Old 19th September 2011, 13:54   #1
JohnSmither

Ful URL for streaming within my localhost

Apologies. I have been everywhere, read several versions of download, installing and configuring winamp. I have searched the forum.

I am looking for the correct URL for a localhost connection to a server 8001 with my winamp. I am using a standalone encoder which is already connected.

What is wrong with this on my local computer's winamp?

http://localhost:8001/stream/2/
JohnSmither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 13:58   #2
DrO

the first part is fine.

the /stream/2/ part may not be as that is telling the DNAS to provide stream #2 to the client so unless that exists then it won't work.

otherwise it looks fine to me for trying to connect to stream#2 on a localhost. though if you're having issues then really it'd be easier to access the 'listen' option from the stream summary page you're trying to listen to - that way you know you'll have the correct stream.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 15:13   #3
JohnSmither

Thanks for that.

I've tried every way to connect. I'll explain the steps I have, if this helps.

Encoder to server
Server = localhost
Port = 8000
SID = 2

This is working, but I do have an error message to register with Autorealm; but it is working and encoding....it is reaching the server.

This is my very basic config file: called sc_serv_testsimple.conf

###############################################

; NOTE: for any relative paths specified are relative to
; sc_serv and not to where the conf file is being stored

; here we will setup where the log and other related files
; will be stored. make sure that these folders exist else
; sc_serv will throw an error and will close itself down.
; we will make the logs save to the sc_serv2 directory
logfile=logs\sc_serv.log
w3clog=logs\sc_w3c.log
banfile=control\sc_serv.ban
ripfile=control\sc_serv.rip

; the following will force any sources to be public which
; allows us to then connect and be listed on the YP
publicserver=always

; password used by sc_trans or the Winamp DSP plug-in
; NOTE: remember to change this to something else
password=testing

; password used for accessing the administation pages
; NOTE: remember to change this to something else
adminpassword=changeme

; as we are going to connect to the YP then we need to fill
; in the required options so we can authenticate to the YP2
; see sc_serv.txt - section 3.0 for details on getting this
;
; make sure that you completely replace the string
; <enter_your_auth_key_here> with the authorisation key you
; obtained when registering the stream for the SHOUTcast YP
; e.g. if you auth hash key is 12345 then the line would be
; streamauthhash=12345
streamauthhash=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
###########################################

I do have a correct streamauthhash; well I have external servers from which I am using this authhash.

My CMD command was sc_serv.exe sc_serv_testsimple.conf; I can see that the server loaded the sc_serv_testsimple.config file and was listening for connections on port 8000 and 8001. It found the shoutcast encoding and accepted the password but DID NOT find the authhash for "stream config #2" and abandoned registration with YP.

There was an error message which says SHOUTcast 2 client connection rejected Stream not available.

I'll leave there for now. All I set was the config file. This is very limited. Looking around I note that many things can be adjusted. Is it perhaps I have not set the amount for the number of listeners?

Thanks in advance
Old 19th September 2011, 15:20   #4
DrO

ok, you're trying to connect as a source, not as a listener (as your first post indicated).

if that is so then you're trying to connect to the DNAS in completely the wrong way. do you have the Source DSP installed in Winamp and active?

-daz
Old 19th September 2011, 15:35   #5
JohnSmither

Please forgive the ignorance.

I am trying to connect as a listener, through winamp. I have encoded successfully to the server, or so it says. Now I need to have the server connect to winamp, which I am trying to do as a listener; better giving you the full details.

I do not have a source dsp because I do not want to run winamp as a source.

Thanks again
Old 19th September 2011, 15:45   #6
DrO

ok starting over again.

based on your config, you only have 1 stream configured so server:8000/stream/2/ will not work. if you want to access the current stream then you need to use server:8000/stream/1/.

or really just open server:8000 which will show all running streams, click on the one wanted and then use the listen option.

note: your config indicates you're running on port 8000 and not 8001 as per the first post.

-daz
Old 19th September 2011, 15:51   #7
JohnSmither

Thanks for your patience Daz.

When I connect to Winamp (server:8000) a message pops up which says "end of playback"; this is the same for server:8000/stream/1/
Old 19th September 2011, 15:54   #8
DrO

can you confirm what version of the v2 DNAS you're running please?

also can you confirm there are no YP errors in the log e.g. 480 errors. plus do you intend for the stream to be public or just something locally run?

-daz
Old 19th September 2011, 19:33   #9
JohnSmither

sc_serv2_win32_07_31_2011

msg[yp2] No authhash found for stream config #2. Abortin registering stream with YP

Thanks again; I have an authhash included in this server, but its lifted from another public (registered) server. They are all connected; this is the testing server.
Old 19th September 2011, 19:51   #10
DrO

ok, that would explain why it's not allowing client connections since the stream is trying to be public when there's no authhash to use - that basically puts the DNAS in an invalid state since to be public it needs to have the information from the authhash for stream name, etc. so if that cannot be obtained / is not present then it'll just refuse connections. maybe it should allow local lan connections in that state (definitely not public connections) though that would probably give the wrong idea that things are ok with it.

if this is only for testing, then for the source you need to change it to be private or set streampublicserver_2=never and do a config reload (via the option on server:8000/admin.cgi). if not you can just obtain a new authhash for the stream - though for your setup you would need to manually add streamid_2=2 to the config file first (is a bug in the current builds of the DNAS which is not doing that which prevents the added streamauthhash_2=xxxx from being seen).

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support