Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 15th February 2015, 23:50   #401
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
Wow I thought my backup was big with 157.187KB zip and 134.087KB 7z.
7z needs ~25seconds longer than zip, but I guess this depends on the CPU etc too.
I have large album art caches. They continue to grow over the years. I don't really need to back them up, since they'll be recreated as needed.

Quote:
These logs are mainly for debugging, honestly i don't want to fill the users disks with tons of logs, then I have to add the ability to clean logs etc too.
No worse than keeping tons of archives. You could give the user an option to limit the number of archives and logs kept (e.g. a selectable number or a date limit). Anyway I'm happy with the way things are in this respect. I guess most users would only be interested in restoring all or part of their latest archive.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2015, 00:06   #402
DrO

it'd be better to not backup the art cache by default imho (seeing as it's re-built as needed) so you're saving time and only backing up what needs to be backed up rather than anything and everything.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2015, 00:48   #403
Aminifu
Forum King

I agree. I only started trying to back up everything (supported in my configuration) in order to help Koopa test the tool.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Old 20th February 2015, 16:35   #404
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
it'd be better to not backup the art cache by default imho (seeing as it's re-built as needed) so you're saving time and only backing up what needs to be backed up rather than anything and everything.
Shall I remove that in general?
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2015, 02:20   #405
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

I've almost finished work on the next final version, which also removes backup/restoration of the album art cache.

The cache will be rebuild by Winamp if needed and so there is no need to back it up in general. Should be more safe and will decrease the file size of your backup archive(s).
Old 1st November 2015, 12:13   #406
Mishmushkela

Need your help

It seems like ive made a backup of winamp with an older version of the tool.

After re-installing Windows i downloaded the newest version.

My files are just saved in folders, not in a zip format folder.

Is it possible to convert those or do you have a version of the program before "zip" ?

EDIT: Just found version 1.0 .... it worked
Mishmushkela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2015, 20:05   #407
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

You can simply zip up the folder.

And I suggest that you are not using v1.0 etc.
Old 23rd November 2015, 10:01   #408
soundJK

http://koopa.meggamusic.co.uk/contact.php seems to be down for me, can anyone else access it?
soundJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2015, 16:42   #409
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

working just fine here
Old 27th November 2015, 21:15   #410
onestar

FYI:

Recently, my Winamp lost all of its setting, history, most played...everything. It was like a blank slate. Thankfully, I make regular backups on the database with this incredible, life saving tool, but the last time I went to restore it, it didn't work.

(FYI, this occurred on two different computers, both running Win 8.1)

When I ran the tool, restoring files either in Previous or Automatic mode, it didn't work. To test, I deleted the files in the directory and then tried a restore. The Plugins folder opened for a second, but everything disappeared.

I manually opened the backup I'd created and copied the files manually, and that worked. I tried to create an extended log file to post here, but none was created.

I believe there's a permissions issue with the backup tool and 8.1. As I said, I was able to manually copy the backed up files.

Also, I tried to run the tool as an Administrator, but that didn't work either.

Thank you again for this tool! It's saved mine, as well as the llama's, ass on more than one occasion!
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2015, 01:43   #411
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Restore Mode does not work with limited user permissions and UAC enabled. I sadly have no time to address that issue which would require a lot of work.
Old 16th March 2016, 18:34   #412
amosher4

Wonderful tool

Just want to say thanks for creating your backup tool. Like many doing a clean Window 10 install I was faced with losing all the work I put into my library.

Now onto the 30 other things that need to be rebuilt by hand in Win10.
amosher4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2016, 22:23   #413
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

v2.0.2 is available, which is based on NSIS v3.0b3 which fixes some security issues.

Note, this does not contain the changes form latest beta build, I'm still working on a final version of v2.1.

amosher4: Thanks I'm glad that it is useful.
Old 2nd April 2016, 05:27   #414
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

I sadly had lost the source code of my last public beta and had to rebuilt it all based on 2.x.

