Old 17th October 2005, 12:21   #1
absinthe

Question What is this song

So what do you do when you hear a song and can't for the life of you, even with the entire Internet and all its search capabilities at your disposal, figure out what it is?

Here's one that's been bugging me for a few years now. I was in a movie theatre a few years ago. Seems like the movie might've been "The Perfect Storm." Not sure about that, but it was probably about that time period. You know how they always pipe-in music before the movie, and how there usually even seems to be a strange DJ on the job as well? Well, they always seem to play off the wall or promo stuff in theatres before movies, and I'm always hearing something I like.

On this particular occasion, I heard this "cute" (yeah, I did say "cute") little song sung by, I would guess, a little girl. These were the words to the chorus as I remember them.

Enjoy bein' a kid
So you won't regret what you never did
Have some fun and be thankful you're young
Enjoy bein' a kid
[repeat]

It had a very "pop" feel to it, but it was a great little song. I went home and searched for it immediately. I can only assume it's title is "Enjoy bein' a kid." I've searched for this several times in the last few years and have never been able to find it.

Any ideas?

-abs
absinthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Music O'Rama