Old 11th January 2010, 22:12   #1
Skib

Creating A Favorite Preset Playlist?

Let me start by saying how much I love the Milkdrop visualization feature of winamp. However, what I'm looking to do is be able to configure things in a way that I can eliminate the presets I don't care much for and have only my favorite presets play. I realize you can rate the presets and the highest rated will play most often, however would this not be limited to the computer which you use to rate the presets? For instance if I were to rate all the presets on my computer but then wanted to go over to my friends place and use his computer to listen to music and play some visuals is there not a way to load my favorite presets into the winamp that's installed on his computer?

Please let me know if this is possible!

Thanks,
Scott
Skib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 00:00   #2
Nitorami
Major Dude

Scott

The rating is stored in the individual .milk files themselves.
Line 6, fRating.

I recommend to copy your files to a different directory than where your friend keeps them, otherwise if you overwrite his files, he'll lose his own rating. Press L in the milkdrop window to navigate to your folder and load your presets.

Martin
Nitorami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 01:03   #3
Skib

Thanks for the reply. My friends do enjoy the milkdrop visuals but don't really take the time to configure them. We've pretty much just always played them at random. I'm the first one to look into customizing them a bit more to bring out the better presets more often. So if I were to rate the ones I like best, could I copy the milk files from my computer overwriting the ones on my friends and have my settings save?

Also, I know you can take the presets off random and play them sequentially but can you design a playlist and have certain presets play in an order you want them to?
Skib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 16:06   #4
Nitorami
Major Dude

a) yes

b) I don't know but I think we had this discussion before. Don't remember where. Just try a search in the forum.
Nitorami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 16:46   #5
mkp123

I have always enjoyed the milkdrop visual in winamp. It is really cool. I am really happy to note that there are others as well who love it. I would like to point out that changes made in presets will be working on individual computers only. In other words, if changes are made in computer A then it will be effective in it only and not on computer B. So there is no way that he can set his presets into the Winamp of his friend’s computer.
mkp123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop