Old 3rd September 2010, 23:51   #1
St3f

Winamp Amiga .mod Playback

Hi guys,

Spent hours hammering Google about this one, cannot find anything to help, and as I'm sure I'm not the only person who has ever had this bother, I thought I may as well post here...

Some Amiga .mod music files had more than one track in them, a good example being a mod file called 'thosenine.mod'. It was the 9 tracks used in the Amiga game Twintris from many many moons ago.

Somehow (I can't remember because it was along time ago), I have converted the .mod file into a .wav file so it will play in Winamp, I may of used the oldskool plugin to do it, I can't remember, but will look into it later.

Anyway, so I have this 'thosenine' .wav file that plays in Winamp, all good so far...

Only problem is, Winamp only plays the first 9 positions of the file, which is the first piece of music, there are a total of 98 positions in the whole file, the other 79 are obviously the rest that make up the other 8 tracks of music.

If I right click the track in the Playlist Editor, then goto 'View File Info...', Winamp opens a window 'Module Info' that looks like this...

When played, it will only play 38 seconds, get to position 9 and then loops back to the beginning, if you have repeat on, if not it just stops.

So I presume Winamp must be aware that there is more past position 9, but how to get it to play it? That's where my bother lies. Now I might of missed the obvious, and I'm sorry if I have, but I cannot seem to find anywhere, settings or otherwise, that I can make Winamp play anything other than the first 9 positions.

Also, as a side request, if I am able to split them up in Winamp, am I able to save them seperatley as well as mp3s?

There might be a few other programs out there that can handle this, if there is, I cannot find any that are Windows 7 compatible or that are easy to use, and if I'm being honest I use Winamp to do just about everything audio/visual on my PC, and as it seems to have a dedicated 'module player', it would be nice to use Winamp instead of using something else, but I will happily use something else if Winamp is unable to do this of course

Any help on this would be greatly appreiciated as my final goal is to split them up and save them as seperate mp3 files so I can use some of them as ringtones, but I've stumbled over the first hurdle it seems

P.S. Just noticed on the screenshot I added that is shows the track length as 38 minutes, not sure where it has got that info from as the Playlist shows it as being 38 seconds long, and I'm sure, that all 9 tracks barely get over 5 minutes, nowhere near 38

TIA/Regards

Stef
St3f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2010, 01:04   #2
JonnyMac

1. Winamp > Ctrl+P (for Preferences)
2. Plug-ins > Input
4. Nullsoft Module Decoder > Configure button
5. Player tab > check-mark 'Continue Play After Loop'
6. close out of Prefs.

AFAIK there is not a way to play the "tracks" one at a time. If you are using Winamp to record the tracks as individual MP3s you may have to record the mod file it as one MP3. Then use a audio editor such as Audacity, to split the one MP3 file into several.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2010, 01:24   #3
St3f

Thanks for the very swift reply JonnyMac, very helpful and has done exactly what I was looking to do, I'm sure I can find a program to split the mp3 up, infact I've got Goldwave booting about here somewhere, that'll do it.

Thanks again...

Regards

Stef
St3f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2010, 01:34   #4
JonnyMac

You're welcome
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support