Old 13th May 2005, 12:31   #1
Seph212

Unable to change size

I just downloaded the new winamp last night.

With my last version, I had a skint hat I was very used to, that I could click and drag the corners and change the opacity. It was long a thin and I could hide it up at the tp of the screen.

I don't seem to have ANY of these functions with the new winamp. Can someone help me get them back?

Thank you very much,
-Seph
Seph212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2005, 13:45   #2
JonnyMac

Are you using a classic or modern skin. Scaling, opacity and docked toolbar are functions of modern skins.

Click and dragging for scaling will depend on the skin and the window you are using.

Ctrl+Right click on a "empty" space as a shortcut to opacity, scaling and docked toolbar menu.

Docked toolbar is currently available to the Modern Default skin and some newer modern skins. Other modern skins will need have to be updated to make use of the docked toolbar. It is up to the skin author/developer to update the skin. To set the docked toolbar…

Main/Player Window
WindowShade (toolbar) mode > Ctrl+'Right Click' on a "empty" space > Docked Toolbar > select Bottom or Top > uncheck Auto-hide, you may also want to check "Always on top"

Playlist
WindowShade (toolbar) or normal mode > Ctrl+'Right Click' on a "empty" space (not on the text or list area) > Docked Toolbar > select area of choice > uncheck Auto-hide, you may also want to check "Always on top"

As for classic skins. The equalizer and main/player windows can not be scaled, however Ctrl+D toggles double sized mode.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2005, 13:59   #3
Seph212

Thank you very much for your help.

This leads me to believe that I currently can not use the modern skins, as when I choose a skin such as "MMD3" which came with the download, nothing changes. I also can't access any skin that has the file extension .wal

Any suggestions?

Thank you again,
-Seph
Old 13th May 2005, 14:19   #4
jmatthews112
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to jmatthews112 Send a message via Yahoo to jmatthews112
Did you install Modern Skin Support, only available in the Full, Bundle or Pro versions?

If not, perform a clean install of the most recent version of Winamp.
jmatthews112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2005, 14:22   #5
Seph212

gotcha, I just downloaded "lite", I'll uninstall it and download full.

Thank you for your help, and my appologies if I'm a little slow

-Seph
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support