I would be happy for any feedback I can get, because it was a lot of work and i made many changes:

Quote:
3.0 Beta:

- added ability to create 7-Zip compressed backups
- added an option to Backup Mode to choose the compression format
- added an error message if the backup archive is currently open in an external program like 7-Zip or WinRar to backup path page
- improved the logic of the default shown backup file path in restore mode:
* at first it will show the last used restore file path if available
* if no restore path is available it will use the last used backup file path
- made file selection dialog for backup path in restore mode allows loading of .7z files
- changed icon for 'Automatic' mode in mode selection page
- changed icon for backup path in restore mode
- changed PayPal icon in finish page
- changed design of the website link in finish page
- made Backup path edit control read only in Backup Mode page (use the Browse button to set a custom path)
- made backup file selection edit control read only in restore mode path page (use the Browse button to set a custom path)
- made restore path read only on restore mode path page (use the Browse button to set a custom path)
- removed backup/restoration of Winamp album art caches (Winamp always re-creates them if needed)
- updated 7-Zip to v15.14
- [Installer] re-designed the finish page
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xxvyh0wcfx...Setup.exe?dl=0

I need especially someone who can help with testing restore mode.
Old 4th April 2016, 12:14   #415
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

I really hope to get some feedback.

Nevertheless, I totally revamped the log file(s), it will write HTML logfiles know

Old 4th April 2016, 14:26   #416
ryerman
Major Dude

Quote:
Installed Version: 3.0.0.1724 Beta!
Tool Configuration:
  • What to do: Backup files
  • Create an extended log file: no
  • Backup location: default
  • Compression: default
  • Mode: automatic
Result:
Back-up not created.
Zip archive created containing only one file: Winamp_Backup_Integrity.winampbackup

I tried ver 2.0.2.1622 with the same result.

How can I help to solve this?

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Winamp 5.666, Bento Skin
ryerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2016, 14:38   #417
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi Koopa,

I tested v3.0.0.1724 Beta! and all the backup and restore features work as expected for me using custom mode, extended log files, and the default locations and compression format.

I still got the text logfiles. I assume the html logs will be in the next version. That's a good idea since they will be easier to read and understand.

I noticed that the artwork cache files are no longer backed up. Another good idea since it reduces the backup time and they get recreated anyway. You should probably stop supporting back up of the Gracenote files also, since the Gracenote supported features no longer work.

I don't remember what you intended to do about UI skin files in folders. I don't have any skins in .zip files, are they already supported? Since the Winamp Info Tool reports on .zip, .wal, .wsz, and skins in folders, the Winamp Backup Tool should probably support all 4 types also.

I have a suggestion for the miscellaneous plug-ins section. Instead of including options for specific 3rd party plug-ins, how about an option to include all unofficial .ini files in the user data Winamp and user data Winamp/Plugins folders. Old 3rd party plug-ins put .ini files in the program Winamp/Plugins folder. You could consider optionally supporting them also. There are probably old 3rd party plug-ins that put configuration data in other files or places (like the registry), but I think the majority of them just use separate .ini files or add data to the winamp.ini file.

Old 4th April 2016, 14:42   #418
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryerman View Post
Back-up not created.
Zip archive created containing only one file: Winamp_Backup_Integrity.winampbackup
Did you change the compression format from 'faster, but bigger' to 'slower, but smaller'?

Edit: Sorry, ignore that question. I now see that you already answered it in your post.

Old 4th April 2016, 15:15   #419
Aminifu
Forum King

I just tried v2.0.2.1622 and all the backup and restore features work as expected for me using custom mode, extended log files, and the default locations. Of course there is no option for changing the compression format and it took about 30 seconds longer to create the archive. Version 3.0.0.1724 Beta! took about 15 seconds to create an archive file with the same contents (minus the art cache files).

@ryerman,
Run either version again and enable the extended log file creation option. The log should tell you were the tool is looking for stuff, what it is looking for, and if it finds anything.

Old 4th April 2016, 17:56   #420
ryerman
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryerman View Post
Installed Version: 3.0.0.1724 Beta!
Back-up not created.
How can I help to solve this?
There's good news and bad news.
Good news: the tool now creates back-ups in the archive.

Bad news: I can't explain why it previously failed.
I guess it's probably user error, but I can't reproduce the failure.
Sorry about that, chief!

@Aminifu
When it did fail, there was no log produced, even when selected.

Old 4th April 2016, 21:19   #421
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

ryerman:

Weird, even 2.x will always write the log file, that version also has checks when something went wrong, files are not present winamp path couldn't be detected.

