

Last edited by End; 29th May 2010 at 17:36. Reason: Minor Mistakes
End is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 17:57   #2
Brutish Sailor
Major Dude

Send a message via Skype™ to Brutish Sailor
watch my video, this should help.
http://hobbycaster.com/2010/05/23/diy-shoutcast/

the DNAS is your IP : port.

KNSJ.org 89.1 FM San Diego
Brutish Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 15:19   #3
Spiney

Capture to VLC

I use Shoutcast with no port forward as I don't stream out to the web, but I create a nice session that converts straight into mp3, using VLC, I input the address into VLC and then, encode to 192bps, and capture the stream, this is a good way to get everything working first before you stream out to the web. Plus it's a great way to record shows with a mic using the line in on Shoutcast. I just use any mixer with line out to to line in on the Soundcard.
Spiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 23:27   #4
End

Thank you all for the input. Well, I actually have everything connected and streaming, the only problem is I can not access my D.N.A.S Status web page. I have no idea why. Everything is running smoothly. As well, When I try to embed the radio, using (http://cit.ucsf.edu/embedmedia/step1.php), it doesn't seem to work. I know in the tutorial on youtube that I watched, he said to use my ip address and the port. http://iport <---Btw I know my ip address, thank you very much lol. Anywhoo. If anyone has any idea's as to what I'm might still be doing wrong, please let me know. Thank you so much and sorry for the bother x( <3
End is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Tags
dnas, shoutcast