Old 14th May 2005, 18:40   #1
Der420er

id3 tag / media library prob

i have a somewhat weird problem with the media library. i'm using winamp 5.03c (on win2000pro, no other plugins installed) and after going through the ml preferences by curiosity, the album column now does not show the "album" text from the id3 tags anymore but the folder the file is stored in.
the playlist entrys are somewhat weird recently, too: after adding files, the playlist shows the info from the id3 tags (as i want it to do). but when playback of a file starts, the playlist entry displays the the filename again (that means, it actually changes). after that the filename will be displayed until i remove the file from the playlist & add it again - in this case it starts over...

in summary: I want the ml to read the id3 tags and show the album specified there, instead of the folder, and i want the playlist to display always the info from the id3 tag.

can someone help me?
Der420er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2005, 18:45   #2
drewbar
Sawg 2.0
Major Dude

Are you sure there are no third party plug-ins installed? Especially a third party MP3 deocder like the MP3Pro plug-in? Because that would cause that.

Count with us!
Jan 1st, 12AM (PST, GMT -8) 2010 - 282,246
drewbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support