If it happens again send me please you Winamp_backup_Tool.ini file and make a log with the info tool.

Quote:
I still got the text logfiles. I assume the html logs will be in the next version. That's a good idea since they will be easier to read and understand.
Yeah I'm still working on this right now.

Quote:
You should probably stop supporting back up of the Gracenote files also, since the Gracenote supported features no longer work.
Already removed for next build.

Quote:
I don't remember what you intended to do about UI skin files in folders. I don't have any skins in .zip files, are they already supported? Since the Winamp Info Tool reports on .zip, .wal, .wsz, and skins in folders, the Winamp Backup Tool should probably support all 4 types also.
BT supports all since version 1.x.

Next build also allows backup/restoration of 7z compressed Info Tool reports.

Quote:
I have a suggestion for the miscellaneous plug-ins section. Instead of including options for specific 3rd party plug-ins, how about an option to include all unofficial .ini files in the user data Winamp and user data Winamp/Plugins folders. Old 3rd party plug-ins put .ini files in the program Winamp/Plugins folder. You could consider optionally supporting them also. There are probably old 3rd party plug-ins that put configuration data in other files or places (like the registry), but I think the majority of them just use separate .ini files or add data to the winamp.ini file.
Had a similar idea, the tool already supports both plugin.ini files (multi profile friendly and the old in program dir), but i really should simplify 3rd parties, localization etc is a pain.

Aminifu have you played with the file picker in restore mode to choose a backup file? And does the backup file path in restore mode show the correct file when you run the tool?

Thank you both for testing much appreciated.
Old 4th April 2016, 21:44   #422
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

http://koopa.meggamusic.co.uk/downlo...pToolSetup.exe

If someone wants to see how the HTML output will look like.

Note that nearly all issues are known:

- General info HTML code is not correct (the General info will be reworked)
- Only works for Core settings, ML settings and vis settings now ( haven't implemented it for the rest)
- Only works in backup mode now
- HTML code on bottom isn't correct (not implemented yet)

Even if the HTML output still is i an early stage, you can use this version for your backups, because there were no changes related to backup/restore code which would have a negative effect.

Uploaded a newer build which merges all 3rd parties to 1 section (now I can easily add more 3rd parties in future)
Old 5th April 2016, 02:00   #423
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Here is a second beta:

http://koopa.meggamusic.co.uk/downlo...pToolSetup.exe

Quote:
3.0 Beta 2:

- Backup Tool will now write HTML5 logfiles! (WIP!)
* changed many parts of the provided info in log files to be more informative and more easy to understand
* hard coded the log files to English only
- made DetailPrint more user friendly
* removed unimportant info (complete info will be shown in the log file(s) instead)
* made that DetailPrint only shows files, which were backed up/restored and no skipped files anymore
- added backup/restoration of 7-zip compressed Winamp Info Tool reports
- moved Modern Skin settings file from 'Skins / Color Themes / Icon Packs' section group to 'Winamp Configuration files' section
- moved all 3rd party plugin settings to a '3rd party Plug-in Settings / Presets / Skins' section under 'Miscellaneous Settings' section group (makes it much more easy to add more 3rd parties in future)
- moved 'Winamp Info Tool Settings / Reports' from 'Winamp Core Settings' section group to 'Miscellaneous Settings' section group
- removed backup/restoration of obsolete Gracenote files
- fixed broken backup/restoration for AVS presets
Old 5th April 2016, 16:37   #424
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
BT supports all since version 1.x.
BT has only ever backed up the .wal and .wsz skin archive files for me. I don't see an option to include the skin files in subfolders (under the program Winamp/Skins folder) in the custom mode backup selections. I assumed the default skins in folders were not backed up because they can be reinstalled with the Winamp installation package. The other skins in folders I have were originally in .wal files that I manually expanded and put in folders.

Quote:
Next build also allows backup/restoration of 7z compressed Info Tool reports.
Version 3.0.0.1724 Beta! already backs up and restores my Info Tool reports, both any separate html report files and the zip files in the reports folder. The log says it also looked for separate txt report files, but it didn't find any because there are none in that folder.

