Old 22nd January 2015, 10:54   #1
Max Machina

saved playlists won't work on winamp

i customize my own playlists thru winamp, in ''media library'' / by saving or adding them there (i just drag the saved playlist and place it in media library - under the *playlists* section on the left). Basically, whenever im done listening to a playlist, i randomize its order over and over again to refreshen the listening experience,

but every now and then, or sometimes / they (playlists) wont load or play at all... so im forced to re-save a new playlist in my music folder for each and every time i want to listen to music.

(its corny)

help? (note, whenever i update winamp, it crashes. so im stuck with my current version wich dosent crash / 5.63)

this issue mostly occurs whenever i save or add a playlist into media library. Other than that, if the paylist is saved in my music folder (where all my mp3s are at)...it works okay
Max Machina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2015, 15:55   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

It could be due to intermittent issues with 'drag & drop' (problems have been reported now and then). You could use the media library playlist's context menu's import command instead, to add your playlists to the media library's listing. That method always works for me. However, I never use drag & drop with Winamp, so I'm not the best one to advise you on that.

Playlists that load and then skips through all the files listed usually means that Winamp can't find the files. The playlist probably doesn't have the full pathnames for the files listed in it. These kind of playlists only work if they are in the same folder with the songs listed in them.

As to new Winamp versions crashing, it could be due to incompatible 3rd party plug-ins you may be using or not installing the required patches that were provided separate from the installation packages. You can use the Winamp Info Tool (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=328932) to make an extended report of your installed configuration and attach it to a post. That way, knowledgeable forum members can provide their best advice for getting you up and running with the current version (and it's patches). Official support is only provided for the current version.

Winamp v5.9.1.10029 - Quinto Black CT v3.6 skin
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v22H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2015, 16:25   #3
Max Machina

wow, i see...

im new with computers stuff so its not all that clear to me lol

"You could use the media library playlist's context menu's import command instead, to add your playlists to the media library's listing. That method always works for me."

how do i do this? (thx again)
Old 22nd January 2015, 17:40   #4
Aminifu
Forum King

Your mouse should have at least 2 main buttons, left and right. In the media library, use the button on the right to click on the heading on the left-hand side named "Playlists". The various context menu commands will be listed, left click on the one you want.

You can right click on almost anything. Additional commands (context menus) associated with what you right click on will be listed. This works, more or less, everywhere with Windows, not just the Winamp program.

Old 22nd January 2015, 18:55   #5
Max Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Your mouse should have at least 2 main buttons, left and right. In the media library, use the button on the right to click on the heading on the left-hand side named "Playlists". The various context menu commands will be listed, left click on the one you want.

You can right click on almost anything. Additional commands (context menus) associated with what you right click on will be listed. This works, more or less, everywhere with Windows, not just the Winamp program.
so i right click *playlists* in the media library and import the list right?
Old 22nd January 2015, 19:21   #6
Aminifu
Forum King

Right. You can import what's currently in the Playlist Editor, or a particular playlist in a folder, or a whole folder of playlists.

Old 22nd January 2015, 19:32   #7
Max Machina

Quote:
Right. You can import what's currently in the Playlist Editor, or a particular playlist in a folder, or a whole folder of playlists.
thx. (i imported the list)

one more problem tho, just recently i tried saving a playlist / but cant find the m3u file (odd)

whats up with that (it worked fine up until today, maybe i should just restart my pc?)

note: i tried saving the imported list and cant find the m3u file
Old 22nd January 2015, 20:04   #8
Max Machina

never mind, i found it
Old 22nd January 2015, 20:05   #9
Aminifu
Forum King

Winamp keeps track of the last folder used. Try saving it again (without actually saving it) and Winamp should open the last folder used for you to look in.

Failing that, you can use the Windows search feature to search your whole computer for the filename you used for the playlist. Maybe you closed the folder without actually saving the file, it can happen. I've done it.

Edit:
Good, where was it?

Old 22nd January 2015, 21:44   #10
Max Machina

Quote:

Edit:
Good, where was it?

i saved it in the wrong location / thats all