Old 15th September 2000, 05:48   #1
lzgf1

i heard that AAC system is better than MP3.and from Yahoo, i get known that just need a "K+K" plugin for WINAMP? but i didn't find it in WINAMP.com? where can i find it?
thank you.

from yahoo:
Best AAC programs are:

RIPPERS: EAC 081b (same as for MP2/MP3....)

PLAYERS:
WINAMP 2.xx+ K+K plugin

ENCODERS:
K+K AAC Encoder MP01
& K+K FRONTEND

lzgf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2000, 13:24   #2
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

OK, there seems to be some confusion here since you mistake AAC for TAC. Both of them are new file formats that are supposed to "kill" MP3. AAC is derived from the MPEG-2 technology. To encode files in AAC, you need CDEX and to play the encoded files in Winamp, you must first install the AAC plugin.
Now, TAC. This format has been created by this K+K company that you mentioned. There exists a plugin to play TAC files in Winamp, the problem is that TAC, unlike AAC, is not free. To create TAC files, you must purchase the encoder. The Winamp plugin is hereI have to say that for the moment, none of the so-called MP3 killer formats has actually convinced me. AAC files take lots of time to encode and the sound quality is not outstandingly superior to that of mp3s. If you're interested in new sound compresion formats, you may try Ogg Vorbis, it's the latest one (encoder is also available in CDEX, plugin to play the files in Winamp is available at http://www.vorbis.com ) I also tried it but here again, it seemed to me that MP3 sounded better. Seems like MP3 is going to rule for some time. Well, that's it. Hope it helps.

------------------
Twilightseer
This twilight garden turns into
A world where dreams are real...

[This message has been edited by Twilightseer (edited September 15, 2000).]
Twilightseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support