Quote:
Aminifu have you played with the file picker in restore mode to choose a backup file? And does the backup file path in restore mode show the correct file when you run the tool?
No, I have not tried restoring individual files. I use BT as a disaster recovery tool (i.e. backup everything it supports in my configuration and restore it all). For a few files (in between full backups), I usually just copy them to another folder for save keeping.

However, I will block out some time this weekend to give the latest version a more complete testing.

As for my suggestion about unofficial 3rd party .ini files, it is really just a selfish wish. I use some 3rd party plug-ins that BT is not programmed to support, so I have to backup their configuration files separately. Before I started using BT, I copied all my Winamp related configuration files to an empty temporary folder (while making a hand written log of which folder each file came from) and made a zip file containing them all that I put in my permanent backups folder. Now I just do that for the few configuration files that BT doesn't support. The number varies according to the number of unsupported 3rd party plug-ins I'm using. Due to BT, this process takes a lot less time than it use to.

Old 5th April 2016, 18:43   #425
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

1. will check skins in folders, i only remember that i had disabled backup of Modern/Bento

2. Then I wrote it in the wrong changelog, but 7z reports are new in v3.0

3. Would be cool if you could test backup file path and file browse functionallity in restore mode.

4. Make a list, I can now quickly add them I had to rework it, otherwise any new addition would require update dlanguage files which is a pain.
Old 6th April 2016, 16:50   #426
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
3. Would be cool if you could test backup file path and file browse functionallity in restore mode.
I will not have time to thoroughly test the latest version on my configuration until this weekend, but the v3.0.0.1724 Beta! does not select the most recent backup archive by default. It seems to select the last archive file that was used by the restore mode.

Since the display box is too short to display the full path and filename (without scrolling), it may be better to just have the user select the archive to be used. Then you won't have to deal with complaints about the default selection not being the most recent file and having to manually scroll back and forth in the box to check which file has been selected.

My configuration doesn't include all the Winamp features. For example I only use MilkDrop, so I wasn't aware of the AVS issues. Let me know if I should expand my feature set to better help with testing.

Quote:
4. Make a list, I can now quickly add them I had to rework it, otherwise any new addition would require update dlanguage files which is a pain.
I really appreciate your willingness to accommodate me. I currently have the following additional miscellaneous .ini configuration files. I don't think the use of capital letters matter, but I included them just in case.

In the user data Winamp folder:
1. dsp_multiple_config.ini
2. Winamp_Essentials_Pack.ini (this probably doesn't need to be supported, but I noticed BT looks for the Winamp_Extras_Pack.ini file)

In the user data Winamp/Plugins folder:
1. BPEmbededArt.ini
2. BPNoFlush.ini
3. BPXFade.ini

Old 7th April 2016, 01:07   #427
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Beta 3 is there and completes the HTML log file for backup mode finally.

http://koopa.meggamusic.co.uk/downlo...pToolSetup.zip

Quote:
3.0 Beta 3:
- added backup/restortaion of skins in folders
- added backup/restoration for more 3rd party plugins
- moved dsp_sc.ini to '3rd party Plug-in Settings / Presets / Skins' section
- moved Winamp_Deutsche_Sprachdatei.ini to '3rd party Plug-in Settings / Presets / Skins' section
- [Log File] added missing stuff from Beta 2 to the HTML Backup log file (log file should be complete now)
- [Log File] added a new 'System Information' table on top
- [Log File] added a new 'Backup End Info' table on bottom
- [Log File] added a new 'Statistics' table on bottom
- [Log File] added tons of css tweaks
* added fixed column sizes
* made that 'Successful' columns have a green background color
* centered the texts in columns where it makes sense
* made file path columns which don't need to show a path have a gray background color
- [Log File] improved the shown log info for 'Winamp Pro Reg Data'
- [Log File] added a 'End of Backup Log' line on bottom
- [Log File] fixed a bunch of HTML code issues
- [Log File] fixed duplicated Beta branding on top of the report (Beta 2 specific)
- fixed a bug in update check (Beta 2 specific)
- [Tool/Installer] updated to NSIS v3.0RC1
Aminifu dsp_multiple was already supported.
Old 7th April 2016, 04:34   #428
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
does not select the most recent backup archive by default. It seems to select the last archive file that was used by the restore mode.
That is the current code design:

