Old 31st May 2010, 12:02   #1
SeanFlow

Winamp will not pick my ID3 tags

Hi all,

Been using Winamp now for a few years... I currently have v5.572. My problem is that all the music I have ripped via CDex, the tags I put in are not showing on Winamp. I have then used Audio Shell Tag Editor, Stamp ID3 Tag Editor and Tag&Rename... each time they show the correct info (including album art), but when I "import" into Winamp, the tags are incorrect and no album art.

When I try "Edit selected items" I can change the info, but if I happen to move the songs or want to re "Add media to library" then the info I changed on Winamp goes back to the original wrong tags.

Any help or suggestions?
SeanFlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 13:56   #2
robdog2004
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to robdog2004 Send a message via Yahoo to robdog2004
best thing i can recommend is to use the mp3tag editor (external program)
this editor embeds the data
if this wont work it means there is either a error in the tags (most likely multiple tags in one file)
or there is a error with winamp itself and we will need more info to help troubleshoot

thanks rob
(c)rob 2013 (picture & SN)

(please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having
robdog2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 18:37   #3
NashvilleKit

Still a problem

I use Mp3tag's great program to correct and maintain my mp3 metatags in all of my music tracks. Winamp (5.623 x86) (on my 64-bit Win7 Home Premium Dell desktop) NEVER displays the correct tag info. Even the titles and artist are incorrect if I change them from the first time that Winamp "saw" them. And, if I use the basic metadata editor in Winamp and change, say, the Genre, it is immediately listed correctly. But if I change the same thing in Mp3tag, it is NEVER reflected in Winamp.

MY fave player MusicMatch (which Yahoo bought and destroyed years ago) had a function for the Music Library called something like "Refresh" which searched through the entire library and updated all that stuff. Does Winamp have any such function? And/or is there any way to fix this problem?
NashvilleKit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2012, 11:11   #4
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi NashvilleKit,

Check your file modified date option in MP3Tag. If the file modified date is not changed then Winamp will not pick up any changes. In other words, Winamp looks at a file's modified date and if it is the same as when it last saved the file's data it will not update the data.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 03:54   #5
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
i also recommend making sure all the metadata "guessing" winamp does is turned off, (in two separate places on the watch folders tab), and use artist as albumartist is off.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 07:16   #6
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

The "refresh" feature in Winamp is to select all (relevant?) tracks in the Tracks pane of a Local Media view in the library
and then right-click the first selected -> Read metadata on selected items.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support