1. Use latest restored file if available
2. if no restored file is available use latest backup file if available instead
3. if no latest create dbackup file is available show nothing

I hope that maked most sense

Quote:
Since the display box is too short to display the full path and filename (without scrolling), it may be better to just have the user select the archive to be used. Then you won't have to deal with complaints about the default selection not being the most recent file and having to manually scroll back and forth in the box to check which file has been selected.
I could change it to only show the file name.
Old 7th April 2016, 15:59   #429
Aminifu
Forum King

You forgot to provide a download link for Beta 3. The link in post #449 no longer works (it provides a message linking to your main site) and your main site is still providing v2.0.2.1622 (even though an image of Beta 3 is shown).

As for the "dsp_multiple_config.ini" file, v3.0.0.1724 must have a bug. According to it's log, no filename starting with "dsp_" is even looked for.

Quote:
That is the current code design:

1. Use latest restored file if available
2. if no restored file is available use latest backup file if available instead
3. if no latest create dbackup file is available show nothing

I hope that maked most sense
That's fine with me. Part of the message on the dialog (i.e. "Winamp Backup Tool automatically detects the correct path of your last generated backup file.") made me expect something else. Maybe the word "generated" should be changed to "restored".

Or change the whole message to something like;

Default selects the latest restored backup archive or the latest backup archive if the latest restored archive is not available. If neither file is available in the storage folder last used, nothing is selected.

Quote:
I could change it to only show the file name.
That works for me.

EDIT:
I changed my suggested replacement message above.

Old 7th April 2016, 16:07   #430
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Added the download link, sorry.

as for dsp_multiple weird, take a look at the attachment. Will need to verify that code again, if it fails for you

Here is my full output from Beta 3:

http://koopa.meggamusic.co.uk/downlo...ol_Backup.html

And thanks for your tests/suggestions it is very helpful
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hmmm.png
Views:	119
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	52331  
Old 7th April 2016, 16:29   #431
Aminifu
Forum King

The link in post #453 is not working. I get the same message telling me to use the official site.

Old 7th April 2016, 16:34   #432
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Try again I zipped it. I sadly had to block external exe downloads because some sites hot linked to my downloads.

Funny that the links work in Skype etc, only not via browser, hehe
Old 7th April 2016, 17:14   #433
Aminifu
Forum King

Ok, the backup mode of v3.0.0.1782 works perfectly for me (all the miscellaneous .ini files, the skins in folders, and everything else in my configuration I selected in custom mode). The html log file is great. Although, the number of skins in folders is not included in the statistics section.

Thanks to my SSD drive, the archiving of 1507 files and 149 directories only took 20 seconds. It would have taken less time but my SSD is not running at full speed, since my mobo only supports SATA 2.0.

In restore mode, the automatic archive selection is not working as you said in post #454 above. The archive filename shown is of the last archive I restored (info probably taken from the "Winamp_Backup_Tool.ini" file) even though I renamed and removed the actual file from the backup folder.

Last edited by Aminifu; 7th April 2016 at 18:49.
Old 7th April 2016, 18:51   #434
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
In restore mode, the automatic archive selection is not working as you said in post #454 above. The archive filename shown is of the last archive I restored (info probably taken from the "Winamp_Backup_Tool.ini" file) even though I renamed and removed the actual file from the backup folder.
It is

1. use last restore file
2. use last backup file
3. leave it empty

If you delte the restore file in Winamp_Backup_Tool.ini it will used the last created backup path instead.

But I think i'll change it to always use latest backup filr only.

I'm glad that you like the log file, still much wokrk for me left, hehe.
Old 7th April 2016, 19:05   #435
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
It is

1. use last restore file
2. use last backup file
3. leave it empty

If you delte the restore file in Winamp_Backup_Tool.ini it will used the last created backup path instead.

But I think i'll change it to always use latest backup filr only.

I'm glad that you like the log file, still much wokrk for me left, hehe.
So BT does not check to see if the archive files listed in Winamp_Backup_Tool.ini are actually in the backup folder?

Old 8th April 2016, 15:12   #436
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Nice catch will add a file check.

But you cannot restore with an invalid zip/7z archive because the integrity check wouldn't allow it.
Old 8th April 2016, 15:18   #437
ryerman
Major Dude

Winamp Backup Tool - incomplete backup if creating extended log file is NOT selected

Quote:
Winamp Backup Tool Ver3.0.0.1782

I have 5 Media Library playlists.
When performing the actions described below, sometimes only 1 is backed up correctly.
Also, at one point, a log file is created when I specify that it should not be.

To reproduce this, the tool is run with these common settings:
General Settings: backup
Path Selection: default
Compression: default
Mode: automatic

1.Run the tool 2 times, each time selecting "Create an extended log file".
(This clears the strange behaviour that I see in the following executions.)

2. Run the tool a 3rd time but de-select "Create an extended log file".
results: a log file is created (bad), and all ML playlists are backed up correctly (good).

3. Run the tool a 4th time with "Create an extended log file" still de-selected.
results: no log file is created (good), but only one ML playlist is backed-up (bad).

4. Run the tool a 5th, 6th, 7th .... etc. time, each time with "Create an extended log file" still de-selected.
results: no log file is created (good), but only one ML playlist is backed-up (bad).

To resume complete back-ups, go to step 1, above.

Some other observations that may be pertinent (or not ):
1.I noticed this problem with ML playlists but it may happen with other files. I didn't check.

2.Above the progress bar is a written description of what is being backed up. I see "Winamp Configuration Files" displayed quickly and then "Media Library Bookmarks" is displayed for the remainder of the back-up, even though some different files are being copied.
Suggestion: remove the written descriptions completely.

2.It seems that the log and backup archive are over-written if another back-up is performed on the same day.
Suggestion: either automatically rename the last backup to avoid over-writing, or provide a user option. I prefer an option.

Old 8th April 2016, 15:31   #438
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

I will try to reproduce your issue.

I've changed code parts of the log file in Beta 4, it currently wrote parts of the log file on init already...

So this would explain why disabling that options sometimes fails.

I plan to remove the option in general, so that the tool will always write log files.
Here is an early Beta 4 Build:

http://koopa.meggamusic.co.uk/downlo...pToolSetup.zip

which should fix the log disabling issue you have.
Quote:
2.Above the progress bar is a written description of what is being backed up. I see "Winamp Configuration Files" displayed quickly and then "Media Library Bookmarks" is displayed for the remainder of the back-up, even though some different files are being copied.
Suggestion: remove the written descriptions completely.
Could you provide a screenshot and explain what excatly isn't correct?

Some parts of the DetailsView (both the listing and the thing over the progress bar) used the same stuff like the log file before. I ripped out the log file parts from DetailsView and simplified the output of the DetailView in general and probably introduced some glitches.
Quote:
2.It seems that the log and backup archive are over-written if another back-up is performed on the same day.
Suggestion: either automatically rename the last backup to avoid over-writing, or provide a user option. I prefer an option
That is the current design, Info Tool is using the same structure.

I may allow creating several files on one day, but as for the logs, I will not change it, when i create a log file fo each backup/restoration, the computer is filled with log files and it makes it harder if someone must send me a log file to explain what file I excatly need.
Old 8th April 2016, 16:38   #439
ryerman
Major Dude

Quote:
....Could you provide a screenshot and explain what excatly isn't correct?.....
No matter what the detailed activity pane shows, the progress description shows only 1 of 3 things:
Backing up: Winamp Configuration Files
or
Backing up: Media Library Bookmarks
or
Compressing your backup files...

Most of the time that "Backing up: Media Library Bookmarks" is shown, some other files are being copied. The message is out of date and does not describe what is currently being backed up.
It might be valuable to show the "Compressing your backup files..." message, but the others seem unnecessary, especially if they are inaccurate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Backup Tool Screenshots.png
Views:	136
Size:	629.1 KB
ID:	52338  

Old 8th April 2016, 19:00   #440
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:

But you cannot restore with an invalid zip/7z archive because the integrity check wouldn't allow it.
Does that mean that a renamed archive and/or archives created with older versions of BT will be treated as invalid when selected with the Browse option?

As for the messages above the progress bar, I agree with ryerman that they are not needed. The window below the progress bar shows what is happening. I've been ignoring those messages, tbh.

I also notice that the "not responding" message in the title bar is not there. Does this mean that BT is multi-threaded?

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Tags
backup, database, library, lost, restoration, restore, settings